Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:51:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Forgotten passphrase Multibit wallet holding 17btc | Best offer  (Read 2730 times)
bitspender (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:10:54 AM

Selling my multibit wallet holding 17.17BTC.

The wallet is locked and the passphrase is forever gone!
I changed the passphrase to a new one due to a suspected virus (shitcoin wallet download), and the second i copy-pasted the generated password in notepad my PC crashed.
I've tried every possible or known password recovery method, and have payed over 5BTC bounties so far for people to try and break it. I even had my SDD scanned for some clipboard data.

You'll get:

The .wallet and the .key file for the wallet
The length and composition of the password (i know the settings of my generator)

Best offer is accepted, since they are lost to me anyway. Do you feel like you can crack this unknown password? Hoping for some quantum computers soon? This is your shot!
Escrow accepted at your own costs and efforts. Escrow agreement is to release the coins once i've transfered the .wallet and .key file.

Wallet address is available on request only.

Starting bid is 0.5BTC, minimum increments of 0.1BTC
Private bidding is allowed.

Good luck bidding

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lama-hunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:13:33 AM

Selling my multibit wallet holding 17.17BTC.

The wallet is locked and the passphrase is forever gone!
I changed the passphrase to a new one due to a suspected virus (shitcoin wallet download), and the second i copy-pasted the generated password in notepad my PC crashed.
I've tried every possible or known password recovery method, and have payed over 5BTC bounties so far for people to try and break it. I even had my SDD scanned for some clipboard data.

You'll get:

The .wallet and the .key file for the wallet
The length and composition of the password (i know the settings of my generator)

Best offer is accepted, since they are lost to me anyway. Do you feel like you can crack this unknown password? Hoping for some quantum computers soon? This is your shot!
Escrow accepted at your own costs and efforts. Escrow agreement is to release the coins once i've transfered the .wallet and .key file.

Wallet address is available on request only.

Starting bid is 0.5BTC, minimum increments of 0.1BTC
Private bidding is allowed.

Good luck bidding

Iam interested. Could you please send me via PM the BTC Adress and the numbers u think the passphrase contains.
regards
HotSwap

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:18:04 AM

I could break if it's under 90 bits of entropy (I have a large network of comps ...)

Let me know how long it is, how many numbers, caps ,etc

If it's more than 90 bits of entropy you're gonna need NSA level capability!

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
Watoshi

Activity: 511

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:22:58 AM

How long is the password? I will never bid if the password length is above 15 characters.

Toqqn.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

10Mil Bounty
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:29:29 AM

Iam interested. Could you please send me via PM the BTC Adress and the numbers u think the passphrase contains.
regards

I think the idea is that you, like, pay for that info.
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:50:04 AM

The passphrase itself is relatively short.
Yet it has proven to be unbreakable until now.

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:44:45 AM

The passphrase itself is relatively short.
What do you consider as 'relatively short'?

“The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks”
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:52:18 AM

Need a Bitcoin address to verify your claims and have you tried hacking yourself ? How much time have you spent of trying to get the password ? At least tell us how many characters it is.
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:49:52 AM

Need a Bitcoin address to verify your claims and have you tried hacking yourself ? How much time have you spent of trying to get the password ? At least tell us how many characters it is.

Walletrecoveryservices.com has tried for over 3 months cracking it.
btcrecover script (https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover) is trying to crack it up to date using 4 GPU's.

The passphrase is 9 characters long. I know i've set the generator at +1, and default length is 8.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

In holiday we trust

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:53:06 AM

btcrecover script (https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover) is trying to crack it up to date using 4 GPU's.

The passphrase is 9 characters long. I know i've set the generator at +1, and default length is 8.

Alright so this is really one for the NSA to crack. 3 months and no luck any chance of the Bitcoin Addy to check the balance ?
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:01:11 AM

Alright so this is really one for the NSA to crack. 3 months and no luck any chance of the Bitcoin Addy to check the balance ?

Address send in PM. Like stated in the OP, address on request only.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

In holiday we trust

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:54:20 PM

Address send in PM. Like stated in the OP, address on request only.

The address that was sent to me did indeed have over 17 BTC but then again he could have sent me any address.
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:54:49 PM

Watching.

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
Revelation Machine

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:25:42 PM

I am interested in this.
Can you PM me the Bitcoin address that holds the 17 Bitcoins?
Is the password alphanumeric or does it contain special characters?
Nobitcoin
Legendary

In holiday we trust

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:36:26 PM

He resent me his address in the form of a Print screen and it shows his wallet in Multibit which apparently can't import watch only addresses.
freedoge.co

Activity: 909
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:04:03 PM

interesting Smiley as there is no guaranty that you will not keep the wallet and try to recover the password on your own you should consider turning this auction into contest with bounty

Anyone could try to crack the password with this tool: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover

“Offline” mode for nearly all supported wallets - use one of the extract scripts (click for more information) to extract just enough information to attempt password recovery, without giving btcrecover or whoever runs it access to any of the addresses or private keys in your Bitcoin wallet.

bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:36:23 PM

interesting Smiley as there is no guaranty that you will not keep the wallet and try to recover the password on your own you should consider turning this auction into contest with bounty

Anyone could try to crack the password with this tool: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover

“Offline” mode for nearly all supported wallets - use one of the extract scripts (click for more information) to extract just enough information to attempt password recovery, without giving btcrecover or whoever runs it access to any of the addresses or private keys in your Bitcoin wallet.

Read OP please.
freedoge.co

Activity: 909
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:53:00 PM

Read OP please.
i've read the OP, there is plenty of gpu farms and people with access to 'free' computing resources. 9 character password is crackable http://www.ntsols.com/newsletter/ezines/issue23/9-character-passwords-no-longer-secure.htm

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:31:26 PM

He resent me his address in the form of a Print screen and it shows his wallet in Multibit which apparently can't import watch only addresses.
Print screens can be faked. There is no guarantee that the OP does actually have the PW to the wallet and that he will spend the BTC once he receives payment for the wallet.

IMO the OP's best bet would be to give the wallet to someone he can trust and that has the resources to crack the PW and then have that person agree to send the OP a certain percentage of any BTC that can be recovered.
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:51:18 PM

Print screens can be faked. There is no guarantee that the OP does actually have the PW to the wallet and that he will spend the BTC once he receives payment for the wallet.

IMO the OP's best bet would be to give the wallet to someone he can trust and that has the resources to crack the PW and then have that person agree to send the OP a certain percentage of any BTC that can be recovered.

You mean like i did about 3 times now? Read the topic before posting please, it has been stated what efforts i've done so far.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: