Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:35:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Purpose of life  (Read 21315 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:43:12 PM

Sweet mother of god.. humans are so fucking obsessed with themselves..

I
do not
give
a
fuck

about what you think the purpose of your life or human life is.

Only VOD is really getting this question..
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:02:26 PM

I see a lot of answers saying what the purpose of life isn't. But still not what at least what people this IS. No one expects any universal truths. Just what you think. Or at least some life experience that you've maybe gone through.

Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:14:22 PM

Sweet mother of god.. humans are so fucking obsessed with themselves..

I
do not
give
a
fuck

about what you think the purpose of your life or human life is.

Only VOD is really getting this question..

You must have VOD blinders on I said the exact same thing a page before and have seen others state it as well.
So are you sucking up? Wink Just joshing you...

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Zeke2345

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:25:29 PM

I see a lot of answers saying what the purpose of life isn't. But still not what at least what people this IS. No one expects any universal truths. Just what you think. Or at least some life experience that you've maybe gone through.

Alright life experiences that changed me...

Think for me right now is realizing I am unable to see myself clearly and have many biases in play. Lately I have come across a few that have been with me my whole life that I could have potentially gone on with till my death if I did not slow down and notice them.
So that has opened my eyes and made me look at perception and how we all have our own blinders on. It makes life very much more interesting when you realize you can witness a event side by side with a person and having totally different out looks on what happened.

Without getting into the ins and outs of my own life,I will just say the moments that challenged my values had the greatest impact on me.

As long as I keep changing as a person its gratifying enough for me.

If we kill the religious aspect or the atheist points,we can get this thread going more down the line you are interested in. But I have been here long enough to see agendas by the same people and similar posts that just turn into fights. As long as religion is in play we will see multiple posts on the same outlook with no personal reflection.

fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:03:32 AM

Life is a sexual transmittable deadly disease

Yes!.. This is the definition!..  Grin
Dagwanoenyent

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:15:16 PM

Life is something most precious when you're at the end of..
Till then drugs, alcohol, rock and roll ,tits..
Zeke2345

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:56:48 PM

Life is something most precious when you're at the end of..
Till then drugs, alcohol, rock and roll ,tits..

Have watched a few people die and other age towards it,the unknown is very scary for some people.
I look at it like it ends on death and nothing happens for you,if it does I am excited upon realizing its a new journey.
No need to live a life waiting for death,like some monks prepare all life for death. Seems a bit harsh.

Lets say we get a christian version,if you go off that many of the christians will go to hell as well. Standards are pretty high and it would be boring to be around a bunch of suck ups anyways. If you got to hell,you get to find out what you do not like and maybe spend eternity working on blocking it out or building up resistance.

akosimakulit

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:13:35 AM

To help others. To love others. To make a difference. To make the world a better place. To work against selfishness and live together in as much harmony as possible. All these things are at the core of the Bible. We live to do these things so we don't live in vain. If we all did unto others we'd have a paradise here on earth. And yet we're promised many blessings in this life for doing so, as well as eternal life as a forever reward. I find it rather simple and elegant. As it should be, even a child can understand. I've pursued this all my life and I have to share that there is no better way. No guilt, no addiction, no emptiness. There's great honor and strength and peace and wisdom in it. The scriptures have provided all the answers. I see them completely as a love letter and recipe to keep our hearts and spirits purring. Because that's what I've experienced. Nothing could be better. Look up the Purpose Driven Life for a full explanation I haven't got space for. Seek and you shall find. Wink Kiss
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:16:14 AM

It depends, for religious people, the purpose of life is to serve God. I just don't know what's for atheists. Personally I would say we live to experience happiness Smiley

Zeke2345

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:40:24 PM

It depends, for religious people, the purpose of life is to serve God. I just don't know what's for atheists. Personally I would say we live to experience happiness Smiley

Survival is the main focus and after that it is to procreate like all forms of life. There is a reason we start to fall apart after a set age and its due to being less useful to making more humans. A lot of what we believe is to establish this goal and continue the game.
End of the day we think we are better than animals because we tell ourselves that.

Cynocephalus

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:48:27 PM

Try to make someone happy and you will achieve small move toward finding answer!
snuffish

Activity: 259

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:37:37 PM

Since we are all clearly alive, then perhaps a hint to our purpose might involve being fully alive..

to1ga

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 10:12:09 PM

My purpose is earn money and help my mom  Smiley

█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
               ▄▄█  █▄▄
            ▄█████  █████▄
       ▄  █▄ ▀▀███  ███▀▀ ▄█  ▄
   ▄▄███  ████▄▄ ▀  ▀ ▄▄████  ███▄▄

▀▀███  ████▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀████  ███▀▀  ▄
███▄▄  ▀  ▀▀ ▄▄███  ███▄▄ ▀▀  ▀  ▄▄███
█████▀      ▀█████  █████▀      ▀█████
█▀▀  ▄▄█  ██▄▄ ▀▀█  █▀▀ ▄▄██  █▄▄  ▀▀█
   █████  ██████      ██████  █████
█▄▄  ▀▀█  ██▀▀ ▄▄█  █▄▄ ▀▀██  █▀▀  ▄▄█
█████▄      ▄█████  █████▄      ▄█████
███▀▀  ▄  ▄▄ ▀▀███  ███▀▀ ▄▄  ▄  ▀▀███
▀  ▄▄███  ████▄▄ ▀  ▀ ▄▄████  ███▄▄  ▀
   ▀▀███  ████▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀████  ███▀▀
       ▀  █▀ ▄▄███  ███▄▄ ▀█  ▀
            ▀█████  █████▀
               ▀▀█  █▀▀
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
A Blog That Discusses About
Artificial Intelligence    The Future    Ethics on AI    and more
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
Zeke2345

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:44:42 PM

Since we are all clearly alive, then perhaps a hint to our purpose might involve being fully alive..

More is not always better,ask the fat people! Grin

Its interesting that we want to be more alive and jacked in with each passing day.
I say back to the caves when we used to mutilate neighboring tribes for territorial gain...Oh wait,nvm!

Dank14

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:07:37 PM

The real purpose of life is to learn to live in obedience to God every blessed day i.e obey your conscience every day.

Without your knowledge, you are bringing the kingdom of God down to Earth, restoring things to the way they were before Adam & Eve sinned and brought chaos & hell to the world.

You are bringing about the new era where Jesus rules supreme.

Isn't it lovely to live in an era where no one ever dies?
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:27:46 PM

Life seems to always be attempting to stop death, is intelligence another attempt at completely preventing it..

Life, not human life.. get over your freaking selves.

in my opinion, the purpose of live is get to immortality or conquer the whole universe, but all I want is eat fries, forever and ever
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:15:57 PM

Nothing,

Or...

https://www.google.ca/search?sclient=psy-ab&biw=1289&bih=683&q=the+answer+to+life+the+universe+and+everything&oq=the+meaning+of+life+the+universe+and+everything&gs_l=hp.9..0i71l4.0.0.1.16637.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.csbd%2Ccfro%3D1%2Csrna%3D10%2Csrs%3D20...0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0.Y92XblYnQ3Q&pbx=1&btnI=1
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:17:05 PM

Life seems to always be attempting to stop death, is intelligence another attempt at completely preventing it..

in my opinion, the purpose of live is get to immortality or conquer the whole universe, but all I want is eat fries, forever and ever

I lean towards this as well.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:13:35 AM

My purpose of life is make from myself a good man, lover and son for my parents. Also businesman  Grin

Berthorl

Activity: 135

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:24:31 AM

I lean towards this as well.

Which leads to a shorter life span... so you wont really live the rest of your life..

Thats not a way to go lol. Eat clean, make money, leave a legacy for your family is what I feel.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: