Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:30:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When will we have the #SelfieCoin? Having to take a selfie to send coins...  (Read 899 times)
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1119
Merit: 1017

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 04:50:12 PM

When will we have the #SelfieCoin? Having to take a selfie with someone to send him/her coins

Since people love selfies so much, I wonder how nobody came yet with a cryptocurrency based on taking selfies to allow for a transaction.
How would it work?
Everytime you need to send someone some of those #SelfieCoin coins you would need to sync the app with your mate's one so that your smartphones would each fire a selfie at the same time.
The job of the miners would be two validate these two synched selfies originated from the two smartphones (sender and receiver of the transaction) and the corresponding transaction.
Also one random pair of selfies would be rewarded, with every block, so that the more selfies you took with different people the more chances you got of winning that mining jackpot.

I'm just thinking. It's not yet clear in my mind how would it actually work...

What do you think. Any ideas?
Will we all be taking selfies with strangers to get more chances of being rewarded by the #SelfieCoin lottery/mining?
Should the selfies show up in the #SelfieCoin blockchain with their GPS coordinates tagged/captured?

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:58:06 PM

Lol. I guess this could be possible if someone wanted to appeal to white girls.

Maybe this could somehow be integrated with pumpkin spice flavored nodes.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:07:43 PM

There is a law in the crypto world (there isn't really, but im making it up right now) that says: "If you think about altcoin, 99% chances that it's already been done".
I actually can't find SelfieCoin so this is a 1% of possibilities of getting rich with a successful coin. Someone code it and see what happens. I may mine some.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:31:08 PM

So we'd have to take a picture of ourself to make a transaction? I guess the social media aspect can be catchy for some (like Venmo) but it has nothing to do with the transaction itself. It's like adding a step for gimic.

Venmo is exactly like PayPal (no fees, some easy of transaction) but Venmo allows people to write a comment about why they're sending money to someone and then you can follow your friends and see their comments.  It's gimicky because of the social media aspect...and people love it - even though it is exactly the same service as paypal.

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 05:58:33 PM

It is a revolutionary concept indeed. Would love to see it prosper.

But it would be even better to MINE the coin by selfies. That is, you take a selfie with someone and that person gets some coins and you too.

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:46:17 PM

You can you know it was a selfie, and not a picture of nothing or a picture of a picture?

I think would be too easy to cheat unless you develop a really clever algorithm

christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:06:42 PM

Go ahead and create one if you want but there are already way too many altcoins on the market.

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:13:48 PM

lol... that would be indeed a great concept. People would take selfies and share with their contacts. then people could tip this selfie. I see a good business opportunity Wink
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:27:15 PM

How would transactions be verified? Some kind of hash from both pictures + a hash/ID of both phones? And what would connect both phones information on the blockchain? Doesn't seem very feasible, but I might be wrong Smiley
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:34:48 PM

Well there is no selfie coin among the 600 cryptocurrencies on coinmarketcap so I guess that nobody stumbled upon the idea to name it this way, even though they are really some terrible alt coin names out there.

When I think about it a bit closely how you explained that it should work, probably would never be able to work. That's why we are still without a selfie coin! Smiley
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:43:32 PM

How would transactions be verified? Some kind of hash from both pictures + a hash/ID of both phones? And what would connect both phones information on the blockchain? Doesn't seem very feasible, but I might be wrong Smiley
Maybe through a face recognition technology? But I think he meant the time the selfie was taken should be the same.
But a selfie for each transaction would mean that you will need to show your face each transaction, which takes away the anonymousness of cryptocurrencies
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1119
Merit: 1017

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 08:41:01 PM

Maybe we must think along the lines of: the more similar the two selfies in a pair were the more the ranking/reputation of the sender would go up and the less fees he would have to pay for the transaction.
In reality he would always be able to make transactions but if the receiver didn't do a selfie with him at the time of the transaction or the selfie was very different from his he would have to pay much more fees for that transaction.
Maybe miners would just be ranking how much percent the two selfies match.
Miners would like that selfies match has little as possible to receive higher fees, but on the other hand there would be an incentive for them to be as much accurate as possible in their judgement of how much each pair of selfies matched.
The closer the judgement of a miner was to the average/consensus of how much the two selfies in a pair were matching according to all miners, the higher would be the chances that that miner was rewarded by the mining lottery.

As I said, I'm just thinking. Nothing is really clear in my mind regarding this topic. Not at all. It is just us thinking...

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:02:50 PM

Maybe we must think along the lines of: the more similar the two selfies in a pair were the more the ranking/reputation of the sender would go up and the less fees he would have to pay for the transaction.
In reality he would always be able to make transactions but if the receiver didn't do a selfie with him at the time of the transaction or the selfie was very different from his he would have to pay much more fees for that transaction.
Maybe miners would just be ranking how much percent the two selfies match.
Miners would like that selfies match has little as possible to receive higher fees, but on the other hand there would be an incentive for them to be as much accurate as possible in their judgement of how much each pair of selfies matched.
The closer the judgement of a miner was to the average/consensus of how much the two selfies in a pair were matching according to all miners, the higher would be the chances that that miner was rewarded by the mining lottery.

As I said, I'm just thinking. Nothing is really clear in my mind regarding this topic. Not at all. It is just us thinking...

But how would you identify what photos are selfies and what are not?
Some people would try to reuse old selfies, what do with them?

How exactly the algorithm would works?

Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:38:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if something like this was made, knowing society at this point. People love to take selfies but I doubt something like this will happen. Even though a lot of people like to selfies, most of them are girls and most of them aren't bit-coiners. So I doubt it would work, if it was made.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 03:14:10 AM

How much would a nude selfie get me?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
maincoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:09:20 AM

Lol no thanks, I'll pass this idea
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:21:18 AM

how about "Punch a ginger" coin ?
each time you post on Facebook a picture of a ginger getting punched out on Youtube you get a punchy coin.
2 coins for a KO..

And don't laugh a cop in Vancouver Canada was caught posting about that on his Facebook page.
saying how he was going to punch out some gingers at work.. as a Police Officer

Redskins ? ..go fuck yourself !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: