Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:23:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 bitcoin = 200k dollars  (Read 17338 times)
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:48:28 PM

Why not? let's say there are 20 million bitcoins in existence in the future, every bitcoin is 200k, then the total market cap is 4 trillion (4000 billion), this may seem like a lot but it's actually quite modest for a global payment network system... Smiley
I know that the Bitcoin is not going to be 200k ever because to me it just does not seem realistic.
I really hope that I am wrong because I also want the price to be that high but I do not want to get my hopes up to much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:02:22 PM

It is a dream, there is no way bitcoin will go this high. Remember bitcoin started worth a few cents in 2009 then suddenly it's worth 200?

Makes no sense. At best we can hope for 5k in at least 3 years.

Yeah $5k is an realistic value to think of and  bitcoin can reach there in coming years but $200k is simply impossible to achieve and if someone really thinks that it can achieve that price then he is wasting his time.
$5k still in dream at the time.now we can think $1400 the last top after cross $1400 then we can think $5k.I think next 2-3 years not possible to reach $5k.some people predict that does not make any sense.

At the moment I think 5k is also very hard. The price is only 600 people here are expecting to much. If the price would go to 200k, it would mean something is wrong with bitcoin.
People will run away with it.

What makes you think if ever the price would reach $200,000 (which I don't think will ever happen) that something is wrong with Bitcoin? Also, what exactly do you mean with "people will run away with it"? That people will steal your coins?

It is the network effect of the currency. If the users number increase 10 times, the price will rise 100 times.

This is the first time I hear some one saying this. Can you at least back up your theory? Because to me this doesn't make any sense. Since 2013 when the price has reached its all time high, the price didn't shoot back up while the number of new adopters has gone up dramatically till now. According to your theory it should have happened.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:06:22 PM

It is a dream, there is no way bitcoin will go this high. Remember bitcoin started worth a few cents in 2009 then suddenly it's worth 200?

Yeah $5k is an realistic value to think of and  bitcoin can reach there in coming years but $200k is simply impossible to achieve and if someone really thinks that it can achieve that price then he is wasting his time.
$5k still in dream at the time.now we can think $1400 the last top after cross $1400 then we can think $5k.I think next 2-3 years not possible to reach $5k.some people predict that does not make any sense.

At the moment I think 5k is also very hard. The price is only 600 people here are expecting to much. If the price would go to 200k, it would mean something is wrong with bitcoin.

What makes you think if ever the price would reach $200,000 (which I don't think will ever happen) that something is wrong with Bitcoin? Also, what exactly do you mean with "people will run away with it"? That people will steal your coins?

It is the network effect of the currency. If the users number increase 10 times, the price will rise 100 times.

This is the first time I hear some one saying this. Can you at least back up your theory? Because to me this doesn't make any sense. Since 2013 when the price has reached its all time high, the price didn't shoot back up while the number of new adopters has gone up dramatically till now. According to your theory it should have happened.
Yeah there is no effect if we are increasing.. the price of bitcoin is depends in demand and supply so if you said it if users 10 times a day are buying bitcoins.. expect that the price of bitcoin will be increase gradually.. if its happen day by day.. but according to my analyze newbie about bitcoins are looking for task to earn bitcoin instead of buying it..
potatopower

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:49:11 PM

I do not think people will run away from bitcoin if it reaches $200,000. They'll be amazed how it could have done the impossible. Not even gold has reached that level in its history. I also disagree with you that there is something wrong with bitcoin if it reaches that price level, it is the contrary. But it is an impossible dream. It cannot even reach $1000 for the time being.
of course people wouldnt run away, a lot more would be investing into it because they would think that bitcoins will replace fiat soon

in my opinion i would be holding stronger than ever because that would be a really great trend up that would allow me to make money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:19:05 PM

*world.

But, after all, Bitcoin must be the future reserve of value for all people on earth.

Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:50:23 PM

I know right  Smiley You never realized that before  Wink

There is one topic which pretends the price to be 1 million.
So not bad as we are in speculating debate, but maybe possible.
Generally it's impossible for now to think and we should focused to $400
We are now at plus $600.Almost double since this post.All I can say is nothing is impossible it may take some time but bitcoin can reach four figures anytime sooner in future

bitcoin will achieve 4 digit in future but no one knows what exactly value it will hold in future and $200k seems to be impossible to achieve as of now.
it can be possible if bitcoin get more popularity and more people aware about the benefit of bitcoin then they will be attract to use bitcoin ,  and if bitcoin technology get more advance and it acceptable in everywhere then all people will be start using bitcoin than fiat and then i hope so it can be possible to $ 200k.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:01:55 PM

but according to my analyze newbie about bitcoins are looking for task to earn bitcoin instead of buying it..

Nowadays a lot people that didn't even know Bitcoin have been here purely because of the signature campaigns. They probably have been searching for ways to earn money without doing much effort, and they ended up here. These people only look for freebies and don't bring any money to the table.
b1007 (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:12:46 PM

wow I thought my thread had died but it's still very much alive  Cheesy

Currently I DO think bitcoin still has very much rise potential but I also believe that bitcoin has its technological limitations so I don't think 200k dollars is likely to happen sometime soon (unless bitcoin devs will find a way to apply HUGE technological innovations that the fiat system or other crypto currency platforms don't have and ever can't have, because I think sometime soon fiat currencies will be put on the blockchain as well and so bitcoin needs unique selling points). Truth be told, I am not up to date what's going on with bitcoin nowadays anymore, I hope there are some awesome updates down the pipeline though that will surprise me Smiley

Unfortunately I missed the huge bitcoin rise from a few cents to hundreds of dollars but I hope for all hodlers here and anthusiasts that it will rise at least to thousands within years  Wink

I like to speculate
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to: