Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:43:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNDER DEVELOPMENT] Flurbo | Easy to use HTML5 web interface  (Read 1306 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PonyBoy (OP)

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:53:08 AM

http://flurbo.xyz/

Whitepaper:

https://github.com/Flurbo/Flurbo/wiki/Whitepaper

Looking for anyone that would like to help. I have the coin design down and have a good idea how to make the web server work and tie everything together. I could use a graphic artist and/or web designer. I can also use people that would like to promote the new coin. PM me if you want to join the team.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 06:26:52 AM

Just read your whitepaper Grin First your site looks great despite not a lot things displayed. A user needs to register with an email and password? It sounds just like paypal or google wallet actually but more secured. your cloud server also needs to be tightly secured because this is crucial to run this project. Anyway, I will follow this to see how's thing going
alicex

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:04:33 AM

interest in new idea ,ill follow this ,and if need help ,pm me ...
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 04:30:32 PM

Just read your whitepaper Grin First your site looks great despite not a lot things displayed. A user needs to register with an email and password? It sounds just like paypal or google wallet actually but more secured. your cloud server also needs to be tightly secured because this is crucial to run this project. Anyway, I will follow this to see how's thing going

The cloud servers will definitely need to be secure. The only thing the cloud servers do is index everyone's email address to their public key. Not going to be storing anyone's password, in any form, on the cloud.
Worst case is that someone hacks into the cloud and changes everyone's public key to the hackers public keys so all transactions go to them. This shouldn't be that hard to mitigate against. We will be monitoring the cloud at all times. Setting up alerts to monitor for intruders and doing periodic backups should go a long way. We will also need a blacklist to block anyone trying to exploit the server. We will also be investing in DDOS protection as someone could cause the community headaches by DDOSing the cloud and causing people to not be able to do transactions with E-Mail addresses. We can also mitigate this by having multiple cloud servers that update each other. The client can check any of a number of servers to get the corresponding public key to the E-Mail address entered. This means an attacker would need to DDOS multiple servers. Even if they did this, we can always bring a new cloud server online and give everyone the IP to add to their config file.
Exkluso

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:47:24 PM

Sounds interesting. I think the promotion is the most important thing. You should post in other forums, request for cooperation with shops etc..., maybe ask some youtuber if they want to promote your coin, make exchange, write to some news papers/magazines etc...

But you need one thing that protrude your coin from the others. Simplicity? I don't think that this should be the key point. What is so scary to use bitcoin? In my opinion it isn't difficult. And please answer just one question: Are you wanting to make profit? Or are you doing it only for fun,...?

Maybe I can help you a little bit with the design of your webpage and promotion, well, think about it.

(Please note that I'm german. If there are any mistakes, you'll allowed to correct them. But please keep in mind that I'm coming from Germany.)
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 06:13:17 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2015, 06:36:47 PM by PonyBoy

Sounds interesting. I think the promotion is the most important thing. You should post in other forums, request for cooperation with shops etc..., maybe ask some youtuber if they want to promote your coin, make exchange, write to some news papers/magazines etc...

But you need one thing that protrude your coin from the others. Simplicity? I don't think that this should be the key point. What is so scary to use bitcoin? In my opinion it isn't difficult. And please answer just one question: Are you wanting to make profit? Or are you doing it only for fun,...?

Maybe I can help you a little bit with the design of your webpage and promotion, well, think about it.

(Please note that I'm german. If there are any mistakes, you'll allowed to correct them. But please keep in mind that I'm coming from Germany.)

I'm doing it mostly for fun but I imagine there will be chances for profit on down the line. Advertising in the web client comes to mind. Wink

Are there any other coins doing what I'm trying to accomplish? There are literally thousands of alt coins right now, its hard to keep track of them all. Insanity is defined by doing something over and over and expecting a different outcome every time. By offering a customizable HTML5 web interface instead of the same old Qt window we are changing up a core component.

I did an impromptu survey of sorts with my coworkers. I asked 100 people if they had used Bitcoin and what their experience was with it. Out of over 100 people, 20 knew what Bitcoin was and only 3 had used it before, but did so only once or twice. The regular Bitcoin consumer is a bit of a Unicorn around here.

When I asked the 20 people that knew about Bitcoin why they didn't use it, I got a few answers. They Ranged from; its hard to buy Bitcoin, not knowing how to use Bitcoin, to them thinking its downright illegal to trade Bitcoin because of all of the illegal stuff that is done with it. I did alot of educating during this impromptu survey to say the least.

What I found out is that the average user still doesn't know jack about Bitcoin. Bitcoin has a tarnished name because of all of the illegal stuff that is showed in the news too.

My conclusion is there either needs to be ALOT of education on how to use Bitcoin or we need to make a Crypto-currency that is more user friendly. More like what 95% of the public already uses on a daily basis.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:01:14 PM

This is just a mock up of one of the possibilities.

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:00:24 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 04:14:03 PM by bit1

I'm doing it mostly for fun but I imagine there will be chances for profit on down the line. Advertising in the web client comes to mind. Wink

Are there any other coins doing what I'm trying to accomplish? There are literally thousands of alt coins right now, its hard to keep track of them all. Insanity is defined by doing something over and over and expecting a different outcome every time. By offering a customizable HTML5 web interface instead of the same old Qt window we are changing up a core component.

I did an impromptu survey of sorts with my coworkers. I asked 100 people if they had used Bitcoin and what their experience was with it. Out of over 100 people, 20 knew what Bitcoin was and only 3 had used it before, but did so only once or twice. The regular Bitcoin consumer is a bit of a Unicorn around here.

When I asked the 20 people that knew about Bitcoin why they didn't use it, I got a few answers. They Ranged from; its hard to buy Bitcoin, not knowing how to use Bitcoin, to them thinking its downright illegal to trade Bitcoin because of all of the illegal stuff that is done with it. I did alot of educating during this impromptu survey to say the least.

What I found out is that the average user still doesn't know jack about Bitcoin. Bitcoin has a tarnished name because of all of the illegal stuff that is showed in the news too.

My conclusion is there either needs to be ALOT of education on how to use Bitcoin or we need to make a Crypto-currency that is more user friendly. More like what 95% of the public already uses on a daily basis.
Actually there are some wallets with interface HTML5 already, You will need the same security that an exchange to do the rest and it could be very expensive on terms of human resources. If you project is legitim and fail  then, What?  The thing more secure until now could be BTC. About peoples that think that its hard to buy Bitcoin, not knowing how to use Bitcoin, There are some peoples that dont known how use a PC, But they have parents,Friends,Etc that they known how do it for him/her, like to rest of the things. Even banks and companies  are using ATM to do everything instead off human resources displacing peoples, But it is another history that I dont want touch on here. So BTC could bring  a opportunity to test at least everyone to see how prepared is BTC to support  a massive load of transactions.
Exkluso

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:02:14 PM

Actually there are some wallets with interface HTML5 already, You will need the same security that an exchange to do the rest and it could be very expensive on terms of human resources. If you project is legitim and fail  then, What?  The thing more secure until now could be BTC. About peoples that think that its hard to buy Bitcoin, not knowing how to use Bitcoin, There are some peoples that dont known how use a PC, But they have parents,Friends,Etc that they known how do it for him/her, like to rest of the things. Even banks and companies  are using ATM to do everything instead off human resources displacing peoples, But it is another history that I dont want touch on here. So BTC could bring  a opportunity to test at least everyone to see how prepared is BTC to support  a massive load of transactions.
Of course, it's a lot of work. The question is, how much success the concept has or if it fail. I'll invest a lot of work if I a priori know, that this has success. But there are so many coins and no coin is as big as bitcoin or comparable. As already mentioned, there're already coins that're construed for simplicity (simple (online) interface/wallet, etc...) and they also failed. Why shouldn't now this coin fail? Even if the promotion is good, the coin won't be as big as bitcoin. Why should the people just now buy your coin? Only because it's simple? Remember, there are so many other coins with the exact similiar key point. The people go to bitcoin and not to other coins. Or would you buy a cell phone from a established brand, which you know, or a new brand, which you don't know? Only because the GUI is simpler? I think you'd stay at the established one. Remember the sentence: Never change a running system! The people stay at bitcoins and the people, who come to this market, go to most established coin. And this is - surprise - bitcoin!

alicex

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 12:57:38 AM

Actually there are some wallets with interface HTML5 already, You will need the same security that an exchange to do the rest and it could be very expensive on terms of human resources. If you project is legitim and fail  then, What?  The thing more secure until now could be BTC. About peoples that think that its hard to buy Bitcoin, not knowing how to use Bitcoin, There are some peoples that dont known how use a PC, But they have parents,Friends,Etc that they known how do it for him/her, like to rest of the things. Even banks and companies  are using ATM to do everything instead off human resources displacing peoples, But it is another history that I dont want touch on here. So BTC could bring  a opportunity to test at least everyone to see how prepared is BTC to support  a massive load of transactions.
Of course, it's a lot of work. The question is, how much success the concept has or if it fail. I'll invest a lot of work if I a priori know, that this has success. But there are so many coins and no coin is as big as bitcoin or comparable. As already mentioned, there're already coins that're construed for simplicity (simple (online) interface/wallet, etc...) and they also failed. Why shouldn't now this coin fail? Even if the promotion is good, the coin won't be as big as bitcoin. Why should the people just now buy your coin? Only because it's simple? Remember, there are so many other coins with the exact similiar key point. The people go to bitcoin and not to other coins. Or would you buy a cell phone from a established brand, which you know, or a new brand, which you don't know? Only because the GUI is simpler? I think you'd stay at the established one. Remember the sentence: Never change a running system! The people stay at bitcoins and the people, who come to this market, go to most established coin. And this is - surprise - bitcoin!

but anyway ,honest and hardworking team should be respected.

zaph3t

Activity: 294

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 02:05:16 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 03:03:45 AM by zaph3t

Sent a PM please check. Thanks!

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:03:19 PM

Join this with Spreadcoin. We are working towards Coinbase type accounts for the same reason you are (easier user interactions with crypto without compromising on decentralised approach by having a central solution to web wallets and exchanges).

Details, here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1403629.msg14244341#msg14244341
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: