Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:52:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PHP Bitcoin Development Kit | v0.0.46_pre15 | Alpha | BitcoinDevKit.com  (Read 16218 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 06:44:29 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 03:09:32 AM by Xenland

The (BDKp) Bitcoin Development Kit for PHP is designed to wrap around Bitcoin and allow developers to call normal PHP functions instead of doing tiresome RPC->connect(username,password,port,https); RPC->Query(Agument) functions instead to of generating an address like this RPCObject->getnewaddress('labelhere'). One could use this library to simply query bitcoin by doing a bitcoin_get_new_address().

Sounds counter-intuitive but this opens up a world of possibilities for instance with native PHP functions wrapped around Bitcoin we can softly display errors produced by Bitcoin and allow the PHP developer decide what to do with the php/bitcoin error data. During development and testing we attack functions at every angle to produce every error possible per function and we have collected a vast knowledge of error combinations and have designed the wrapper to output errors that a dev could use their own logic around with ease.

Some other opportunities include allowing higher-level functions such as creating a authentication system with Bitcoins(with out having to pay to a Bitcoin address to prove you own the address) a developer could have a visitor authenticated with a Bitcoin address when the authentication is approved and the library was able to verify that the visitor does own that address the developer could then take that information and integrate their own sessions for their uses with out any worries of conflicts from this library.

Another great high-level function is the ability to create receipts, add/remove/save product ids to the receipt and save the amount due for that receipt before it is accepted as paid and this is all possible with out a database or saving to text files that can be altered. For receipts it uses just Bitcoin client for saving receipt data which is all verify-able checksums to prove
data integrity and to preventing an attacker from altering the receipt data and slipping past your logic code.

Open Source Code (AGPL v3.0)
Github: https://github.com/Xenland/Bitcoin-Development-Kit

BDKp Wiki
Click here to open wiki

Current API Commands
Click here to open API List

Features
*Doesn’t rely on databases.
*Doesn’t use decimals or floating points to do financial math.
*Checksums help circumvent tampering with receipt information.
*Stores the Amount due, Time-stamp Receipt was created, Time-stamp receipt was paid and confirmed in full, checksum, and an array of product/service ids per receipt.

Instructions - 1,2,3 steps!
1]Download library and extract the files into a folder where your php code can include/access it
2]Edit the config.php file to point towards a Bitcoin client. (PLEASE USE HTTPS CONNECTIONS)
3]Integrate your PHP code to use the functions/api from this library.
Note: Make sure you tell your Bitcoin client to only accept remote connections from the server that will be querying it. If you are hosting the Bitcoin client on the same server as the php running code you can have Bitcoin client just only accept the ip address of 127.0.0.1 which is your local address. To set the accepted remote ip address please refer to this link: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Sample_Bitcoin.conf

Developer Support (Reasonable Prices)
If you need assistance from start to finish, from education on integration, to filling in the spaces that you don't know how to complete your self or don't trust your knowledge about the inter-workings of Bitcoin and need a fresh out side knowledgeable perspective I can provide reasonable prices to help with your project, company or just personal education on php and Bitcoin for a reasonable cost. Depending on your problem and how quickly it will be to fix the costs will be charged by the project unless I think I can help you within a few hours I will charge by the hour but still reasonable costs. If you need assistance contact me at skype CheaperInBitcoins or PM me on here for my email address and we will chat I am also available by phone aswell but please request that information through Personal Message thank you!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 08:15:03 AM

Updated licensing information.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 08:18:14 AM

Updated Bitcoin Donation Address, Please donation as much as you feel this software is worth, All donations will be appreciated. Thank you!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 08:34:10 AM

Updated: Added installation instructions.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 01:39:50 PM

Updated: Add API call Bitcoin Generate Receipt() More information found here: https://github.com/Xenland/Bitcoin-Financial-Web-Development-Kit--BFWDK-/wiki/API-Call-Index
This receipt is designed to save information with out a database or saving files(and worrying about permissions), it uses Bitcoin labels and checksum(s). Don't forget to generate a random key for your checksum integrity Wink
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 05:02:41 AM

Added Low-level API command: bitcoin_get_received_by_address(address, minimum_configurations)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 05:52:48 AM

* Some changes in the future will be

(Changes to Generate receipt) Instead of having a monolithic structure, perhaps serialize JSON data that is checksumed is in order that way we can store arrays according to Bitcoin address instead of just 3 strict variables of data.

Reference: https://github.com/Xenland/Bitcoin-Financial-Web-Development-Kit--BFWDK-/wiki/%28%29-Planned-Features-%28Note-to-self-developers%29
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 07:08:37 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2012, 09:44:15 AM by Xenland

Updates: Purchased a domain so others can easily access the github source code. I plan to get a simple one-page website going when possible.

------
Further Updates: Domain approved and owner-ship assigned! will release domain when appropriate.
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 08:19:47 AM

Wow! Nice man! I may have to use this instead of my barebones bitpay api.

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 10:49:17 AM

Wow! Nice man! I may have to use this instead of my barebones bitpay api.

Cheers!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 11:26:40 AM

Updates!

During testing of bitcoin_get_received_by_address() it was found that bitcoin will error upon invalid bitcoin address inputted, to save on https requests if its not set it will produce a software error, if it is set it will query bitcoin to verify if it is a valid address then continue on with the code.

BFWDK Acid test has been added
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 12:00:45 PM

Updates:

Configuration file has been created to prevent devs having to open and mess with the functions file and to prevent the hassles of over-writing a configure file during an upgrade/update.

Dependencies are now put in the sub-folder dependencies
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 02:45:47 PM

Updates:

I have changed the receipt saving system to save receipt data into json encoded string, check sumed to verify data integrity
You can save product ids as well too!

(Working on updating the API to reflect all changes as you read this...)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 03:42:59 PM

Updates: When DNS propagates you can quickly find this project by going to Bitcoin Dev Kit . com Tell your friends, contribute, test, enjoy Smiley
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 03:21:35 AM

*Planned Features Updated
I would like to provide (like satoshi dice) where a dev can track where the Bitcoins came from and the dev can decide what to do with that information them selves.

Resource Link: https://github.com/Xenland/Bitcoin-Development-Kit/wiki/%28%29-Planned-Features-%28Notes-to-contributing-developers%29
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 05:31:38 AM

I updated the links found in the Original post as when i renamed the project in github i was forced to rename all urls to reflect the change so if the links were not working before they work now.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 05:41:52 PM

I'm looking into see about getting a demonstration website up and running to host all the tutorials, examples, demo, etc if you would like to donate a VPS that can run bitcoind + php5 please let me know Smiley
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:21:01 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2012, 03:44:22 AM by Xenland

The function bdk_get_receipt_information() has been added to the library, I'll be pushing the updates very shortly, the documentation for the function is already up!
https://github.com/Xenland/Bitcoin-Development-Kit/wiki/BDK-Generate-Receipt
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:42:18 AM

The following functions have been added to the library, Updating the github page (Wiki and documentation still needs to reflect the code)
  • BDK Validate Address
  • BDK Verify Message
  • BDK List Transactions
  • BDK Get Received By Address
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:57:20 AM

Xenland, I just found this.  THANK YOU.  I hate dealing with anything to do with JSON, but have managed to plod my way through it with the bitcoin php package made in 2011... this is awesome though!  I will certainly download it and give it a try...  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: