Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:15:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So many spam accounts created in October  (Read 584 times)
el kaka22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:08:47 PM

Today I have extra time to see the modlog, and see the latest member ID is at 631k! I've remembered that the number was about 560k a month ago. Then I've searched the forum stats. I found that 68832 accounts was created last month, which is the all time high as of now, while the pageviews/new topics are about the same as before. Then I've searched for some 'good' numbers, like:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=600000
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=590000
And I've searched for adjacent numbers:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=590001
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=590002
And found that they are created within seconds and with almost the same name! Mods please handle them!

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:14:43 PM

Already banned and nuked as soon as they start spamming AFAIK, they can't do anything about the number of registrations though.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 12:32:35 AM

And found that they are created within seconds and with almost the same name! Mods please handle them!
The mods are handling MrFudged very well. All new accounts by him are nuked "within ~1 minute of it's creation".
It would be nice to purge the member list, for sure, however at this point there are way too many usernames to go through it manually and too many factors for a bot to do it. It will have to stay as is.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:38:56 AM

It's not a problem for people to create these accounts. They're all banned anyway. They just use up a member ID and a tiny amount of space in the database.

Maybe I'll make it so banned users aren't shown in the memberlist, stats, etc.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:42:12 AM

The mods are handling MrFudged very well. All new accounts by him are nuked "within ~1 minute of it's creation".
It would be nice to purge the member list, for sure, however at this point there are way too many usernames to go through it manually and too many factors for a bot to do it. It will have to stay as is.

Just a thought, that would be awkward if someone registered as MrFudged_01 and was instantly permabanned. Smiley Not that the chances of that would be high, anyways.

I'm looking back and I see some accounts created back in May and their UID is in the 500Ks. I guess the period of time from then to here was pretty hectic regarding spammers creating accounts?

Maybe I'll make it so banned users aren't shown in the memberlist, stats, etc.

Honestly, I don't mind if they show up there or not. Most people don't check those anyways.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 08:43:06 PM

Just a thought, that would be awkward if someone registered as MrFudged_01 and was instantly permabanned. Smiley Not that the chances of that would be high, anyways.
-snip-

AFAIK the filter is by the post, not by username. I reported a few whenever they changed what they posted. After what felt at most a day they are banned faster than I can unwatch and report the topic.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
MbccompanyX

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:01:33 AM

-snip-

AFAIK the filter is by the post, not by username. I reported a few whenever they changed what they posted. After what felt at most a day they are banned faster than I can unwatch and report the topic.

Anyway we need to remember that now all this spam campaign ended (even if at the end i forgot to ask if the manager of the KNC class action knew of this undirect attack to the credibility of the whole action) so why still talk about that? i remember we locked the other thread where we talked about this fact and the mods activated the nuke bot against those accounts....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: