Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:20:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple Bip32 accounts/wallets in the GUI or comamnd line  (Read 466 times)
torusJKL (OP)

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:18:28 AM

I'm bought a Ledger Wallet and like the idea to have multiple accounts from the master node.
I'm also a long time Electrum user and would prefer to continue to work with this wallet.

From what I understand Electrum only uses the first/default account in the tree. (e.g. m/0/c/i)
Is there a way to retrieve keys of additional accounts? (e.g. /m/a/c/i)

Of course usable and grouped in the GUI would be best but it would also help if I could use them through the command line.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:05:45 PM

Only one account is supported. Initially they planned to support multiple accounts but dropped the idea because it was deemed too complicated for most users. After seeing the sort of questions that get asked on this forum I agree with them.
torusJKL (OP)

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:28:45 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 04:39:05 PM by torusJKL

I think with time this will be an often used feature.

I could for example have my private and a club account using the same seed.
This would let me to give the club the xpub key for the club account so they could see the transactions without being able to see my private account.

Why not have it disabled by default and let people enable it if they want to use the added complexity?

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
japerry

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 06:23:41 AM

I think with time this will be an often used feature.

I could for example have my private and a club account using the same seed.
This would let me to give the club the xpub key for the club account so they could see the transactions without being able to see my private account.

Why not have it disabled by default and let people enable it if they want to use the added complexity?

+1 I would like to see this level of functionality also.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: