Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:03:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Garr's Game -- Possible gain of 7% ROI weekly! -- "Honest Ponzi"  (Read 3749 times)
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 08:36:50 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 09:46:00 AM by Garr255

Game over.

Hey all,

In rememberance of all the ponzis on this forum that claimed not to be, I've decided to go ahead and make an honest one!

Deposits:
In this game, players will deposit a minimum of 1BTC, which will "grow" at the awesome rate of 7% per week, noncompounding. 1% interest is added to your account nightly at midnight PST. The funds will simply sit, not actually growing or producing a sustainable profit. If you want to deposit more than your initial deposit, ask for a different deposit address first.

Withdrawals:
When you withdraw, the money you gain will be sourced directly from new players' depoisits. Withdrawals will be processed within one week of your request for withdrawal (they will typically be same-day).

Endgame:
The game ends when a player requests a withdrawal that cannot be fulfilled. You can help prevent this by getting other people to play! After the end of the game, a spreadsheet including the entire history of the game (excluding usernames) will be posted. If you would like me to anonymize your bitcoin address in this report, just ask and I will replace it with "ANON".

Everyone involved makes money until deposits stop coming in, so do your best to not let that happen Wink

PM me for a deposit address!

Current player count: 4

Legal disclaimer:
Code:
All "deposits" mentioned here will be treated as donations or gifts to the game.
When you want to "withdraw" you will be receiving a donation or gift to your bitcoin address.
Profitability and/or return of funds is not guaranteed. This is a high risk game.
I am not responsible for any amount of any type of monetary gain or loss while playing this game.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 08:37:52 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2012, 06:56:24 PM by Garr255

Reserved for updates:

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 11:04:50 PM

I'm in!

You should all send him AL1 UR MONEH!

SAC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 06:11:49 AM

Endgame:
The game ends when a player requests a withdrawal that cannot be fulfilled.

So who ends up with that final amount, a partial payment on the withdrawal or you?
danieldaniel

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 12:55:34 PM

Endgame:
The game ends when a player requests a withdrawal that cannot be fulfilled.

So who ends up with that final amount, a partial payment on the withdrawal or you?
Maybe he could split it up with all players.  As to minimize losses.

Jimmy Chang(y)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 01:29:57 PM

RoloTonyBrownTown is going to fucking love this.  Champ.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 07:38:19 PM

There are a few ways we could handle this. How about the one who withdraws gets the remainder of the pot?

SAC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 08:12:04 PM

There are a few ways we could handle this. How about the one who withdraws gets the remainder of the pot?

That seems like the way to do it.
danieldaniel

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 08:21:17 PM

Sounds good.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 08:24:38 PM

This isnt a ponzi its a pyramid scheme  Tongue

danieldaniel

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 08:26:20 PM

This isnt a ponzi its a pyramid scheme  Tongue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
"A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to its investors from their own money or the money paid by subsequent investors, rather than from profit earned by the individual or organization running the operation."

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 08:55:41 PM

"A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to its investors from their own money or the money paid by subsequent investors, rather than from profit earned by the individual or organization running the operation."

A hones ponzi is a contradiction.

I'm confused.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
danieldaniel

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 09:10:31 PM

A hones ponzi is a contradiction.

I'm confused.
He means that he's making it public that it's a ponzi.  Other ponzi schemes said they were actually running a business.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3219

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 09:17:12 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2012, 09:35:46 PM by odolvlobo

This is called a "pyramid scheme" and there is nothing honest about it.

There is no way that I would try to convince my friends to join just so I can take their money because they will no longer be my friends when they lose their money.

Legal disclaimer? LOL. Here is a legal disclaimer you should read:

The Illinois Criminal Code makes it a Class A misdemeanor (prison sentence of one year and $1,000 fine) for any person to knowingly sell, offer to sell, or attempt to sell the right to participate in a pyramid sales scheme.

Every state in the U.S. has a similar law, and just so you know, the law also applies to participants.

As for the definitions, a Ponzi scheme is a type of pyramid scheme. The difference is that the the investors in a Ponzi scheme don't know that it is a pyramid scheme.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 09:32:05 PM

I guess we should stop using the nickname "Ponzi" Because this is not fraudulent in any way.

This is not a pyramid or a ponzi; it is a game where you donate to me and I donate to you when you want to withdraw if there are funds remaining. Plain and simple.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3219

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 09:40:52 PM

You can call it a gift or a donation, but that won't fool anyone.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 10:58:01 PM

You can call it a gift or a donation, but that won't fool anyone.

I'm not trying to fool anyone -- I'm just using words that enable the legal existence of the game.

If you have a legitimate concern for any players or myself, let me know and if I agree the game will be ended.

Keep in mind I don't do little things like these out of greed or trying to attain money, I do it just for fun. So if this isn't fun to you, simply don't play!

danieldaniel

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 11:35:37 PM

Just withdrew.  A free 7%!

Thanks!

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 03:06:20 AM

Bumping! Let's keep this going a bit longer Tongue

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 08:40:14 AM

Bumping! Let's keep this going a bit longer Tongue
I want to deposit a bitcoin but I feel that would be like 10*ing the entire pot.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: