Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:48:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 bitcoin = 200k dollars  (Read 17340 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:31:13 PM

I'm sure it would never happen, $ 200k is a number that is too much for bitcoin today, it can change the world economic system, although I do not understand how bitcoin change it all
It will only change the financial system when governments are replacing it for their old (corrupt) financial system.

As long as that doesn't happen nothing will change. And I don't think it will ever happen.

So we will probably never find out what the real impact of Bitcoin on the financial system will be.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:34:20 PM

I'm sure it would never happen, $ 200k is a number that is too much for bitcoin today, it can change the world economic system, although I do not understand how bitcoin change it all

It has to happen, if Bitcoin lives for more than 20 years it has to reach around there, it will either be a lot or it will not be at all, that's what satoshi said ant it makes sense, its only 6 billion marketcap now, with a potential to absorb money from a lot of places eventually reaching a trillion dollars per marketcap, and hat's around 300k+ dollars per Bitcoin or more.

A lot of people making pessimistic long erm goal prizes are noobs that don't understand the potential.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:08:45 PM

KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:31:18 PM

Yeah, its something very high and an unrealistic price to reach even if entire population use bitcoin as their primary source for their transaction as well regular purchases.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Enjorlas

Activity: 788

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:38:45 PM

Yeah, its something very high and an unrealistic price to reach even if entire population use bitcoin as their primary source for their transaction as well regular purchases.

In economics, M0 represents physical money such as cash and coins. The amount of M0 money supply in the world is around 5 trillion USD. If this money went into Bitcoin, 1 bitcoin would be worth around $250,000. And if you consider that M1 money supply is around 30 trillion, and M2 money supply is probably around 100 trillion, the numbers can get quite crazy.
apriyoni

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 08:58:05 PM

In economics, M0 represents physical money such as cash and coins. The amount of M0 money supply in the world is around 5 trillion USD. If this money went into Bitcoin, 1 bitcoin would be worth around $250,000. And if you consider that M1 money supply is around 30 trillion, and M2 money supply is probably around 100 trillion, the numbers can get quite crazy.

The US debt is 20 trillion dollars. If that is represented by the bitcoin, the bitcoin price will be $1m each.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:55:49 PM

Much depends on what it might become. I think there's more potential in the store/ transfer of value than as an everyday currency but that's just me. That being the case there's probably more potential for a large price.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 01:21:51 AM

and that's not even including all the less liquid assets like gold, stocks, bonds and real estate.
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 02:15:33 AM

Perhaps it will be realized in a very long time hope the bitcoin as a tool of major transactions.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 05:30:24 AM

it is a very big price. I think it is impossible for a bitcoin. 200k too much. yet all remains unpredictable, anything can happen in bitcoin. because bitcoin is difficult to predict.
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 05:43:22 AM

Why not? let's say there are 20 million bitcoins in existence in the future, every bitcoin is 200k, then the total market cap is 4 trillion (4000 billion), this may seem like a lot but it's actually quite modest for a global payment network system... Smiley

200.000 dollars . Are you kidding me ? Ir is very huge amount of money of every bitcoin. If one bitcoin is be equal to 200k dollars, bitcoin will be the superior currency rather than other currency.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:23:44 AM

Why not? let's say there are 20 million bitcoins in existence in the future, every bitcoin is 200k, then the total market cap is 4 trillion (4000 billion), this may seem like a lot but it's actually quite modest for a global payment network system... Smiley

200.000 dollars . Are you kidding me ? Ir is very huge amount of money of every bitcoin. If one bitcoin is be equal to 200k dollars, bitcoin will be the superior currency rather than other currency.

this is just OP's thought. not real. not even possible for bitcoin to achieve 200,000 dollar price. if bitcoin reach only 1000$ in this halving. it will also become an big achievement for bitcoin.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:10:18 AM

this is just OP's thought. not real. not even possible for bitcoin to achieve 200,000 dollar price. if bitcoin reach only 1000$ in this halving. it will also become an big achievement for bitcoin.

Yeah its taking hard time to  reach to $500 so expecting that it will reach  to 200k seems to be the waste of time and unrealistic value to achieve for bitcoin.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 07:30:47 AM

and that's not even including all the less liquid assets like gold, stocks, bonds and real estate.

Not to forget this is a time slice view (of what year ?)
Now go and model this with historic fiat deflation rate.... 6 Mio USD in 20 years is just a normal house value.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:40:46 AM

Yeah its taking hard time to  reach to $500 so expecting that it will reach  to 200k seems to be the waste of time and unrealistic value to achieve for bitcoin.

Yes and I don't think that bitcoin can achieve that high value in future, as its something out of the reach and never possible to achieve it.
Bought

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:56:50 AM

maybe this will happen someday, by then i imagine i would be too old to be able to use the money for anything other than keeping me in my nursing home until my end of days.

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 09:54:05 AM

For all who like the scientific aproach to this question and able to extract the final result I share this paper here.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0133678

Pls feel free to discuss further on that.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 12:00:27 PM

maybe this will happen someday, by then i imagine i would be too old to be able to use the money for anything other than keeping me in my nursing home until my end of days.

Well, that's true, we will be very old when the price reaches 200k...or probably before reaching that price bitcoin is not that popular anymore...But who knows...
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 12:34:07 PM

Well, that's true, we will be very old when the price reaches 200k...or probably before reaching that price bitcoin is not that popular anymore...But who knows...
Maybe it will be true but its a long decades before we see that the price of bitcoin reach 200k each.. But for now we need is real price and actual price so that we can easily make a profit if we decide to buy more bitcoin to make more profit with bitcoins right now..
And i think if we break the price 500 before block halving i think the result will be more increase and reach 1000 value around 700-900..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 01:36:32 PM

Lol why everybody is so pessimistic here ?

So many of you say bitcoin will never go higher then 2k$ or something ? So basicly most of you say Bitcoin will fail, right ? Then why are you wasting your time here ?

To be a real global currency Bitcoin has to grow at least to high 5 digits .   For example, how you want to trade real estate with bitcoin with such a low market cap ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: