Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:31:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There will be no massive correction once we approach/pass the ATH again.  (Read 971 times)
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:18:43 PM

There will be no massive correction again. Due psychological pressure, im sure that we will see a big sell off at around 1K area, because on people's minds it's a round number + the last ATH, this triggers fear. Similarly, the people that sell and the people that aren't in yet, will not wait for an ideal $300/BTC price correction again. The correction will be way smaller than a lot of people think. What im seeing is we are not going to see a big "M" shaped all time graphic. We'll correct from 1K+ish, then keep growing to an higher price that no one can really predict yet. Anything is possible once the 1.2K ATH psychological pressure is broken twice. People will know that Bitcoin can recover from anything. The sky will literally be the limit. The fact we'll break the ATH or get near it + the big advancements in the technology will deliver great things in the future.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:49:06 PM

Let's not get carried away, ok?

We're talking about Bitcoin here. After the last ATH, Bitcoin has behaved in ways that are totally new, let's not forget the almost 2-year long bear market since late 2013. We will re-visit 200 again, I'm sure. Bitcoin has plenty of surprises up its sleeve, bad and good, for a long time to come.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:37:05 PM

We're talking about Bitcoin here. After the last ATH, Bitcoin has behaved in ways that are totally new, let's not forget the almost 2-year long bear market since late 2013. We will re-visit 200 again, I'm sure. Bitcoin has plenty of surprises up its sleeve, bad and good, for a long time to come.
Okay, keep waiting for thats 200 price again. Who cares if you buy at 200 or 400 anyway if you are going to hold for 10 years? It's a waste of time. I'll take that speculating is fun but it just doesn't make sense. If you aren't on Bitcoin for the long run you will get eventually burned and cry in regret.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:40:35 PM

At this point.... I wouldn't bet on us touching $200 ever again.
AZwarel

Activity: 401
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:05:12 AM

My thoughts exactly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg12877233#msg12877233

Quote from: AZwarel on Today at 03:38:10 AM

Thought experiment: suppose we hit ATH again in the coming week(s?). Imagine the mass media hysteria, the increase in awareness through out the population who "heard about it" through friends etc.
This and the fact the ecosystem is in a much better shape (lots of options for on/off ramps, multiple choices of easily usable smart phone wallets for Joe, a lot more acceptance in commerce etc.)
could feed the demand side (and the FOMO) even much further above ATH prices ever.

Wild speculation? Interested in feedback!

Quote from: DieJohnny on Today at 03:40:58 AM
bubbles are self fulfilling. the more excitement the more momentum, the more momentum the higher the price and the more excitement.

if we only could see two months ahead, we all might wet ourselves
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:07:17 PM

I agree not to get carried away, remember miners still have coins to dump.
Right now, no miners are dumping because of the runaway price action.

On the other hand, I doubt we will revisit 200 due to the block halving
and other things.   

There will always be bubbles and massive corrections, that's just how markets work. 

vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:56:52 PM

There will be no massive correction again. Due psychological pressure, im sure that we will see a big sell off at around 1K area, because on people's minds it's a round number + the last ATH, this triggers fear. Similarly, the people that sell and the people that aren't in yet, will not wait for an ideal $300/BTC price correction again. The correction will be way smaller than a lot of people think. What im seeing is we are not going to see a big "M" shaped all time graphic. We'll correct from 1K+ish, then keep growing to an higher price that no one can really predict yet. Anything is possible once the 1.2K ATH psychological pressure is broken twice. People will know that Bitcoin can recover from anything. The sky will literally be the limit. The fact we'll break the ATH or get near it + the big advancements in the technology will deliver great things in the future.

Please explain the big advancements that have been put into place over the last two years or will soon be put into place.  Please make sure to distinguish between advancements in blockchain technology and bitcoin in and of itself.  Because I'm really not seeing it.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:27:37 PM

Please explain the big advancements that have been put into place over the last two years or will soon be put into place.  Please make sure to distinguish between advancements in blockchain technology and bitcoin in and of itself.  Because I'm really not seeing it.
Advancements in "blockchain technology" is advancements in Bitcoin, because whatever advancements that happen within the blockchain technology will get adopted by Bitcoin, and no one that isn't a delusional bankster believes that their blockchain will be relevant. Anything that isn't the Bitcoin blockchain doesn't matter. Sidechains get closer every year. Multisig BIP are also pretty new. Just look at all the nice BIPs to see advances. But the big giant will be sidechains.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: