Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:00:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] 32x Antminer S5's w/ acrylic cases  (Read 2511 times)
MarkAz (OP)

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:17:54 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 03:16:31 AM by MarkAz

I'm in the process of switching over my S5's to S7's, so the plenum miners are next on the list!  If you enjoyed my acrylic case mod thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1086882.0

Now's your chance to buy one - at least when you buy one of my S5's.  Wink  Here's my current configurations, you can see all 32 miners working away quite happily:

Each miner has the stock fan (I'll be happy to swap the stock fan with a Kaze Ultra, if you'd prefer that), one of my acrylic fan spacers, the full acrylic enclosure (both sides with BTC logo, bottom and top).

I'm selling them for $425/each including free shipping inside the US only (no international).  BTC only, escrow at buyers expense with any of the high-ranking escrow agents on the forum (OgNasty preferred).

I also have the acrylic side panels from the first revision of the plenum - if anyone is interested, shoot me an offer.  Keep in mind that these are not light, so shipping will be expensive:

you can see them in use here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1184272

there are 24 of them, they'll be sold as a lot - no point in breaking them up really, although if you were so inclined you could easily make smaller versions of the big rack.  As you can see from the pictures above, my latest version just increases the density of the miners, and moves the PSU's off to the side, so I can have 32 instead of 24.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:58:55 PM

Free bump! This is pure perfection.  Grin
You work like pro.

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 12:59:51 AM

Kind of a shame you're not shipping internationally though. I'd consider making an offer but I'm based in Canada.

hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:00:54 AM

Off topic, but curious about your fan mod on IBM PSU. Do you have a thread on this? Does the fan able to keep temp low? I am sure it lowers the noise tremendously.

Thanks.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:55:03 AM

what is the hashrate on these
MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:19:16 AM

Free bump! This is pure perfection.  Grin
You work like pro.

hehe, my hard work has paid off - thanks!  I'm looking forward to seeing how the plenum works when I load it down with S7's.  I don't know if I'll be able to achieve the same density as the S5's, so I'll probably shoot for 24 as a starting point again.

Kind of a shame you're not shipping internationally though. I'd consider making an offer but I'm based in Canada.

I wouldn't rule out Canada, but we'd have to figure out shipping then - customs just always is a pain.  I would only want to do Canada if it's a decent number of units - one or two is probably just too much hassle.  Feel free to PM if that works for you.

Off topic, but curious about your fan mod on IBM PSU. Do you have a thread on this? Does the fan able to keep temp low? I am sure it lowers the noise tremendously.

Sharp eyes, I've been working with Finksy on coming up with a solution for quieting down the 2880w - we're pretty close, so once I have something concrete to report I'll start a thread on it.  Wink

what is the hashrate on these

I run them all stock 350, so they're all right around 1.15 TH/s, give or take as expected... The vast majority of them run quite a bit cooler in normal operations than stock S5's because of the mods.  They all run the full case (obviously), but most of them also have heatsinks on all the hash chips.  In practice it was way more work than it was worth, but for anyone buying them, they don't have to suffer through doing it themselves.  They're attached with high quality thermal adhesive, so you don't need to worry about them falling off like the S7 ones.  Wink

All running they average around 40TH/s - temps are normally in the mid 60's, but that's where I try to keep them, if they get close to 75c then they automatically start downclocking to get back into the 60's.  The fans all run at 50% so there's very little load on the BB cape, since the plenum does the bulk of the work for air movement and heat isolation.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 06:47:38 AM

I wouldn't rule out Canada, but we'd have to figure out shipping then - customs just always is a pain.  I would only want to do Canada if it's a decent number of units - one or two is probably just too much hassle.  Feel free to PM if that works for you.

Is ALL of them considered a "decent number of units" Smiley? The only issue is cost. I don't think we can meet your asking price or what you have in mind. You are being very smart in the sense that you are trying to get the same $ per TH as the S7s and just turn around and roll that hashing power into S7s but the issue is that we as buyers are aware of this thing as well. There is no incentive or advantage to buy these instead of S7s short of the time saved while the S7s ship, but the btc these mine in the meantime will likely not make up for the increased price.

I kind of miss the days of cheap btc Tongue when I could've grabbed an S5 for $280 to $300

MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:06:24 AM

Is ALL of them considered a "decent number of units" Smiley? The only issue is cost. I don't think we can meet your asking price or what you have in mind. You are being very smart in the sense that you are trying to get the same $ per TH as the S7s and just turn around and roll that hashing power into S7s but the issue is that we as buyers are aware of this thing as well. There is no incentive or advantage to buy these instead of S7s short of the time saved while the S7s ship, but the btc these mine in the meantime will likely not make up for the increased price.

I kind of miss the days of cheap btc Tongue when I could've grabbed an S5 for $280 to $300

Yeah, those were the days.  Wink 

In terms of the price vs the S7, if you look at the price that you can pay to get an S7 right now, that would pin an S5 at $522 (eBay or on here the S7's are typically around $2200+), even at Bitmain, delivered a month from now they'd make an S5 $427 -  but both of those prices are without shipping, mine is available now and includes shipping, plus you get my nifty acrylic case - that alone is bound to be something that you treasure and pass down to your kids for generations to come.  Wink

I would prefer to sell multiple units at a time, and I'll discount accordingly - but if I have to sell them onesy twosy then this is the price.  Feel free to PM me any offers and on what quantity of units.  In terms of what a 'decent number of units' would be, I would say 8 or more, as that takes out two rows at a time from my Plenum - partial rows are a PIA plus I like powers of 2.  Wink
MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:50:56 AM

5 Sold, 27 left.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 11:41:44 AM

Yeah, those were the days.  Wink 

In terms of the price vs the S7, if you look at the price that you can pay to get an S7 right now, that would pin an S5 at $522 (eBay or on here the S7's are typically around $2200+), even at Bitmain, delivered a month from now they'd make an S5 $427 -  but both of those prices are without shipping, mine is available now and includes shipping, plus you get my nifty acrylic case - that alone is bound to be something that you treasure and pass down to your kids for generations to come.  Wink

I would prefer to sell multiple units at a time, and I'll discount accordingly - but if I have to sell them onesy twosy then this is the price.  Feel free to PM me any offers and on what quantity of units.  In terms of what a 'decent number of units' would be, I would say 8 or more, as that takes out two rows at a time from my Plenum - partial rows are a PIA plus I like powers of 2.  Wink

S7 batch 4 and 5 is now open so nope that should not pin the S5 at $522. An overpriced miner is still an overpriced miner regardless of where it is sold. The price per TH of an S7 is $364. If yours were a bit above 364 from bitmain to account for the "must have it now" premium then that would be nice.

Anyways, enough of my thread crapping :p Good luck with the sale!

Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:19:15 PM

Batch 5 is now closed/sold out, if that is any indication of their pricing (if this BTC price keeps up, you can count on the next batch being priced higher in $USD).  1BTC for an S5 would still ROI in a reasonable amount of time, and that is more than Mark is asking atm. Remember, Batch 5 S7's won't be arriving for minimum 1 month, and difficulty will increase considerably if this price keeps up.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:38:57 PM

3 more sold, 24 remaining.
MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:54:20 AM

6 more sold, 18 remaining.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 10:28:51 AM

I forgot to ask you, where are you located? Also maybe you'll take $350 per unit for all the remaining ones if I pick them up - this hinges on your location though.

MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:27:30 PM

I'm located in Arizona - which is wonderful this time of year.  Wink
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 09:56:48 PM

I'm located in Arizona - which is wonderful this time of year.  Wink

Ah damn, that's like 1 light year away from where I am. I am jelly of the weather though Tongue. Here it's supposed to drop down to lows of 1C soon.

AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:41:01 PM

What is your 'sure that's fine' price for all of them, racked as in the picture with PSU's etc. Aka. Plug and play stack to Arkansas?

FOR RENT.
BtcCrazy1

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 07:08:19 AM

What would you take for all 18 right now?
MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 07:54:52 AM

15 left, but someone who bought some plans to get another 5, so probably more like 10 left.
ooairewreckoo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 10:57:28 PM

received mine today.. perfect! thanks for the smooth transaction. Wish I had the BTC to pick up a few more.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: