Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:42:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's The Best Currency To Invest In?  (Read 2700 times)
Decoded (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:55:50 AM

Hey guys, I've been watching bitcoin, along with other currencies rise and fall. This has gotten me thinking. What non-bitcoin currency would you prefer to invest in, profitwise?

USD is already quite strong, and people claim that USD is going to bust. Isn't it like investing in a bank? USD just stays the same.

With the recent drop in China's economy, would it be safe to invest in Chinese Yuan? Do you guys think it'll go up?

What about Australian Dollars? It's pretty cheap now, because China's economy dropped. Australia's mining sector is pretty big.

What are your thoughts?

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:08:53 AM

Hey guys, I've been watching bitcoin, along with other currencies rise and fall. This has gotten me thinking. What non-bitcoin currency would you prefer to invest in, profitwise?

USD is already quite strong, and people claim that USD is going to bust. Isn't it like investing in a bank? USD just stays the same.

With the recent drop in China's economy, would it be safe to invest in Chinese Yuan? Do you guys think it'll go up?

What about Australian Dollars? It's pretty cheap now, because China's economy dropped. Australia's mining sector is pretty big.

What are your thoughts?

I think chinese Yuan not done yet still they have lot of internal economy issues to solve so it is quite risky to invest in Yuan. Chinese will take any kind of fast decision to make their economy growing so I think still we need to wait and watch on chinese economy. If US fed increase interest rate then USD price will surely fall from current level.

Australian Dollars has came down lot so may be we can bet on it. Yes it depends mostly on exports but still it is better choice than Yuan.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:33:58 AM

I would say that the best currencies to invest in the long run are:

1. New Zeland dollar (very stable, and they reformed its tax code to lower rates and increased transparency)
2. Singapore dollar (Sinagpore is becoming new Switzerland, has been the greatest beneficiary of the growth of Asian economies)
3. Norwegian Krone (Norway has the most stable currency in Europe)
4. Korean Won (South Korea has become a manufacturing giant. Their economy is blooming)

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:10:46 PM

If you want to buy at cheap and sale at high, yes there is such a currencies. In let say - 6 months you can expect profit. From another point of view - this is also risky - currencies go up and down, sometimes you do not even know  Wink
Qusocia

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:43:39 PM

Gold is always reliable  Wink
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:56:37 PM

What are your thoughts?

I have the same amount in us dollar and bitcoin (approx). Yuan is very immature for me to have reserve on it. I think that us dollar will remain an important currency in the world monetary scene even for to many years to come. My savings in us dollar rewarded me this year giving about 25% more money in my local currency so I have no reason to change or to not believe again on it. As for bitcoin it is another thing. Bitcoin is my love and I want to have as more as can. I cannot buy it because the fee are to high and have no free money for the moment but I will try any kind of way I will find to increase the number of those.
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:58:37 PM

If you think other crypto currencies are also currency, then I think there are two of them. That is still risky though.

The first is Ethereum, it is a currency like bitcoin, but it is also a platform. You can create smart contract on Ethereum.

The second is Monero, a cryptonote based currency. It is anonymous and untraceable.
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:17:44 PM

we are currently part of a currency war / competitive devaluation. major currencies go down, cny, eur, yen, usd... interest rates converge to 0. when usd goes up against eur it looks like usd goes up but its just usd going down slower than eur goes down.

usually gold should go up. money is printed heavily but it mainly ends up in the stock market because stocks give dividends and are rising. once stocks crash people will run into gold.

once people realize that less gold exists as supposed on papers and that they cant transfer gold in an digital way, they will finally realize that bitcoin is the new digital gold/store of value.

thats my theory ^_^
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:25:39 PM

Gold is always reliable  Wink

this, i would choose gold, if i cannot choose cryptocoin, everything else is just me, especially fiat, i'm here because i hate fiat and you want me to choose which one i should invest in, no way....
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:25:57 PM

Honestly there isn't anything worth investing at. Of course you can always gamble and think, let's put some money on RUB (Russian Rubble) and hope that it goes up.. but that's about it. It's way more exciting to be part of the Bitcoin revolution by owning Bitcoin, than owning some deprecating fiat currency in hopes it goes up by a small %.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 06:30:11 PM

Honestly there isn't anything worth investing at. Of course you can always gamble and think, let's put some money on RUB (Russian Rubble) and hope that it goes up.. but that's about it. It's way more exciting to be part of the Bitcoin revolution by owning Bitcoin, than owning some deprecating fiat currency in hopes it goes up by a small %.
I honestly think Russian Rubble would be one of the worst investments atm, their economy isn't doing too great either.

Lasergun
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1174

https://t.me/laser9un

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 09:43:14 PM

I think profitwise can be only altcoins now. When bitcoin price will fall again, they will start rising... I commenced to buy some from main ones.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:11:25 AM

Buy any good altcoin in the deep, because people will dump their coin just to convert to BTC
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:44:12 AM

Buy any good altcoin in the deep, because people will dump their coin just to convert to BTC

That could be the case for the time being. The bitcoin price is rising, the price of other coins is stable or drop slightly in fiat terms.

When bitcoin price is very high, people will find the cheap altcoins, they will buy the altcoin. During the last bubble, the litecoin price rose for $1 to $48.
marcus1986

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:38:51 PM

I think it's gold!
quad588

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:27:18 AM

Chinese Yuan when it is in a trough is by far a good investment.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:51:38 AM

What are your thoughts?
I've never heard of people investing in Fiat currencies. bitcoin seems acceptable because the price is volatile. but local currencies on the other hand seem really static, but if i had to guess id say the canadian dollar. its pretty down right now compared to the U.S dollar
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:23:03 AM

I've never heard of people investing in Fiat currencies. bitcoin seems acceptable because the price is volatile. but local currencies on the other hand seem really static, but if i had to guess id say the canadian dollar. its pretty down right now compared to the U.S dollar

If you never heard of Forex before, there is some things you need to know - there is no 'static' currency on our planet.
Currency exchange market is the place where world currencies are traded all the time. The market is occupied by traders who bet on movements of currencies relative to each other.

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:29:53 AM

I think it's gold!

Gold is good option but for now I think we need to wait for some time reason chian demand has decreased and US thinking to increase the interest rates so all these thinks will impact on gold prices for short term so if you want to buy gold then you should buy in small quantities for next few months time. But for long term gold is always an good alternative option.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:37:48 PM

That could be the case for the time being. The bitcoin price is rising, the price of other coins is stable or drop slightly in fiat terms.

When bitcoin price is very high, people will find the cheap altcoins, they will buy the altcoin. During the last bubble, the litecoin price rose for $1 to $48.

Exactly, the price of bitcoin is rising continuously and that is the good sign for the bitcoin users and I would suggest to invest in bitcoins rather than investing into any fiat currency, investing in fiat would be the bad financial decision to make and the market cap of  bitcoins is increasing so it is better to invest in bitcoins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: