Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:15:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arbitrage Opportunity  (Read 1127 times)
ImpOfThePerverse (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:05:28 PM

This is my first post to the forum Cheesy
I think i found an opportunity tell me if i calculate sth wrong or any proposal to  do it better
this it works for europe and sepa banks  and i am using okpay as payment proccesor
 Btce and Coinbase exchangers
 Okpay have sepa deposit 1% and 1€ from my country to deposit via ebanking to sepa
 Then i send them to btce with okpay with fees 2% after  send btc to coinbase to trade them for euros then withdraw to okpay with fees 1%
 by the time i writing theese the two exchangers they have difference in price 19€

I am hearing your opinions!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2319
Merit: 1288

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:13:57 PM

Would be interesting to hear how long OkPay deposits take, so users like me get an idea about that. Smiley

Problem with arbitrage is often that the transfer of Fiat money takes ages, so you often can only do it once in a timely manner. If Fiat transfers would work as quickly as bitcoin ones, it would work way better. But then again, arb opportunities would be way more exploited, and thus prices would be closer across exchanges.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
ImpOfThePerverse (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:29:46 PM

You are right but  i think if you make a sevaral deposit in a raw once per day wuth your own money  after the 3-4 working days you can do one arb  at a day or two or sth like this
I am not sure if you understand what i said
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 04:24:54 PM

These arbitrage opportunites between exchanges are not actually that infrequent.
They happen even more during the periods of high volatility, like the last few days.

What you need to consider is:
- trading fees to pay on both exchanges
- you may need to withdraw usd from one exchange, wait until the funds arrive at your bank account and then send them to another exchange (which your bank is going to charge you for). You may reduce or eliminate these costs if you have enough capital available
- look at the volume available at these prices - is it enough to cover the costs ?

You are likely to find more of these arbitrage opportunities if you look at exchanges trading bitcoins in different currencies, but then you will also add the forex risk and costs.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:17:06 PM

This is my first post to the forum Cheesy
I think i found an opportunity tell me if i calculate sth wrong or any proposal to  do it better
this it works for europe and sepa banks  and i am using okpay as payment proccesor
 Btce and Coinbase exchangers
 Okpay have sepa deposit 1% and 1€ from my country to deposit via ebanking to sepa
 Then i send them to btce with okpay with fees 2% after  send btc to coinbase to trade them for euros then withdraw to okpay with fees 1%
 by the time i writing theese the two exchangers they have difference in price 19€

I am hearing your opinions!

For this to actually be a sure arbitrage thing, you need to have euros in both exchanges that you are using or if you are using more exchanges then in all of them and you need to have bitcoins ready in both exchanges.

Then, when the opportunity shows itself like this one of 19 euro difference, you execute trades. If you are not doing it this way than you are speculating that the price won't go up or down until your money doesn't move from exchange to exchange and this is not a sure thing.

Of course, having Fiat and bitcoins in both exchanges raises your risk exposure if the exchange goes bust or gets hacked, etc.
yurinov

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:27:27 AM

this sound good but price volatility may hurt this strategy? if okdeposit take few days (which most likely the case) then this may be a bad option.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:38:01 AM

this sound good but price volatility may hurt this strategy? if okdeposit take few days (which most likely the case) then this may be a bad option.

usually you should do a chain of transaction even ahead of time, where you send much early because you now it take soem time,

then before even those arrive you send other, with 1 day tiem frame or so you need to calculate this, this can be done easily with a bot

bitmarket.net

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 10:13:56 AM

The only way to do real arbitrage is to have both bitcoins and dollars (or other fiat currency) ready and waiting at both exchanges.
If you sell the bitcoin first, transfer the dollar out to your bank account and then send them to another exchange, not only you are going to incurr fees, but it may take you up to a couple of days and during this time you will be exposed to the bitcoin price moving either direction.

It is easier to do the arbitrage if at least one of the exchanges where you trade allows margin trading - then your capital requirements are lower.

ImpOfThePerverse (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:26:32 PM

What is the point having fiat in both markets if the price of ome exchenger is always highter than the other?  In some time i have to withdraw the money from the market with the higher price and send them back to to market woth the lower price
Maybe i dont umderstand something
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:21:44 AM

What is the point having fiat in both markets if the price of ome exchenger is always highter than the other?  In some time i have to withdraw the money from the market with the higher price and send them back to to market woth the lower price

it does not make sense, in fact... you need bitcoin where you want to sell and fiat where you want to buy, with the selling money  stronger than the buying money
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:48:56 AM

Arbitrage is for rich guys. You can do it of course but if you don't have enough funds it will be only a problem of moving your funds faster.
You may get some $ profit while doing it but if you very few money to invest don't do it.

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
.COOK.
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
Mieehayii

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:37:51 AM

the price raising too fast to arb

you just buy buy buy at now, then you will make profits next time

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:54:52 AM

Arbitrage is for rich guys. You can do it of course but if you don't have enough funds it will be only a problem of moving your funds faster.
You may get some $ profit while doing it but if you very few money to invest don't do it.

It is not just for rich guys, however you make a solid point regarding the speed. When transferring your coins, you have the waiting time can be a killer.

Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes the price is adapted and vice versa.

Good luck with your venture though, it can be quite lucrative.

Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:59:56 AM

It is not just for rich guys, however you make a solid point regarding the speed. When transferring your coins, you have the waiting time can be a killer.

Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes the price is adapted and vice versa.

Good luck with your venture though, it can be quite lucrative.

Yes, the moving is the matter. If you are not able to move your coins as quickly as possible then there's no point in doing that.

████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
.COOK.
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
bitmarket.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 05:12:30 PM

it does not make sense, in fact... you need bitcoin where you want to sell and fiat where you want to buy, with the selling money  stronger than the buying money

True, if the price at first exchange was always higher than on the other one, but who says it will always be like that ?
The more people are watching it, the more it is going to fluctuate.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: