Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:03:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intelligence  (Read 503 times)
subwoofer12 (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:46:11 AM

Does anyone else disagree with how intelligence is primarily measured? Personally, I subscribe to Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences.

A good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsZ11VVdP_M

I don't believe that one method of measuring intelligence works for all. Richard Lynn states in his book, IQ and the Wealth of Nations, that the San bushmen have an IQ of 54. An IQ under 70 is considered mental retardation. To me being able to survive in the middle of the desert with limited food and water is pretty damn impressive. If you put someone who actually had an intellectual disability in the same situation, they wouldn't last more than a few days. I disagree that race and intelligence have a correlation. I also feel that Gardner's theory is a better way of measuring intelligence.
codishmumu

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:39:42 PM

Intelligence should be measured by if you can achieve exactly what you want in life. Only if you're able to manipulate aspects to get exactly what you were looking for. If you want me to be honest, my IQ is average, but I am a very diligent person, so I eventually get exactly what I want with time and patience.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6176

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:45:57 PM

Something for sure is that intelligence can't be measured with the degrees and diploma's and not with math equations either . Intelligent/genius people have their own way of thinking

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
abhishekthakur

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:49:27 PM

Intelligence is something that can not be figured out for sure. Intelligence is knowing something and applying it at the right moment to reduce time factor. Intelligence is the management of time and work in a specific manner i think.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:53:29 PM

Something for sure is that intelligence can't be measured with the degrees and diploma's and not with math equations either . Intelligent/genius people have their own way of thinking

Food for thought (no pun intended), each race/tribe should construct their own IQ tests, whereupon the results (question, not answers) would be compared. I'd say that an amazing insight would be glean from this experiment.
codishmumu

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:56:39 PM

Hm....

We'll see if that's true, my love. Also, I haven't seen you in so looooong. Where did you go? I only saw you post once in my annoying 14 page long thread in the BTC discussion forum.
Avarosan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:57:58 PM

interesting theory, but i don't think you can measure someone's intelligence in any way, anyone can think of them selfs as intelligent, anyone can make up a test, theory or anything like that and say if you get so and so much points or answers correct BADA BIM BADA BOOM you're intelligent
codishmumu

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:01:17 PM

interesting theory, but i don't think you can measure someone's intelligence in any way, anyone can think of them selfs as intelligent, anyone can make up a test, theory or anything like that and say if you get so and so much points or answers correct BADA BIM BADA BOOM you're intelligent
Thanks for making me spit my salad out from laughing at your cute choice of words.

Also, you almost made me choke on an olive. Thank you. I always wanted to know what it'd be like to be in a near death experience from an olive.
subwoofer12 (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:19:10 AM

each race/tribe should construct their own IQ tests

I agree.

Another interesting video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAhwYoZQKU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: