Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:14:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 bitcoin = 200k dollars  (Read 17342 times)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:28:42 PM

200k would be insane. Maybe once mining is obsolete in 100 years? who knows

No, we should hit 6 figures in the next 10 years. The marketcap is insanely small for Bitcoin right now, the power of Bitcoin is on the trillions of dollars for a marketcap, which would put the price at more than 100k dollars. This is EASILY achievable in the next 10 years as options to move money outside of the system become practically impossible besides Bitcoin.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:36:58 PM

I can't find any realistic statement about why people expecting very high price such as few thousands of dollars or even more.. I mean can we really expect bitcoin will only have rise and rise and nothing more?
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:06:15 PM

It may sound insane now. But think about what Bitcoin can be used for.And compare it tiny $7 billion market cap with the gold and silver markets, real estate, bonds, derivatives, art (paintings), old collective vintage cars and so many more.
If Bitcoin could just take a bit of each of those markets 200k is not insane anymore.

Bitcoin could become a completely new asset class.This is crypto asset/crypto property!

Only 1% of the gold above ground which is ~$7,8 trillion in Bitcoin would push it to a new ATH of over $4000/BTC!

Of course this would process will need several years or even decades and therefore won't happen over night.

Or for instance 1% of offshore stored money which isn't taxed would give each BTC a value of over $2 million!!!
Panama papers was just a tip of the iceberg!
eddyubachs

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:33:20 PM

I don't think that value is ever possible  to achieve, and if you think that it can achieve then you are wasting your time, it is unrealistic value to achieve.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:37:18 AM

Bitcoin rise was conditioned by adoption and usage, that is why price rise from nothing to 1000$, earlier. But i'm not convinced we have almost doubled number of users with twice more money invested in bitcoin wich is necessary for futher rise. But for pump we don't need nothing except whales and hype caused by block halving.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:56:35 AM

Some people believe it has the potential for growth and therefore are attracted to that market.

Yes but even with that there is no way it will reach 200k. At best maybe 2k on a period of 2 years.
For sure not anything bigger then that.

obvious, there is no way and impossible to reach 200k. if talking realistically about bitcoin price not more than $5k.

5k * 21 million is only a market cap of 105 billion, which is very low
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:09:46 PM

Even if bitcoin becomes a global currency this value is impossible to achieve, bitcoin can never be a $2m coin at any point of time.
apriyoni

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 08:17:18 AM

Even if bitcoin becomes a global currency this value is impossible to achieve, bitcoin can never be a $2m coin at any point of time.

When it becomes a global currency and is equivalent to the US national debt, its price will be at least $1million each.
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:36:36 AM

I don't think that value is ever possible  to achieve, and if you think that it can achieve then you are wasting your time, it is unrealistic value to achieve.

I even think $10,000 is the price also unrealistic. so how with 200k dollars lol. it really unrealistic.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 09:01:31 AM

Ok then please explain why it can not achieve that value!
And why the hell you see Bitcoin only as a currency? It's why more than that!!! And when you understand that and see all the other things what Bitcoin can be used and be good for, then you realize what markets these are Bitcoin could take a piece off.
Hell there will be use cases and businesses we have no clue about right now because it's too early.
Or have you thought in 1995 about youtube, Netflix, wikipedia, twitch, facebook, twitter, google? No of course not!
But there are people, developers out there who think outside the box and have lots of imagination and creativity.They are just waiting for one or the other new implementation to the protocol to make their ideas become reality.And one of those startups might be the trigger for a Bitcoin major breakthrough, just like the world wide web or email was for the internet in the 90s!
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 09:54:06 AM

I even think $10,000 is the price also unrealistic. so how with 200k dollars lol. it really unrealistic.

yeah, i never like these gigantic numbers for bitcoin price either. all of them look so unrealistic to me. you can argue about the adoption and do a lot of math to prove $10K, $20K,... but i think all of it is irrelevant until there is real mass adoption and a couple of years pass after the adoption.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
FabioDelcatto

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 11:57:09 AM

No, we should hit 6 figures in the next 10 years. The marketcap is insanely small for Bitcoin right now, the power of Bitcoin is on the trillions of dollars for a marketcap, which would put the price at more than 100k dollars. This is EASILY achievable in the next 10 years as options to move money outside of the system become practically impossible besides Bitcoin.
As you can see now you see that the value is going to be more worth indeed slowly now and that would be perfect for the most people but you dont know what will happen with the value.
And that is because there are still a lot of people that is getting more greedy so they want to make profit in a fast time.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:09:19 PM

As you can see now you see that the value is going to be more worth indeed slowly now and that would be perfect for the most people but you dont know what will happen with the value.
And that is because there are still a lot of people that is getting more greedy so they want to make profit in a fast time.
Price is moving each day so worthy, in this situation reaching $1k is already in vain, I can't even imagine this high value in future too.
Hedrilin

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:53:59 PM

It is not going to that high and the reason is because it is stable for a long time so it needs also time to reach that high value otherwise it will be no possible for you and that can be bad for you.
But you need also some patience if you want to make some profit with it and that can be bad for you.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:41:43 PM

yeah, i never like these gigantic numbers for bitcoin price either. all of them look so unrealistic to me. you can argue about the adoption and do a lot of math to prove $10K, $20K,... but i think all of it is irrelevant until there is real mass adoption and a couple of years pass after the adoption.

all the gold in the world together is worth $7,521,837,389,666 and some people claim gold is way underpriced right now.

How many people do you actually know that own gold? (not including the few milligrams of gold in electronic devices or things like wedding rings)

how many people actually use gold as a currency?

if we assume bitcoin can get at least he same market cap as gold, that would already put us at $358,183 per bitcoin.

That's not even including the fact that bitcoin is more than just a store of value alone, and can actually be used as a currency, and a very good currency as well.

t's not a big stretch to believe bitcoin can easily get into 6 digits or even 7 digits. 8 digits may be a stretch but even that is not impossible.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:51:28 PM

We could dream about this because this will of course never happen its just impossible if you ask me.
The price can rise to a high amount but this is just too much....
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:52:18 PM

Why not? let's say there are 20 million bitcoins in existence in the future, every bitcoin is 200k, then the total market cap is 4 trillion (4000 billion), this may seem like a lot but it's actually quite modest for a global payment network system... Smiley
It can be possible but we all know that it is way to soon for something like that to happen at this moment. Maybe in the future this is going to come out but definitely not now.

Adrayrd

Activity: 271

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:54:47 PM

Why not? let's say there are 20 million bitcoins in existence in the future, every bitcoin is 200k, then the total market cap is 4 trillion (4000 billion), this may seem like a lot but it's actually quite modest for a global payment network system... Smiley
That's not how it goes why would one bitcoin be 200k if he reach the top. i dont think he will ever be as
such a hight. You know money rolls so are bitcoins he will get a stable value.
Cacapzarg

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:20:21 AM

If the bitcoin double every two years, in 20 years, it will be 1000 times of present value, or $400,000.
Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:36:17 AM

If one bitcoin will be 200k each the bitcoin will stop existing because everybody is going to sell their coins of course. And
that will be defiantly the end of the bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: