Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:15:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collect and Trade Blockchain Secured Rare Items  (Read 844 times)
npl (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:48:21 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 01:57:34 PM by npl

A few hours left to bid on these - they are going quite cheap:

Notpriceless is a blockchain based marketplace that lets you digitally collect limited edition art prints. Every edition lives on the blockchain and is backed by physical prints.

All editions are verifiably unique – your proof of ownership is inscribed on the blockchain, which lets you easily sell, transfer or trade any edition you own.

A certificate of authenticity with a cryptographic key is included.

Every edition is redeemable for a physical print at any time. That means you can request an actual fine art print, which we’ll mail to you, by redeeming the digital edition you own.

Series 1 includes 10 artworks and is up for auction starting now. Items will be listed in the order they are revealed. Only 3 editions per artwork available.

No minimum, no reserve. You can pay with Bitcoin, Kindcoins, or 45 other currencies.

A Kindcoin project – every transaction supports a great cause.

Bid now: http://www.bid.notpriceless.com

Notpriceless: Trade on the Blockchain Secured Collectible Marketplace. Kindcoin: Support Great Causes, Get Kindcoins, Earn Awesome Rewards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:00:53 PM

I lol'd. "Why buy art when you can buy a transaction that says you bought it?"

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
npl (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

I lol'd. "Why buy art when you can buy a transaction that says you bought it?"

No, you buy a print, along with verifiable proof that you own it.
You can redeem for a physical fine art print at any time, right now it's cheaper than what a comparable print would cost you somewhere else. And you'll be one of only three people in the world to own this edition.

Notpriceless: Trade on the Blockchain Secured Collectible Marketplace. Kindcoin: Support Great Causes, Get Kindcoins, Earn Awesome Rewards.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:43:18 PM

Firstly, what's so special about these editions that make them different from other prints?
I'm also not sure what prints you're offering, but I hope that you've made sure that they are no longer protected by copyright be it by private collectors or museums otherwise you could end up in serious trouble.
npl (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:19:29 PM

Firstly, what's so special about these editions that make them different from other prints?
I'm also not sure what prints you're offering, but I hope that you've made sure that they are no longer protected by copyright be it by private collectors or museums otherwise you could end up in serious trouble.

1. what makes them unique is that they are inscribed on the blockchain, so there is a verifiably limited amount of them, and ownership can easily be transferred or sold on our platform.  This is in addition to them representing a physical, actual print which we will send you upon request. Right now the price is quite affordable too, even compared to a run-of-the-mill print. Since there are a limited amount, their price may (or may not) appreciate in the future.

2. We either have permission or are using copyright appropriate images for all our prints

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:35:44 AM

1. what makes them unique is that they are inscribed on the blockchain, so there is a verifiably limited amount of them, and ownership can easily be transferred or sold on our platform.  This is in addition to them representing a physical, actual print which we will send you upon request. Right now the price is quite affordable too, even compared to a run-of-the-mill print. Since there are a limited amount, their price may (or may not) appreciate in the future.

2. We either have permission or are using copyright appropriate images for all our prints

So it's not even an original work, you just browsed around for "royalty free" images?

You can't "inscribe" a physical object on the blockchain. There's no such thing as a "verifiably limited amount" of something in this context. What's stopping you from, e.g., selling 100 extra copies of each print and "inscribing" whatever tomfoolery into a tx?

Also, when selling art, you might want to show the actual art you're selling.  Roll Eyes

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:39:11 AM

Okay, actually clicked through to the site. LEL.

Here's a reproduction of a master's work, sold for ten cents: http://www.bid.notpriceless.com/paul-cezanne/48/

This is the shittiest idea I've ever heard of.

"No, see, the blockchain PROVES I paid ten cents for a color photocopy of a painting"

npl (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:21:14 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 01:44:42 PM by npl

- Winner receives a quality fine art print (not a color photocopy) - a giclée print on quality stock, the kind you'd be happy to display or hang. On other sites (art.com, etc.) comparable prints sell for $10 - $20, so that's quite a bargain.

- Blockchain inscribed ownership means that you can easily transfer or sell the print to someone else, who can then redeem it on our site for a physical print.

- It is verifiable - it's recorded on the blockchain so we'll know if the print originated with us, and we'll only redeem prints that do.

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:43:41 PM

- Winner receives a quality fine art print (not a color photocopy), the kind you'd be happy to display or hang. On other sites (art.com, etc.) comparable prints sell for $10 - $20, so that's quite a bargain.

- Blockchain inscribed ownership means that you can easily transfer or sell the print to someone else, who can then redeem it on our site for a physical print.

- It is verifiable - it's recorded on the blockchain so we'll know if the print originated with us, and we'll only redeem prints that do.

How are your "quality fine art prints" printed? Hint: if it's a digital print, it's a color photocopy.

Why in the fuck would someone else want to purchase a used color photocopy from me?

What specific information is recorded on the blockchain, and how in the world do you propose that someone "transfers ownership" of their color photocopy via the blockchain? Please provide specifics.

npl (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

I don't quite get your animosity. The differences between 'a color photocopy' and a good quality reproduction go beyond it being a digital print or not. Color accuracy, the type of ink used, the quality of paper etc.

There is certainly a market for art prints. We sell artwork (reproductions, prints, lithographs) and people happily pay for quality prints. This is the same, but with the added benefit of being able to store it digitally (until you want to redeem it for a physical copy) and to easily transfer it to someone else (for example as a gift).

We're going to have all kinds of artworks on the marketplace, including collaborations with emerging digital artists.

We use ascribe.io to verify ownership. Check it out, it's a pretty cool project.

npl (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:15:19 PM

Complete a series (10 numbered items) and redeem your set for treasure: a high value collectible item.

Once you collect the 10 items comprising a series you may redeem them all for a collectible item chosen specifically for that set. Redemption works just like redeeming any one edition: in exchange for your 10 items you'll receive a digital token - which you can then redeem immediately, or retain it in digital form - to trade, transfer or redeem later at any time.  

Series 1 treasure: 2007 NIUE ISLAND 1$ VAN GOGH SILVER COIN WITH 3 ZIRCONIAS

Series 2 treasure: An ORIGINAL 1972 Joan MIRÓ lithograph

The next auction for a series 1 print ends in 1 hour, bid now. http://www.bid.notpriceless.com/massacre-of-the-innocents/198/

npl (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:52:36 PM

auction ending in the next hour:

http://www.bid.notpriceless.com/malevich/56/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: