Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:14:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm selling some items for bitcoin. Buyers are demanding that I get banned. WTF  (Read 782 times)
kingcrimson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:07:14 PM

Is this a normal attitude about bitcoin? I thought I am very fair, offering to send first. Then they said it's 'imaginary'...how is it imaginary if I am offering real value for it? Is this the kind of thing we're all going to have to deal with? https://i.imgur.com/5i4Cu.png
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:11:20 PM

all i see is a dog on a costume
kingcrimson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:13:01 PM

fixed
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:16:42 PM

What's their problem if you want to accept something that may be worthless tomorrow?
genialherpes

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:29:23 PM

Get used to it. The stronger Bitcoin gets, the bigger the pressure.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:34:58 PM

Ignorance is everywhere...

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
SurReality89

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 06:12:28 AM

what website is it that you selling on? could have something to do with the website or something idk. IMO people want to ban you somewhere for trying to accept bitcoins then leave and find another place, or just accept cash as well... some people get sketch out be people only accepting bitcoins, maybe consider accepting cash and exchanging for bitcoins after the sale.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 07:50:43 AM

This.

Haters gonna hate. We'll be laughing ten years from now when we are all millionaires.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Anillos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 04:32:27 PM

I agree.

Ignorance > fear > stupid words.

Aquí puedes conseguir pequeños ahorros sin mucho esfuerzo: http://www.bitvisitor.com/?ref=1PWNAGEZ3fSM8QevUavdd2iZ9F5jkp1QHZ
Consigue algo más viendo vídeos o haciendo pequeñas tareas en Bitcoinget.com: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178692.msg2509190#msg2509190
¿necesitas un dibujo vectorial, un esquema, un diagrama...? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=183268.0
DTD

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 09:03:41 AM

This.

Haters gonna hate. We'll be laughing ten years from now when we are all millionaires.
I admire your optimism, but I think that's stretching it a bit(coin).

Most people aren't capable of the critical thinking required to understand why bitcoin is desirable. Hence, "HURR HURR, POKEMON CARDS, HURRRRRR DERP. DORRAH GOOD, DIGITAL CURWENCY STUPID, HURR."

Add to that the fact that even if they got the general idea of why they'd want it, they'd likely still be intimidated or confused by how to use the software and just default to their safe-to-use government issued currency out of ease of use and familiarity.

People require hand-holding for something like this, and I'm not sure most people have the patience for teaching those who are not tech-oriented.

It'll continue to grow and be used, but it'll surely be many years before the wide level of adoption we'd hope for. (And even then, we'll not all be millionaires, not by a long shot. That's just silly.) Unless, of course, there was some sort of massive campaign to raise awareness... That would be handy.

But do we have the coordination for something like that? Or the social skills for that matter, considering the stereotypical demographics involved here? Ha ha ha.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: