Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:08:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use Bitcoin anonymously AMA happening now.  (Read 642 times)
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 04:01:32 PM

I’m Kristov Atlas, Co-Founder of the OBPP. Ask me anything!

A few things about myself for anyone unfamiliar:

I’m a security engineer at Blockchain.info by day and privacy researcher by night.

I won’t be chatting about my work at Blockchain.info due to company policies, so if you have any BCI-specific questions please check out the AMA with Nic Cary on December 19th.

Some Bitcoin/cryptocurrency stuff I’ve done:
Co-founded the Open Bitcoin Privacy Project: http://openbitcoinprivacyproject.org
Wrote BIP 69
Wrote a book about Bitcoin privacy: http://anonymousbitcoinbook.com
Published research about BCI’s SharedCoin tool: http://coinjoinsudoku.com
Performed a privacy and code audit of Dash in 2014 (formerly known as “Darkcoin”)
Appeared on the Glenn Beck show with Jeffrey Tucker and Elizabeth Ploshay to talk about Bitcoin
Co-organized the Bitcoin Philadelphia meetup group for about a year
Gave a speech about the Silk Road and cryptographic free markets in Washington DC:
Participated in shows on the World Crypto Network YouTube channel including The Bitcoin Group and Dark News.

Some of my interests include:
Bitcoin economic theory
Application security, malware forensics, and various other infosec topics
Digital cash
Financial and online privacy
Cyberpunk art
Cypherpunk action
Cryptoanarchy
Anarcho-capitalism
Philosophy

He is doing the AMA right now:
https://forum.bitcoin.com/ama-ask-me-anything-f69/i-m-kristov-atlas-co-founder-of-the-obpp-ask-me-anything-t2012.html

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:04:09 PM

This and the upcoming AMA's really need some more attention. Feels kinda bad no one had asked him anything in (what it looks like 5 hours).

Reddit where you at?!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 04:09:18 PM

This and the upcoming AMA's really need some more attention. Feels kinda bad no one had asked him anything in (what it looks like 5 hours).

Reddit where you at?!

the AMAs got alot of traffic already, not bad.

reddit (the bitcoin part) is censored too much so that is one reason why Roger build bitcoin.com .

Bitcoininspace

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:13:29 PM

Reddit where you at?!

reddit (the bitcoin part) is censored too much so that is one reason why Roger build bitcoin.com .

Yeah I realize that, and I also know he bought the domain itself for $1mil. I just mean the reddit users that keep complaining about centralisation and theymos should move over to the other forum and start shooting the questions they've recently not gotten an answer to.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:23:51 PM

I am all for increased Bitcoin privacy. I think we need it to find the fungibility problem. Hopefully they don't take ages to make sidechains a thing and we can see confidential transactions soon. But it seems like nothing can be as anonymous as what Amir was trying to do with Darkwallet but unfortunately it seems the project has been frozen for years now for some reason.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:29:34 PM

Reddit where you at?!

Yeah I realize that, and I also know he bought the domain itself for $1mil. I just mean the reddit users that keep complaining about centralisation and theymos should move over to the other forum and start shooting the questions they've recently not gotten an answer to.

Problem is the forum is a piece of shit.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Bitcoininspace

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:30:35 PM

Reddit where you at?!

Why would you think that?

if it's the layout you don't like, I don't think this one is that much better.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:32:54 PM

Reddit where you at?!

i don't now, i like their notification system, and that thing is still in beta, i'm following it just in case, and anyway i like to have a back up...
Bitcoininspace

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:36:29 PM

i don't now, i like their notification system, and that thing is still in beta, i'm following it just in case, and anyway i like to have a back up...

I would like a notification system on this forum as well that would notify me when someone quotes my posts. Would really help to get around the forum better.
Right now it's basically just opening up threads, checking what the last post was that you read and then continue from there. It's just a lot to remember.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:36:38 PM

Reddit where you at?!

Agreed, couldn't even open a thread last time I was there. Kept redirecting me to the landing page.

Looks ugly as well, or maybe I just got too used to how this forum looks.
Bitcoininspace

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:54:44 PM

Agreed, couldn't even open a thread last time I was there. Kept redirecting me to the landing page.

Looks ugly as well, or maybe I just got too used to how this forum looks.

I don't really think it's ugly. But atleast I don't see self-moderated threads everywhere and people deleting posts where people speak their mind about bitcoin and changes regarding it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: