Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:51:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people realise that...  (Read 1918 times)
btcxyzzz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 09:44:43 PM

...if we all hold our coins, we can raise the price to unimaginable heights, effectively fuelling mainstream massive adoption. Bitcoin is good enough, scaling problems will be solved, all we have to do is HODL!!! Who said price/market cap are  not important?! It's MOST IMPORTANT factor of adoption, the higher it gets, the more people are interested joining in and realising what is the Bitcoin revolution. No matter the mandatory price drop afterwards, people are getting in mostly because it's profitable!

Right now we have a good chance to maintain this rise if we act right, and this so far may be 4th bubble. If you ask me - it's hugely overdue.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vvv8

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:04:54 PM

in 4 the hodl

had to say it
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:31:12 PM

...if we all hold our coins, we can raise the price to unimaginable heights, effectively fuelling mainstream massive adoption. Bitcoin is good enough, scaling problems will be solved, all we have to do is HODL!!! Who said price/market cap are  not important?! It's MOST IMPORTANT factor of adoption, the higher it gets, the more people are interested joining in and realising what is the Bitcoin revolution. No matter the mandatory price drop afterwards, people are getting in mostly because it's profitable!

Right now we have a good chance to maintain this rise if we act right, and this so far may be 4th bubble. If you ask me - it's hugely overdue.

Was waiting for this board to achieve equilibrium with the BTC-E trollbox, and that day has finally come.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:39:00 PM

I wish it was this easy to make people doing the right thing, but I am afraid it's not. People will always be greedy and be taking profits along the way. Some will choose right, some will choose wrong but at the end of the day we'll still be here and Bitcoin will prevail.

I am not stressing much about will people dump or hold or whatever. If Bitcoin is meant to succeed, it will do so while the people are dumping occasionally as well.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:41:58 PM

I would call it trading rather than dumping. You need sellers to fuel the buyers. Otherwise the price will be unsustainable as soon as one person starts selling.

You would also severly lack volume and liquidity if nobody is selling.
InfiniteGrim

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:49:07 PM

I would call it trading rather than dumping. You need sellers to fuel the buyers. Otherwise the price will be unsustainable as soon as one person starts selling.

Exactly. I sold .5 BTC today. First time I've sold since Dec 2013

I'm betting were in the $200's again soon, hence I am trying some "Day Trading"
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:49:47 AM

i'm sorry for your loss mate

$200

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:12:42 AM

Dang there was that one person you warned us about....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
InfiniteGrim

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:14:33 AM

$200

Listen I have bad luck, so if it does skyrocket, all of you can thank me.

But realistically speaking every time I come on this forum and bitcoin is up a few dollars everyone is running in circles saying how its going to raise to some unrealistic amount of money, and every time it goes up a little, then falls.

I'm being far more realistic then most around here. Except I do feel that after the halving there will be little to no chance bitcoin will be near $200.

I sold 5% of my bitcoins. If it skyrockets, I'm safe
btcxyzzz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 08:00:01 AM

Was waiting for this board to achieve equilibrium with the BTC-E trollbox, and that day has finally come.

LOL you made me laugh hard. WTF, I am HODLER, I admit it. Wink And I really do enjoy praising Bitcoin, but really if you believe I'm not here for profit only, I see Bitcoin's healing potential for the fucked up world.

btcxyzzz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 08:03:22 AM

Some will choose right, some will choose wrong but at the end of the day we'll still be here and Bitcoin will prevail.

No doubt it will prevail, but we can make the process faster just by holding (and speding Bitcoin directly for purchasing). That's the spirit I'm talking about, do something for the world just by holding it.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3200

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:12:38 AM

In other words, you think the only way Bitcoin can succeed is as a huge pyramid scheme.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:25:56 AM

the little players should always hold, and don't try to gamble and lose their coins in a stupid way, let the big players trade for the market

they are the one that can drive the price up, by starting a reaction chain, like this one
yurinov

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:39:47 AM

i agree with this but every day trader do not see this way. we all want to get rich quick, when we see downfall we fall out.
also
people financial circumstance change.
but yes you are right.
btcxyzzz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 09:29:24 AM

In other words, you think the only way Bitcoin can succeed is as a huge pyramid scheme.

I don't know what is giving you impression of any pyramid scheme here. It's just market. Care to explain?

BitHappy24

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:33:58 AM

i don't like how trading/selling is called dumping. Some people like to invest in some other stuff for the time being so they sell some bitcoins and some of them will invest later in it again when they feel like the value of the bitcoin is going up again
CoinThug

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:09:23 AM

i don't like how trading/selling is called dumping. Some people like to invest in some other stuff for the time being so they sell some bitcoins and some of them will invest later in it again when they feel like the value of the bitcoin is going up again
Yeah that is smart but they are some risk. But I like how you think.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:57:15 PM

How do you want to persuade the big-time miners who have to pay utility bills, salaries and have to keep buying new gear quite often to stop dumping on the exchanges for spot price?
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:07:20 PM

...if we all hold our coins, we can raise the price to unimaginable heights, effectively fuelling mainstream massive adoption. Bitcoin is good enough, scaling problems will be solved, all we have to do is HODL!!! Who said price/market cap are  not important?! It's MOST IMPORTANT factor of adoption, the higher it gets, the more people are interested joining in and realising what is the Bitcoin revolution. No matter the mandatory price drop afterwards, people are getting in mostly because it's profitable!

It is difficult to realize that. Then if everyone don't sell where will be found the bitcoin wanted by the new users or by them who want to buy. I'm not sure about this but 90% of bitcoin in circulation are used in the Dark Web. Those kind of users need bitcoin continuously to have the everyday "feed" from this market. This can tempted to many to sell their bitcoins. But even this cannot happen the lack of bitcoin in the market can rise the price but even take away from this market most of the buyers. No one will want to buy and the market will no longer exist practically. Maybe can be even the replacement of it with another existent cryptocurrency.

At the end a dead market probably will decrease again the price to exist or to be back live. So we will be in the same point. If bitcoin would not be replaced and if it will be not a panic which can decrease the price even under the actual price.

I think that every speculation (like the proposed by OP) have not good reactions from the market. Except when is make by only one person which have in his hand everything and had made right calculations about its behavior in the given market.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:00:45 PM

$200

Listen I have bad luck, so if it does skyrocket, all of you can thank me.

But realistically speaking every time I come on this forum and bitcoin is up a few dollars everyone is running in circles saying how its going to raise to some unrealistic amount of money, and every time it goes up a little, then falls.

I'm being far more realistic then most around here. Except I do feel that after the halving there will be little to no chance bitcoin will be near $200.

I sold 5% of my bitcoins. If it skyrockets, I'm safe

All other rises were not like this.

This is the first time we have seen exponentially increasing gains since May 2014, and May 2014 was just a dead cat bounce from the 2013 bubble, so those were different times.

Just look at some may/June 2014 threads and you'll see how bullish we still were. That was clearly a denial phase if I have ever seen one.   

This time it's different though, we have been in a nearly 2 year stealth phase, and are now just starting with the next bubble. This is just the beginning, we haven't seen anything yet.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: