Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:04:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What price should I buy at?  (Read 7971 times)
subwoofer12 (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:05:30 AM

The price has been going up quite steadily the past few days. I want to buy around 3k of coin but I'm reluctant right now, because I predict a crash happening quite soon. Not really sure where I should enter at, I think after a price drop of $50 I'd be safe.

Ideally I'm trying to win at a January 14 scenario  Cheesy

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 04:20:14 AM

My prediction is that it will keep rising to +$1000.

But that is just my prediction. Whether I believe it is another matter. If I was you I'd wait, and hope that I'm wrong.
ynkittiya072

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 04:21:21 AM

It makes new high. I think it $320
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:29:05 AM

Buy that 3k in coins now and sell just before the beginning of the year  Cheesy
According to another topic the dump will happen then.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:30:37 AM

The price has been going up quite steadily the past few days. I want to buy around 3k of coin but I'm reluctant right now, because I predict a crash happening quite soon. Not really sure where I should enter at, I think after a price drop of $50 I'd be safe.

If you are not sure, you can buy a small portion right now. If the price goes up, you got some cheap coins. If the price comes down, your average is still low.
intristin

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 04:34:15 AM

I expected it to stop at $300, this rise makes me nervous to buy myself.

BTC : 1mGWN5sXaTrWcfDt7zwq4o6R2LiJKKFGH | DGCS : DU1U2ocTUodyHJTgBLBMfSprjquFCUraf8
Digital Credits : http://dcredits.com
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:37:30 AM

I wonder if this really is that chinese family buying btc for the ransom... makes me kinda conflicted how happy I should be abouy the price jump lately.
subwoofer12 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:39:58 AM

Here are some reasons why you should just stay away:

1. You have no idea if the price is going to go up or down. In other words, you are just gambling.
2. You are asking other people to tell you how to invest your money. If you are investing in something you don't know much about, it is just gambling.
3. You are worried that you might lose money, and for good reason. You shouldn't invest money that you are worried about losing. Invest it in something else. It's not worth it.

I'm not a new trader. I've made about 4k trading Bitcoin. Every investment you ever make is somewhat of a gamble. You just need to limit risk as much as possible.
intristin

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 04:40:26 AM

I wonder if this really is that chinese family buying btc for the ransom... makes me kinda conflicted how happy I should be abouy the price jump lately.

I don't think so, I think it's mostly the weakening yen with a little push from the European court ruling it currency. Anytime there is financial insecurity somewhere this pump happens. Last time it was Greece, Now it's China. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

BTC : 1mGWN5sXaTrWcfDt7zwq4o6R2LiJKKFGH | DGCS : DU1U2ocTUodyHJTgBLBMfSprjquFCUraf8
subwoofer12 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:41:55 AM

I don't foresee the price rising for too much longer. I should have bought in when the price was more stable. The price was hanging around $250 for several weeks.
intristin

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 04:43:08 AM

I don't foresee the price rising for too much longer. I should have bought in when the price was more stable. The price was hanging around $250 for several weeks.

Yea, this, I feel the same way. I'm still gonna buy more on monday.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:45:00 AM

A "crash" isn't likely to happen anytime soon, but a relatively small correction of the price just might/probably will, so i would advise to wait for just
that if you're going to invest in a bunch of coins. There's always a risk of being forced to buy at even higher prices, so everything is a gamble now.
If you don't plan to sell anytime soon, and want to make a long term investment, you should be quite safe, even with 330$ prices.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 04:47:00 AM

Is it just me or has this forum just exploded in activity, I remember the front page would have replies from hours ago. This was just last month or so. Jeeze, I guess a higher Bitcoin price increases the activity of this whole forum.

Edit: Oh wait, the front page still has replies from hours ago, but there is much activity in just the first few threads.
subwoofer12 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:53:22 AM

A "crash" isn't likely to happen anytime soon, but a relatively small correction of the price just might/probably will, so i would advise to wait for just
that if you're going to invest in a bunch of coins. There's always a risk of being forced to buy at even higher prices, so everything is a gamble now.
If you don't plan to sell anytime soon, and want to make a long term investment, you should be quite safe, even with 330$ prices.

Right now I'm doing more of day trading strategy. Usually I buy $1,000 of coin each week regardless of what the price is, I resell on LBC for a little extra cash also.

But I've done buy and hold before which turned out quite nicely. Bought several coins at $100, sold when the price hit $700  Wink
Inkvor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:02:00 AM

1. You have no idea if the price is going to go up or down. In other words, you are just gambling.
chinese exchanges ,more than 70% of they buying is from them .
probably some whale is getting into it to dump it later.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:06:40 AM

But that is just my prediction. Whether I believe it is another matter. If I was you I'd wait, and hope that I'm wrong.

I doubt it. Looking at the previous years comparison, there was the giant peak a couple of years ago towards the end of the year. But, across the board, a lot of stocks go up when it gets towards Christmas time and then slowly fall back down. Happens to most major companies. I'd figure BTC would do the same like it did in 2013. Getting back towards 1k per coin seems far fetched because it's a bit early to say.
subwoofer12 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:14:01 AM

I doubt it. Looking at the previous years comparison, there was the giant peak a couple of years ago towards the end of the year. But, across the board, a lot of stocks go up when it gets towards Christmas time and then slowly fall back down. Happens to most major companies. I'd figure BTC would do the same like it did in 2013. Getting back towards 1k per coin seems far fetched because it's a bit early to say.

I agree. It's going to be several years before we see 1000 again.
subwoofer12 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:16:00 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sell_in_May
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:17:29 AM

Is it just me or has this forum just exploded in activity, I remember the front page would have replies from hours ago. This was just last month or so. Jeeze, I guess a higher Bitcoin price increases the activity of this whole forum.

Edit: Oh wait, the front page still has replies from hours ago, but there is much activity in just the first few threads.
Yes thats because everybody who has noticed the major increase in price to nearly $50 in the last week is finally chiming in to see what all the commotion is about.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:40:46 AM

I agree. It's going to be several years before we see 1000 again.

I do not think so. Just few months or couple of month are more than enough to see the miracle level of $1000 if we continue the price rally in such a same pace. But we need some strong reasons for that only halving will do that eventually for sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: