Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paper wallet information?  (Read 670 times)
GrahamCrackers (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Find the inner peace of your core

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 07:40:03 PM

I have an account with a wallet. However someone answered my post saying they will send first if I create a paper wallet. I wanted to cash out for western union.

Am I missing something here? Whatever happened to transferring from one wallet to another?

Lead Generation/VCC's/Content Creation/Jack of All Trades

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:42:11 PM

Wallet is a wallet. Usually the sender doesn't care what kind of wallet the receiver has.

You can give him your bitcoin address. He can't know if its a paper wallet or online...
GrahamCrackers (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 07:53:36 PM

They want ne to deposit my money in blockchain and then create a paper wallet then they'll send. I already have a wallet with bitgo

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 08:00:10 PM

They want ne to deposit my money in blockchain and then create a paper wallet then they'll send. I already have a wallet with bitgo

Dont do it. Its a common scam tactic. As a paper wallet often has not only the address but also the private key on it. This allows the other party to first send the coins to you, receive the payment (e.g. via WU) and afterwards spend your coins with the private key you leaked by mistake. I have never seen any legit trader requesting a paperwallet to send to. Which wallet you use is your business alone, it makes no difference for the sender, they just need the address and the address only.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
GrahamCrackers (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 08:30:27 PM

I thought so. I just wanted to cash out my coins for some cash to buy more coin.

They threw me off by offering to send first and then all of a sudden. They wanted escrow but wanted me to open up a blockchain account and the paper wallet.

I haven't done anything as of yet. I'll just sell 70 dollars of my coin until I can build a rapport around here.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:59:12 PM

I have an account with a wallet. However someone answered my post saying they will send first if I create a paper wallet. I wanted to cash out for western union.

Am I missing something here? Whatever happened to transferring from one wallet to another?

It seems like an odd request. You could send a paper wallet with an encrypted private key, and send the password once you have the cash.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:24:22 PM

It seems like an odd request. You could send a paper wallet with an encrypted private key, and send the password once you have the cash.

Request is just a simple scam attempt like Shorena explained above. The OP can send like you have explained, with encrypted private key and he would be just fine, but the scammers have counted that he won't do it that way and that he will actually send them their private key in plain text. Scammers wanted to use OP's inexperience.

OP, it's great that you have checked here first and asked for an opinion. Just stay away!
GrahamCrackers (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 11:49:54 PM

Something made me feel like I needed to get a better sense.
I'm just going to get a thread offering my coins. I want to start small and work myself up to doing bigger deals.

omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:53:02 PM

Something made me feel like I needed to get a better sense.
I'm just going to get a thread offering my coins. I want to start small and work myself up to doing bigger deals.

You can also Keep your coins and hope that the Price will go up...like an Investment.

I just wanted to cash out my coins for some cash to buy more coin.

Why do you want to cash out, when ure gonna buy more coins with the same Money?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 12:54:25 AM

Why dick around with private sales of any type? If you're somewhere first world ish there should be no shortage of reputable operations where you can sell your coins without having to expose yourself to risk.
GrahamCrackers (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 01:41:42 AM

I'm brokering for some locals. They said start small and do the best rate. I just started my first deal. Wiah me luck!

CoinHopper

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Two heads are better than one.

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:55:26 AM

Id keep it as your bitcoin wallet, because he might be trying to make your whole wallet physical, so If he sends you BTC to your wallet, it will just bounce back to him.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: