Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:07:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the moment for arbitrage trading  (Read 2316 times)
xiaoxiaox (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:17:46 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2017, 05:55:34 AM by xiaoxiaox

btc-e opportunity not available anymore

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:06:52 AM

btc-e is too slow with sepa transfer and wire transfer, and the other exchange is unkown to me, can be a big scam

also you need a bot for this, it will not work really good manually
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:13:35 AM

There are really large arbitrages between exchanges not just the two mentioned above.
The main issue is that it takes a damn long time for a bank transfer to get through so its hard to put money into the exchange
But your right it is the time to deposit money into one exchange buy the Bitcoin there then send the Bitcoin to the other exchange take the profit and deposit back to the bank Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:48:43 PM

the last time I tried to transfer $ into my btc-e account I waited around for a week.  I was trying to buy some LTC when it was $4, by the time they told me the transfer was unsuccessful LTC was $45.

Anyway, I think now may be a better time for trading LTC/BTC.  As btc rises LTC usually does, but with a delay.  Use that to your advantage.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:34:10 PM

the last time I tried to transfer $ into my btc-e account I waited around for a week.  I was trying to buy some LTC when it was $4, by the time they told me the transfer was unsuccessful LTC was $45.

Anyway, I think now may be a better time for trading LTC/BTC.  As btc rises LTC usually does, but with a delay.  Use that to your advantage.

That's why the price in btc-e exchange is always lower than elsewhere because it takes longer to get money in and out and it's also more expensive to do so with btc-e.

OP, this is like 5th arbitrage thread since the run started. Read through them. Arbitrage is very hard to do, it depends on many factors and it's much harder to do than it seems.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:24:46 AM

If you really want to do an arbitrage trading then yes, go to the bank and get the transfer done as fast as they can. The long process at the bank usually kills the present profit opportunity most times.
soleri

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:04:08 AM

Hi,

I am also interested in arbitrage. I already have BTC in my Bitstamp account. My question is, if I send my BTC to an exchange which and sell it for USD at a higher rate. Can I then send the USD back to the original exchange and buy more BTC at a lower rate etc.

Thank you.

Soleri
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 06:33:37 PM

I think it's better to just use a bot if you want to do arbitrage trading.

This arbitrage bot is free but under development:
https://github.com/maxme/bitcoin-arbitrage

This one is very good but is not free:
https://www.haasonline.com

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 11:53:46 PM

yes the main problem with arbitrage is moving money between exchanges. Too slow and the opportunities dissapear. Bots are needed, and even then you have to hold money in the two exchanges, which is kinda risky.

koinsuka

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Zap.org - Data Feed Oracle Marketplace

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 04:10:00 AM

what??!! but $50 is not a gap, this very much amount, really?? why any very long gap every exchanger?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Zap StoreDecentralized Marketplace for Oracles ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Token Sale October 21st ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ FacebookTwitterLinkedYouTube ■  WhitepaperReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RustyNoman

Activity: 189

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:15:54 PM

The main problem of buying in btc-e is that it takes too long time to transfer deposit in to the exchanges. Some times takes days.
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:39:26 PM

yes but how can you handle arbitrage with the long time needed for a BTC transaction?
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 03:12:56 PM

Yes, there even has been some arbitrage opportunities between the major exchanges, such as Bitfinex and Bitstamp.

If are likely to find even more arbitrage opportunities if you compare prices between one of the major exchanges and the local and regional exchanges, especially these offereing trading in currencies different than USD, for example EUR, SGD or PLN.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:00:11 PM

yes but how can you handle arbitrage with the long time needed for a BTC transaction?
This is not the problem, BTC transactions are fast, what's slow as hell is depositing the fiat in different exchanges. If you pay a reasonable fee, your money will be on the exchange in 10 minutes.
RKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:40:28 PM

This is not the problem, BTC transactions are fast, what's slow as hell is depositing the fiat in different exchanges. If you pay a reasonable fee, your money will be on the exchange in 10 minutes.

If the fee is higher than the arbitrage opportunity, then there is no point doing arbitrage. Time and fee is the most difficult part of this kind of trading strategy.
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 01:52:53 PM

There is some chaos going on with the price and all exchanges are offering different prices!
The arbitrage method here is as simple as it could be:

1. Buy BTC at http://btc-e.com

2. Sell BTC at http://thebitcoinexchange.io

The price difference at the moment is around $50!
Trading between two exchanges can be an advantage only if you can get the bank transactions done quicker (which is highly unlikely). By the time you will change your BTCs the price would be a lot different. Think about the large fee you will have to pay at the exchange to rush your transactions.

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 12:21:47 PM

There is some chaos going on with the price and all exchanges are offering different prices!

Trading between two exchanges can be an advantage only if you can get the bank transactions done quicker (which is highly unlikely). By the time you will change your BTCs the price would be a lot different. Think about the large fee you will have to pay at the exchange to rush your transactions.

The best way to do the arbitrage is to have the money (both btc and fiat, since you may not know in advance which way the arbitrage will work) ready at both markets.
Then you can execute both legs of the trade at the same time and exclude the market risk, but on the other hand you will need to commit more capital.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:41:32 AM

Does is thebitcoinexchange.io save? I am doubt sell BTC on there.  Roll Eyes
RustyNoman

Activity: 189

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:17:23 PM

The best way to do the arbitrage is to have the money (both btc and fiat, since you may not know in advance which way the arbitrage will work) ready at both markets.
Then you can execute both legs of the trade at the same time and exclude the market risk, but on the other hand you will need to commit more capital.

This means you have large amount of money in several exchanges, it might not be a good idea.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 05:20:06 PM

Does is thebitcoinexchange.io save? I am doubt sell BTC on there.  Roll Eyes
Exchanger or trading site without ssl certificates without any review could be scam. And what they offer from bitcoin to paypal, bitcoin to skrill they seem to be fishy.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: