Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:38:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Chain Roulette -- Multi-player, real time, no-sign up BTC Roulette  (Read 3528 times)
BlockChainRoulette (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 09:43:22 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2012, 03:32:27 AM by BlockChainRoulette

Block Chain Roulette blockchainroulette.com

Block Chain Roulette is a 1-confirmation Bitcoin roulette game. No sign-up required, just send Bitcoins to play.
Unconfirmed bet transactions are shown on the roulette board shared between all players.
For each new block that is created, a random Roulette spin is generated and any winning bet transactions that were included in that block are paid.

All roulette bets are possible: splits, rows, columns, etc. Each possible bet has a unique Bitcoin address.

MinMax
Inside0.01BTC0.50BTC
Outside0.01BTC1.00BTC

All randomly generated spin numbers can be verified to be predetermined based on the hash of the corresponding block.  The process of generating the random number is explained here: http://blockchainroulette.com/secrets

Aproximatley 24 hours after a block is generated, the secret key used to generate the random number is released and the random number can be verified on a bet details page, for example: http://blockchainroulette.com/txid/e9d373d388744585 The random number is actually re-calculated in your browser using javascript.

An API is provivded to make it easy for bots to play: http://blockchainroulette.com/api

As with other games of this nature, e-wallets may not allow you to receiving your winnings.  Test by sending 0.001BTC to any of the bet addresses.

Post your feedback and suggestions and on twitter http://twitter.com/BTCRoulette
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rubix

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 01:48:40 AM

Nice work on the site. I'll give it a shot later tonight.

So many ways for me to lose my bitcoins now Tongue
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 05:44:10 AM

hmmm ok will check later.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 02:37:40 PM

Questions, comments or feedback?

This game is the player versus the house.   Unknown to the player at the time the wager is placed is the eventual block hash and the house's secret for that block.

So that prevents the player from cheating using the benefit of where a miner has influence over the block hash (i.e., by discarding a mined block that wouldn't result in a win.)

But for the house, the secret is known and thus if the house were to not play fairly it could use the influence that mining provides to affect the outcome of each round.

When the wager amounts are small, there is no economic benefit for the house to do this as throwing away a block with 50 BTC in order to be able to avoid having to pay out a smaller amount (e.g., 10 BTC) is a losing proposition, but if the stakes were higher this could become a risk for the player.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BlockChainRoulette (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 01:57:53 AM

Questions, comments or feedback?
But for the house, the secret is known and thus if the house were to not play fairly it could use the influence that mining provides to affect the outcome of each round.

Your right, if I was operating a mining pool I guess I could throw away new block hashes that I didn't like.  Since I can't prove I don't operate a pool or a large mining operation, that's just something else for a player to consider before they decide to send their BTC.

But unless the bets are greater than the block reward,  your right it's wouldn't even be worth it to try and pull off this type of scheme.

Thanks for the comment that was a really good point.

BlockChainRoulette (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 11:44:06 PM

A few updates:

- I've posted some info on the distribution of random numbers so far http://blockchainroulette.posterous.com/random-number-distribution
- There's a few minor bugs in the Javascript UI, I'm currently working on a complete rewrite of the front-end interface.  These are display issues only and do not affect the game play.

I'm interested to hear what suggestion players might have to improve the site.   Other Bitcoin games seem to also support Litecoin.  is Litecoin actually that popular? Would anyone like to see Litecoin added?

We're also on twitter at @BTCRoulette.  Follow for more frequent news and updates.

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 02:00:27 AM

More BTC gambling, great idea, but... the en prison rule would be nice.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
BlockChainRoulette (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:58:05 PM

More BTC gambling, great idea, but... the en prison rule would be nice.

Thanks for the suggestion about en prison.
Would this happen to be your bet ? http://blockchainroulette.com/txid/52ab4263757991e7

En prison may be difficult to implement because it requires the player to make the choice after the wheel lands on 0.  It's not immediately obvious to me how this would be done with a Bitcoin transaction.

The la partage rule on the other hand would be much simpler to implement.  It's something that I will consider. This would reduce the house edge from 2.70% to 1.35%
RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 01:22:38 AM

I just wanna say great site, I hope the testing phase goes by Fast to we can get increased Max Bets  Grin

Keep up the good work
RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 05:20:49 PM

Possible Minor Interface Bug Report.

It seems when there are alot of bets over 10 on the board, the unconfirmed bets updates correctly. But the table(Picture above unconfirmed bets) sometimes shows bets that are not on the unconfirmed tables.
I just have to refresh the browser to fix it (Chrome)

The main problem i'm seeing is just bets not being included in the blockchain. I've been playing around using both satoshi client and Blockchain.info wallet and both seem to have the same general percent
of bets not included in the blockchain around 10% on each bet.

Would it be possible to code a Green Bitcoin Address to allow for instant confirmation of bets? Because the biggest problem I see is bets not being confirmed for spins you want to bet on.
BlockChainRoulette (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 08:48:34 PM

Thanks for the testing!

Possible Minor Interface Bug Report.

It seems when there are alot of bets over 10 on the board, the unconfirmed bets updates correctly. But the table(Picture above unconfirmed bets) sometimes shows bets that are not on the unconfirmed tables.
I just have to refresh the browser to fix it (Chrome)

I'm aware of this issue.  The current mish-mash of javascript has issues with a lot of bets on the table or when new blocks are created in quick succession, or other reasons.  I am current working on re-writing the javascript UI with a proper framework that will better handle the live updates from the backend.  So your right, if things don't look right, a quick reload of the browser will fix it.  The JS web interface is completely separate from the backend that does the Bitcoin stuff so if you reload it will be the most current state of the game.

The main problem i'm seeing is just bets not being included in the blockchain. I've been playing around using both satoshi client and Blockchain.info wallet and both seem to have the same general percent
of bets not included in the blockchain around 10% on each bet.

Would it be possible to code a Green Bitcoin Address to allow for instant confirmation of bets? Because the biggest problem I see is bets not being confirmed for spins you want to bet on.

This is by design.  Bets are only accepted when they are included in a block, because the spin for that block is determined by the hash of the block the transaction is included in.   So it is possible to place a bet, then have a new block created, but if your transaction is not included in that new block, your bet remains on the table until it has at least 1 confirmation.

I will look into the concept of green addresses, but this is just not an instant game like SatoshiDice or satoshiroulette.  I wanted to do something different, by making bets be "won or lost" when included in a block instead of instantly, this lets multiple people play together at the same time, placing bets on the same board like in real life.
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:35:43 PM

Saw this on Jon Matonis twitter.  The wait time is too long to gamble.  I agree that some wait is good, but it needs to be more like one or two minutes as in live roulette, instead of ten.

The communal aspect is great.  Doing this with craps would be awesome.

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:38:33 PM

I hate your stupid game.  Grin

I've wasted a few btc on it. Finally hit the number... and am just now finding out, that the pending transaction doesn't count for the roll unless it's put into the block... I hit it, and it didn't make the block (even though I included a transaction fee) and waited over 20 minutes.

That blows.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:39:47 PM

FYI, my bets were the 2,3,5,6 and the 25. Bet 26 minutes ago, then it hit 5 15 minutes ago, 11 minutes after I placed my bet.

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:49:50 PM

Woohoo I just won on black !

(3ffc952640092bd5e001e3d10c11e3ed4d19d064f2b68b200432697edada49f1)

Let it ride I guess... Oh no that's another game Wink
BlockChainRoulette (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 03:46:13 AM

Updates to the site today.  It doesn't look like much has changed, but I've cleaned up the front-end browser interface to fix a few minor graphical bugs players were experiencing. 

There have been no issues processing any bets over the last month, so the site is officially out of "beta testing" status. 

Bet limits have been increased! (Bet limits are per transaction / transaction input, so are easily avoid by sending multiple transactions).    As always, to ensure that all bets can be paid if won,  the site will return bets placed if they could not be paid should the bet win.

I've got a few bitcents to give away on Twitter.  Tweet at @BTCRoulette and I'll send them out!
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 05:29:05 PM

FYI, my bets were the 2,3,5,6 and the 25. Bet 26 minutes ago, then it hit 5 15 minutes ago, 11 minutes after I placed my bet.

Never responded to me. Why didn't I win this bet?

BlockChainRoulette (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 06:05:18 AM

Never responded to me. Why didn't I win this bet?

Hi Wtfvanity,

I'm sorry I missed your previous post, in my previous response to a similar question I provided the explanation:
Your bet is only processed when it is included in a block (1 confirmation).  It is therefore possible that you place a bet, the chips appear on the board, a new block is created which spins the ball and it lands on a number you bet on,
but if your bet transaction is not included in that block, it does not win.  I hope that makes sense. 

Here are the links to your bet transactions so you can verify the results:
http://blockchainroulette.com/txid/466b316ec038aecf
http://blockchainroulette.com/txid/7278d045e4b9c6f1

The short answer is that this is not a 0-confirmation game like SatoshiDice, bets are processed after 1 confirmation with the block that includes the transaction determining the win/lose for that bet.
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 04:03:57 PM

What you say, isn't very clear, but I understand. Just sucks when I paid a transaction fee and waited 15 minutes. You might have some pools discriminating against your bets.

IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 02:31:32 AM

Your bet is only processed when it is included in a block (1 confirmation).  It is therefore possible that you place a bet, the chips appear on the board, a new block is created which spins the ball and it lands on a number you bet on,
but if your bet transaction is not included in that block, it does not win.  I hope that makes sense. 

If a Tx is not included in the first block, is it still possible to win upon the release of the next block without sending more money, assuming the Tx is included in that one?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: