Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:42:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cryptoparrot.com - realtime twitter bitcoin tracker  (Read 2115 times)
ca333 (OP)

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:55:49 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 01:29:10 PM by ca333

Hello community,

i launched my new site http://www.cryptoparrot.com which shows last 10 tweets containing the
word "bitcoin" in realtime. Its from the live-stream and you can check it by making a tweet and mention the word "bitcoin". You will see it in realtime on cryptoparrot.com immediately. Cryptoparrot.com is fully reactive and realtime this means you can view it on your smartphone (vertical view optimized) and on computer with same output in realtime.This is the beta version. Below is a listing of the milestones i will add to the application.

#7d, day and 1h statistics (RT, tweets) - community request from batesresearch
#tweet counter
#visual-statistics
#spam-filter (robotcoingame and others)
#add twitter authentication so user can retweet, tweet from within the cryptoparrot.com

#custom keywords to track

this webapplication is also built to show how stable and powerfull the nodeJS and the meteorJS frameworks are.
I developed cryptoparrot.com with <100 lines of code.

ca333

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3389

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 03:52:54 PM

I have to say that it very nice written codes of less than 100 lines for that... not sure if this sounds good but perhaps could you make it a bit slower in terms of showing new tweets each time as it's very fast and before I try to read the whole tweet, it's gone and also maybe you could add other bitcoin related keywords as well but in separate windows on the same page as well

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ca333 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:23:17 PM

I have to say that it very nice written codes of less than 100 lines for that... not sure if this sounds good but perhaps could you make it a bit slower in terms of showing new tweets each time as it's very fast and before I try to read the whole tweet, it's gone and also maybe you could add other bitcoin related keywords as well but in separate windows on the same page as well

Thank you for the input/feedback. I have added the play and pause buttons for this case. So you can click pause and it will stop.
The reason why it is so fast is that its in realtime. When i add a timeout then i have a problem that it will queue the other tweets. And after some time (for example 24h) the cryptoparrot.com will have a delay in the message of maybe even many minutes/hours... So i think its better when we let it in realtime. So you really also see it in realtime.

I like the idea of adding other tabs for other bitcoin related keywords.. maybe from financial and economic perspective. What do you think are keyword which make sense to add.

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
ca333 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 08:09:06 AM

update: I modified the layout and optimized the application for vertical and horizontal view on mobile devices. Currently now finishing some tests on a new fuzzy-search algorithm for bitcoin realtime tracking of also similar sentences and social network expressions.
Will update the new layout-version after the test.

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 10:11:21 AM

Hey,

Like your site and idea useful to see the rate in which #bitcoin is tweeted, would be good if you could select to show the last 20, 40 or 50 tweets and some stats on the amount #bitcoin has been tweeted over the last hour or day or so.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
ca333 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:42:07 AM

Hey,

Like your site and idea useful to see the rate in which #bitcoin is tweeted, would be good if you could select to show the last 20, 40 or 50 tweets and some stats on the amount #bitcoin has been tweeted over the last hour or day or so.

thank you for the feedback. Day statistic (RT, tweets) and day count is in work already. I will extend it to 7d, d and 1h. Your idea to archive the last x tweets sounds very good to me. I will add this to the milestones and add it very soon. thank you.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 2185

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 10:42:44 AM

There seems to be a lot of robot and MMM spam.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
ca333 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:45:51 AM

yes unfortunately its a lot of spam. I am thinking about filtering it out (already have the code finished for spam-detect). Do you think its better to remove them from the real-time tweets and instead just keep them inside the coming statistics and counter??

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 2185

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 10:47:29 AM

yes unfortunately its a lot of spam. I am thinking about filtering it out (already have the code finished for spam-detect). Do you think its better to remove them from the real-time tweets and instead just keep them inside the coming statistics and counter??
I guess, as they still mention Bitcoin (just don't have any value). Do whatever feels right man, it's your project. Tongue

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 10:49:51 AM

Yeah probably best, it is difficult sometimes to define SPAM but you seem to know what your doing, ace project

ca333 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:52:08 AM

I guess, as they still mention Bitcoin (just don't have any value). Do whatever feels right man, it's your project. Tongue

Cool Well i am trying to make it as comfortable as possible (not only for me but especially for the community). So every piece of community-feedback is worth gold for the project.

But thinking about the spam problem it may be the best to add a 3rd button next to play/pause named "noSpam". So its in the users hand..

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1480

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 12:42:33 PM

-snip-
But thinking about the spam problem it may be the best to add a 3rd button next to play/pause named "noSpam". So its in the users hand..

Id prefer that. It can be interesting to see what kind of spam is en vogue currently.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 12:47:36 PM

Good idea!

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3389

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 02:12:27 PM

Thank you for the input/feedback. I have added the play and pause buttons for this case. So you can click pause and it will stop.
The reason why it is so fast is that its in realtime. When i add a timeout then i have a problem that it will queue the other tweets. And after some time (for example 24h) the cryptoparrot.com will have a delay in the message of maybe even many minutes/hours... So i think its better when we let it in realtime. So you really also see it in realtime.

I like the idea of adding other tabs for other bitcoin related keywords.. maybe from financial and economic perspective. What do you think are keyword which make sense to add.
your very welcome ... the pause button does the trick there I guess Wink ... in terms of other tabs for other related keywords in financial and economic perspective, I think most used words on bitcoin discussion and economic section could be used but my concern is, will it slow down the site if there were 10 tabs that gathers all the 10 tweeted keywords?

And also a suggestion I would like to make is if you could make another window that shows the top tweets (most liked or shared) on each category if ever you decide to track more related keywords

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:25:58 PM

Maybe when you have the feature to see how many tweets in x days you could also add the top 10 tweets that are repeated, to see what is spammed the most.
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 10:56:27 AM

Hey,

Just had an idea. You could expand your website out of the realm of bitcoin and have users being able to type their own word to search in so they can filter down twitter to their own requirements.

You could monetize it by allowing say a feed of 25 tweets at one time and if the user pays X amount they can upgrade their feed to 100 at one time and the 7d, day statistics etc

ca333 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:41:28 AM

Hey,

Just had an idea. You could expand your website out of the realm of bitcoin and have users being able to type their own word to search in so they can filter down twitter to their own requirements.

You could monetize it by allowing say a feed of 25 tweets at one time and if the user pays X amount they can upgrade their feed to 100 at one time and the 7d, day statistics etc

Offering "premium accounts" with extended functionality is from the economic view genius and profitable. I for myself prefer to allow any user to use full functionality regardless of financial status and wealth. Advertising and partnerships (collaborations) are "better" for monetizing in my opinion. I don't like the "class society" and the "making money from anything"-ideology... Capitalism is not good because it furthers a lot of bad things. To be precise it causes more bad on this planet than good.

But i may port cryptoparrot to an separate server and name it something like "twittertracker" or "twitteranalyiser" or something like this and let user type in the keyword(s) for tracking... I also thought about my r-scan project and how it would be if i made a online application for scanning btc-keys.

As always, thank you very much for your thoughts and feedback!

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:15:43 AM

Hey,

Offering "premium accounts" with extended functionality is from the economic view genius and profitable. I for myself prefer to allow any user to use full functionality regardless of financial status and wealth. Advertising and partnerships (collaborations) are "better" for monetizing in my opinion. I don't like the "class society" and the "making money from anything"-ideology... Capitalism is not good because it furthers a lot of bad things. To be precise it causes more bad on this planet than good.

But i may port cryptoparrot to an separate server and name it something like "twittertracker" or "twitteranalyiser" or something like this and let user type in the keyword(s) for tracking... I also thought about my r-scan project and how it would be if i made a online application for scanning btc-keys.

As always, thank you very much for your thoughts and feedback!

I'd say it's an interesting project if you'd divert cryptoparrot to the lines of your 'twittertracker.' Add a few more features like a 'related tweets/mentions' and it'll be a great social analytics app for tracking brand visibility. I'm telling you, marketers are paying bucks of monthly subscriptions over that kind of thing.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:32:22 AM

Interesting project, but there are a lot of tweets every second. Would be better if we can choose wich #hashtag want to filter, to see less tweets. And will be interesting to have a ranking of tweet more retweeted today, or hashtag with more comments.
ca333 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:32:52 PM

Interesting project, but there are a lot of tweets every second. Would be better if we can choose wich #hashtag want to filter, to see less tweets. And will be interesting to have a ranking of tweet more retweeted today, or hashtag with more comments.

the good thing about cryptoparrot. Its not using the hashtag for tracking (like many other trackers). It really scans the text of each tweet and checks if "bitcoin" occurs. The reason why so many tweets appear is that cryptoparrot is realtime. Just test it: Use your twitter account to make a tweet and put the word "bitcoin" in it. When you click "Tweet" then it already is shown on cryptoparrot.com.

but the raking thing (most popular tweets based on retweets, etc.) and custom keyword is on the milestones and will be added in the future.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: