Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:59:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Forgotten passphrase Multibit wallet holding 17btc | Best offer  (Read 2730 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:11:33 PM

He resent me his address in the form of a Print screen and it shows his wallet in Multibit which apparently can't import watch only addresses.
Print screens can be faked. There is no guarantee that the OP does actually have the PW to the wallet and that he will spend the BTC once he receives payment for the wallet.

IMO the OP's best bet would be to give the wallet to someone he can trust and that has the resources to crack the PW and then have that person agree to send the OP a certain percentage of any BTC that can be recovered.

You mean like i did about 3 times now? Read the topic before posting please, it has been stated what efforts i've done so far.

I read the topic. I am saying there is no guarantee that what is written in the topic is the truth. I am merely telling you what is most likely going to result in the best outcome for you if you are acting honestly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitspender (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:31:41 PM

Current bid via PM is 0.7BTC FYI. I'll see a day or two if anyone goes higher, else i'll sell it to that person.
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:43:22 PM

Reserved and awaiting escrow.
Thank you all.
HotSwap

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:41:56 AM

the password is under 50 bits of entropy .. i could crack this in 2-4 weeks and will split 50/50 with the OP. I will not pay for the privelege to do so however :-)

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
scriptmastr

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:38:43 AM

Thank you all.

is it already sold??
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:10:05 AM

Thank you all.
is it already sold??

It's reserved but no news from the buyer
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:49:44 PM

Thank you all.
is it already sold??

It's reserved but no news from the buyer

Confirmed to be back on sale
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:16:53 PM

brutal
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:19:05 PM

brutal

It was obvious from the start this person was just out to get the files..
Never trust new accounts with sub 200 posts here...

So back for sale, serious buyers only.
n3rvi0zz0

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:57:15 PM

we can crack together, 9 words the paraphrase will take 2 or 4 weeks

44% fee

let me know

https://bizzilion.com/?ref=n3rvi0zz0

Earn up to 1.5% daily investing in the best platform of internet
n3rvi0zz0

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:57:59 PM

Edit 9 letters

Grin Grin

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:40:56 AM

44% fee

let me know
Edit 9 letters

Grin Grin

If this is a real offer, and you are successful, please post here and let us know. This would be a shimmer of light onto the cryptocurrency community.
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:47:50 AM

44% fee

let me know
Edit 9 letters

Grin Grin

If this is a real offer, and you are successful, please post here and let us know. This would be a shimmer of light onto the cryptocurrency community.

Agreed. Like stated before, several users doing nothing but recovering passphrased went trough the trouble for several weeks/months without any result.

I will not share the wallet with anyone, because that means, if they manage to crack my passphrase, they can simply empty my wallet and vanish.

This post is an auction. Place a bid if you are so confident you'll crack it, simple as that. It will gain you more than 44% if you manage.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 05:55:44 PM

-snip-
btcrecover script (https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover) is trying to crack it up to date using 4 GPU's.

The passphrase is 9 characters long. I know i've set the generator at +1, and default length is 8.

Didnt you say its a multibit wallet? Btcrecover does not support GPU accelaration for multibit. 4 CPU cores do ~360kP/s though with 290 combinations we are talking ~ 1014 years. Even if you split the work among a million machines chances of finding the password are very low.

I dont think anyone will buy this.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:58:34 PM

4 CPU cores do ~360kP/s though with 290 combinations we are talking ~ 1014 years. Even if you split the work among a million machines chances of finding the password are very low.

Exactly my point. That's why i auction it. Read OP.

Best offer is accepted, since they are lost to me anyway. Do you feel like you can crack this unknown password? Hoping for some quantum computers soon? This is your shot!
hermesesus

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 06:21:15 PM

interesting Smiley as there is no guaranty that you will not keep the wallet and try to recover the password on your own you should consider turning this auction into contest with bounty

Anyone could try to crack the password with this tool: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover

“Offline” mode for nearly all supported wallets - use one of the extract scripts (click for more information) to extract just enough information to attempt password recovery, without giving btcrecover or whoever runs it access to any of the addresses or private keys in your Bitcoin wallet.

I think contest with bounty isn't a bad idea. Escrow a bounty, publish the partial wallet information (extracted with btcrecover extract scripts), and let people try to crack the password with btcrecover. Set a deadline (eg one month). If nobody cracks the password, sell your wallet. Since you consider these bitcoins are lost, you have nothing to lose.
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:38:30 PM

interesting Smiley as there is no guaranty that you will not keep the wallet and try to recover the password on your own you should consider turning this auction into contest with bounty

Anyone could try to crack the password with this tool: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover

“Offline” mode for nearly all supported wallets - use one of the extract scripts (click for more information) to extract just enough information to attempt password recovery, without giving btcrecover or whoever runs it access to any of the addresses or private keys in your Bitcoin wallet.

I think contest with bounty isn't a bad idea. Escrow a bounty, publish the partial wallet information (extracted with btcrecover extract scripts), and let people try to crack the password with btcrecover. Set a deadline (eg one month). If nobody cracks the password, sell your wallet. Since you consider these bitcoins are lost, you have nothing to lose.

I'm not intrested in waisting my time holding contests, sorry.
If nobody places a bid, i keep it. If anyone wants it, you can PM me.
n3rvi0zz0

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:45:12 PM

keep it then. good luck with the coins hope you get back

hermesesus

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 09:22:13 PM

I'm not intrested in waisting my time holding contests, sorry.
If nobody places a bid, i keep it. If anyone wants it, you can PM me.

Sorry, I don't have 0.5+BTC to buy a pig in a poke.
Still, I wish you good luck.
MCHouston

Activity: 882

Where am I?

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:43:32 PM

You can always rent a 30,472 core super computer for $1279/hr.

If BTC goes up to $500+ I may be interested in this auction.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: