Question: Which Hardware is better?
GPUs - 2 (6.9%)
CPUs - 5 (17.2%)
FPGAs - 6 (20.7%)
ASICs - 16 (55.2%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Rig question  (Read 1278 times)
Reall Blue (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 02:00:30 PM

So been researching and thinking of spending $1,000 on few bitcoin mining rigs. But cannot decide on what type of rig to get... I only know of FPSA and ACSI or Using GPU/CPU mining...

So wanted to know what people thought was the best since I'm not sure after research abit.

~Reall blue
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 02:40:06 PM

Who the hell voted fpga?

No need for a survey, ASIC is best.

(yeah well, ASICs still have to be released, i know)

Reall Blue (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 06:08:40 PM

Ahhh okay, i know that ACSI hardware i've seen are like really fast (saw some from Butterflylab) they look amazing Mhash/$ rates. But with decrease in BTC/block, going down from 50/block to 25/block, the impact is slightly smaller. I'm just waiting for 30GHash/s mini-rig from Butterflylab to release then I'll order (don't like pre-ordering).

~Reall Blue
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 10:18:16 PM

Who the hell voted fpga?

No need for a survey, ASIC is best.

(yeah well, ASICs still have to be released, i know)

Some people feel FPGA is better because it exist right now. While that has some merit, my feeling is that if someone offered to trade me an FPGA for a low preorder ASIC, I would make the trade (assuming trustability etc).
Reall Blue (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 07:49:42 PM

Ahhh okay its only the availability so far which is the main problem? since from what i've read people will swap to the ACSI's as soon as they come out. I'm afraid if I buy an expensive one it could be a scam or something so I'll wait till its released and look for the legit sellers :/ I've got my eye out on ButterflyLab atm that 30GHash/s *drools*  Tongue

~Reall blue
Nikolaj06

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:03:44 PM

Lol at people voting for CPU's..

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MinorMiner

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:32:13 PM

Lol at people voting for CPU's..

Some people like a laugh Smiley

All contributions gratefully received 1G6Wia22Jnpz2DUisA5EoAC6KJ7MHm6QyP
Reall Blue (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 09:56:35 AM

I was thinking what would happen to the market if I make a pool with 50THash/s ? Lol

~Reall Blue
panda1

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 10:20:25 AM

If I counted my fingers currently, you would own 2/3 of the global hash rate (with current global hash rate being ~24.3 TH/s.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 10:21:44 AM

where would you independently get 50Thash? you are multimillionaire?
there are several ASIC manufacturers, no one person will get that much at once

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Reall Blue (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 11:31:41 AM

where would you independently get 50Thash? you are multimillionaire?
there are several ASIC manufacturers, no one person will get that much at once

Just wondering  Wink  I know few people who would "donate" a lot to such a large goal. Really even if i controlled at least 5% I'd be happy with that.. 

Atm i guess I'm probably unskilled/not educated enough to create such a system but maybe I could make it after I do few courses in electronics and such. Moving to China in few days so i'm thinking I'll gain technological contacts so I'll see what i can do from there Smiley

ps. Just realizing that BFL is going to be selling "BitForce Mini Rig 'SC'  1,500 GH/s" so 2 of those could do for now Smiley

~Reall blue
zxyzxy

Activity: 133

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 01:06:29 PM

I was thinking what would happen to the market if I make a pool with 50THash/s ? Lol

~Reall Blue
i guess. they could kick you out of the system, hah. if the ASICs are released, there should be a kick of min, 150TH/s to the network over short period of time.
Reall Blue (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 05:55:32 PM

~Reall Blue
i guess. they could kick you out of the system, hah. if the ASICs are released, there should be a kick of min, 150TH/s to the network over short period of time.

exactly what i was thinking but then who controls the system, and can say "your banished from the system"? It was said whoever has the most "hashing power" could control the system Smiley

~Reall blue
zxyzxy

Activity: 133

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 07:28:27 PM

people behind the system can controll/adjust the network, there was just never a "serious reason" for "drastic measures"
Reall Blue (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 03:09:30 AM

people behind the system can controll/adjust the network, there was just never a "serious reason" for "drastic measures"

well maybe i should give them one?  Tongue  but I don't think its like that its more like its owned by the users :/

~Reall blue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: