Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:53:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people realise that...  (Read 1918 times)
InfiniteGrim

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:24:19 PM

I would call it trading rather than dumping. You need sellers to fuel the buyers. Otherwise the price will be unsustainable as soon as one person starts selling.

You would also severly lack volume and liquidity if nobody is selling.

Exactly. I sold .5 BTC today. First time I've sold since Dec 2013

I'm betting were in the $200's again soon, hence I am trying some "Day Trading"

i'm sorry for your loss mate

$200

Listen I have bad luck, so if it does skyrocket, all of you can thank me.

But realistically speaking every time I come on this forum and bitcoin is up a few dollars everyone is running in circles saying how its going to raise to some unrealistic amount of money, and every time it goes up a little, then falls.

I'm being far more realistic then most around here. Except I do feel that after the halving there will be little to no chance bitcoin will be near $200.

I sold 5% of my bitcoins. If it skyrockets, I'm safe

All other rises were not like this.

This is the first time we have seen exponentially increasing gains since May 2014, and May 2014 was just a dead cat bounce from the 2013 bubble, so those were different times.

Just look at some may/June 2014 threads and you'll see how bullish we still were. That was clearly a denial phase if I have ever seen one.   

This time it's different though, we have been in a nearly 2 year stealth phase, and are now just starting with the next bubble. This is just the beginning, we haven't seen anything yet.

You may very well be right, but the comments I've bolded has been repeated everytime bitcoin goes up $50
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:42:26 PM

I would call it trading rather than dumping. You need sellers to fuel the buyers. Otherwise the price will be unsustainable as soon as one person starts selling.

You would also severly lack volume and liquidity if nobody is selling.

Exactly. I sold .5 BTC today. First time I've sold since Dec 2013

I'm betting were in the $200's again soon, hence I am trying some "Day Trading"

i'm sorry for your loss mate

$200

Listen I have bad luck, so if it does skyrocket, all of you can thank me.

But realistically speaking every time I come on this forum and bitcoin is up a few dollars everyone is running in circles saying how its going to raise to some unrealistic amount of money, and every time it goes up a little, then falls.

I'm being far more realistic then most around here. Except I do feel that after the halving there will be little to no chance bitcoin will be near $200.

I sold 5% of my bitcoins. If it skyrockets, I'm safe

All other rises were not like this.

This is the first time we have seen exponentially increasing gains since May 2014, and May 2014 was just a dead cat bounce from the 2013 bubble, so those were different times.

Just look at some may/June 2014 threads and you'll see how bullish we still were. That was clearly a denial phase if I have ever seen one.   

This time it's different though, we have been in a nearly 2 year stealth phase, and are now just starting with the next bubble. This is just the beginning, we haven't seen anything yet.

It seem some people will never learn the fact by playing the daytrading card you end up getting hurt badly because you will lose your position eventually, and once that happens it's the worst feeling I can think off in the world of investments. It already happened to me on Tesla, I thought "well, this is rising too fast, it gotta correct..." and guess what! it didn't correct, and I was stuck out of the game. Not gonna fall for that with Bitcoin, I will hold and whatever happens happens.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:48:04 PM

Would not be possible.

Too many transactions.. But the idea of this is ofc good Tongue

anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:51:40 PM

i can not just hold and besides im neew i need to see the satoshjis of it
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:36:16 PM

In other words, you think the only way Bitcoin can succeed is as a huge pyramid scheme.

I don't know what is giving you impression of any pyramid scheme here. It's just market. Care to explain?

In my view of a pyramid scheme, the value rises when people join in the hope that other people will join. If that is all Bitcoin is (hoarding in the hope that everyone else hoards), then it is nothing more than a pyramid scheme.

If someone believes that the only way to gain value from bitcoins they hold is to encourage other people to hold bitcoins, then they should realize that they are participating in a pyramid scheme, and should be ready to accept it's eventual collapse.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
MrsHash

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:53:10 PM

It is what I am doing now. Waiting. I think price will drop soon. But I also want to earn a little, so I think I'll wait a day or two, and if the price still be high, I'll sell part of my coins and then buy again but for the lower price.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:40:54 AM

If it can't handle every type of need of the people who use it, be that holding, selling, milking, shorting, losing, whatever, then it's an artificial construct and would be ready to shatter at any moment. Normal treatment and behaviour has to happen at every price level or the danger of it all turning to shit increases exponentially then it starts to sound like a classic ponzi.
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:43:18 AM

Even though that's the case, it will never happen. People out there will want instant gratification and sell or use up their bitcoin to get what they want. Asking them to keep it is impossible.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:02:23 AM

If it can't handle every type of need of the people who use it, be that holding, selling, milking, shorting, losing, whatever, then it's an artificial construct and would be ready to shatter at any moment. Normal treatment and behaviour has to happen at every price level or the danger of it all turning to shit increases exponentially then it starts to sound like a classic ponzi pyramid scheme.

Bitcoin cannot be a ponzi scheme for reasons repeated hundreds of times over the last 6 years.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:05:48 AM

Bitcoin cannot be a ponzi scheme for reasons repeated hundreds of times over the last 6 years.

Hey, it's late where I am. Any questionable finance scheme starting with a p will do for me at this hour, plus it requires less typing.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:43:47 AM

Hold our BTC and we are going see the price comeback to 1000$
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:46:51 AM

#Inb4Bitcoinaddictionmakesme

I kind of understand your logic, but if the price of bitcoin goes to high and everyone is hodling, sure, lots of people will stay to invest in bitcoin.

But if someone dumps a crapload of bitcoin, the price would probably drop.
sekaiissobig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:28:17 PM

...if we all hold our coins, we can raise the price to unimaginable heights, effectively fuelling mainstream massive adoption. Bitcoin is good enough, scaling problems will be solved, all we have to do is HODL!!! Who said price/market cap are  not important?! It's MOST IMPORTANT factor of adoption, the higher it gets, the more people are interested joining in and realising what is the Bitcoin revolution. No matter the mandatory price drop afterwards, people are getting in mostly because it's profitable!

Right now we have a good chance to maintain this rise if we act right, and this so far may be 4th bubble. If you ask me - it's hugely overdue.

The nature of human being, selfish make it impossible.
The rich continue exploit the poor and the poor want to become rich.
I'm guessing the big shark are eating small shark right now in bitcoin volume.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: