Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:54:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone on Reddit took this picture  (Read 3100 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 08:10:55 PM

Really cool. I guess what brings these medias to write about it is the acceptance of the blockchain tech by a number of big banks. So financial newspapers think that this is the future when banks jump on the bandwagen. In the end result banks think it gains importance because newspapers write about it and so on.

Looks good. Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:35:14 PM

More details of the article:

http://www.futuresmag.com/2015/10/19/many-facets-bitcoin?page=1
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:41:54 PM

It definitely is nice to see such valuable quality exposure. Now on the (sort of) bad side of it, they mostly praise blockchain, and try to separate it as a topic from bitcoin.
In any way, bitcoin is getting a nice boost in popularity, but it would profit even more if the could just keep bitcoin itself as primary topic.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:22:17 PM

I am skeptical about how they promote blockchain. But still this is going great.
In couple of years bitcoin will be known even more I believe.

Don't be skeptical. The promotion of the blockchain is a promotion of the technology not "Bitcoin's blockchain" specifically. The technology has A LOT of really practical and good business uses, that will help business and consumers...enable more trust and honesty.

Let's hope that Bitcoin the currency or asset doesn't get eclipsed or lost in the shadow of the popularity of its technology.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:25:34 PM

All I can say is world watch out, here we freaking come!! Cheesy
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 12:30:51 AM

Good pic. Let's hope many people entering the shop realized that and got interested in Bitcoin too  Grin

yurinov

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:36:52 AM

wow, i never see so many texts about bitcoin in one picture!
yet, i do not see text about btc in general lol...this is good!
Andrelvogue

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:01:26 AM

Oh cool nice to see some article of bitcoin.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:07:20 AM

Today an Italian magazine which targets women aged 30-60 published a comprehensive guide to Bitcoin. Something is changing, guys.

Under construction.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 02:04:27 PM

Today an Italian magazine which targets women aged 30-60 published a comprehensive guide to Bitcoin. Something is changing, guys.

Hope that people's perception is finally changing. Black market/scammer/drugs tag on Bitcoin's reputation can't last forever.

You got link?

Was it positive article, with guidance hot to use it etc, or just dry, technical and informative?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:07:27 PM

I think this deserved it's own thread there.
When I started to look at Bitcoin back in the day, it was still some sort of nerd thing that had absolutely no recognition in the real world. Now, a person was able to take a pic with 3 magazines (not some random magazines as you can see) in a shop talking about Bitcoin on their covers. How insane is that? I think we aren't really grasping what's going on in here. I wonder what things will look like in 10 years.

Some times I also like to watch this video (although old), but really amazing how you notice it getting more and more popular and newsworthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G314jRumV_8

It's basically videos from the news about bitcoin from the earliest ones forward.
the_poet
Legendary

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:06:20 PM

Hope that people's perception is finally changing. Black market/scammer/drugs tag on Bitcoin's reputation can't last forever.

You got link?

Was it positive article, with guidance hot to use it etc, or just dry, technical and informative?

http://www.donnamoderna.com/attualita/bitcoin-come-funziona-moneta-virtuale

For a magazine that has nothing to do with technology, it gives a fair representation of the actual situation and even instructs on how to acquire BTC via ATMs on the street.

Under construction.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:14:43 PM

You got link?

For a magazine that has nothing to do with technology, it gives a fair representation of the actual situation and even instructs on how to acquire BTC via ATMs on the street.

Really cool to see such an unlikely demographic being exposed to Bitcoin. I have tried to explain my mother how Bitcoin works and I don't think she still gets it tho. It's very hard for older people to understand the concept of electronic money beyond the display on the ATM machines at banks. They can't fathom a stateless currency for some reason.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 05:16:01 PM

You got link?

Judging by the translation, it's got neutral-to-positive tone, like the author is describing a novelty etc.
Always good to see BTC being mentioned outside Financial or Technology press sections (and not mentioning SilkRoad or Mt Gox).

Thanks for sharing.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:17:46 PM

The only problem I have with Bitcoin being wide spread is that technology isn't even wide spread.  There are people out there who do not have computers.  Granted, most people growing up now will be fine with it but I don't see it becoming a HUGE adoption for another 20-30 years
the_poet
Legendary

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:17:53 PM

You got link?

Judging by the translation, it's got neutral-to-positive tone, like the author is describing a novelty etc.
Always good to see BTC being mentioned outside Financial or Technology press sections (and not mentioning SilkRoad or Mt Gox).

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, definitely a nice read.

Under construction.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 08:28:28 PM

The only problem I have with Bitcoin being wide spread is that technology isn't even wide spread.  There are people out there who do not have computers.  Granted, most people growing up now will be fine with it but I don't see it becoming a HUGE adoption for another 20-30 years

Nowadays? Oo I really don't know anyone that comes to mind in the moment that does not own a computer, notebook or smartphone. Well, it might be different in developing countries but very often they have smartphones there. They have nothing but smartphones they have... Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:42:30 PM

I remember in 2014 when most of the things you would see about Bitcoin was mostly negative. It is great to see how far Bitcoin has gone since then. It has completely changed peoples thoughts about it. Now seeing this, it really sets in that a lot more people are using Bitcoin now. With this, hopefully even more people will start using Bitcoin. Maybe in 10 years time, that whole shelf would be filled with Bitcoin headlines.
UserVVIP

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:49:02 PM

Bitcoin is the way to go if you want to make money fast.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:52:22 PM

Really cool to see indeed! Now we need to wait for bitcoin and blockchain dedicated magazines to make sure we see the magazines every week in the stores, not only at special editions.

Looks like everything is coming together nicely these past weeks!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: