Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:40:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e no longer dealing with US banks or customers  (Read 1487 times)
CompNsci (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:41:35 PM

While they have not formally announced it, BTC-e recently stated to me that they are no longer dealing with US banks or customers.

This would explain the lower price of BTC on that exchange as USD would be relatively more scarce there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
intristin

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 12:29:49 AM

Pretty sure this happened a long time ago.

BTC : 1mGWN5sXaTrWcfDt7zwq4o6R2LiJKKFGH | DGCS : DU1U2ocTUodyHJTgBLBMfSprjquFCUraf8
Digital Credits : http://dcredits.com
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:35:11 AM

i know a few months ago they dropped the UK £..

but if they are going to drop the dollar... i see MTGox 2.0 saga occur, so time to get ur bitcoins out before your playing with fake dollars. and everyone starts crashing the fake btc-e dollar market..

remember selling bitcoins on a faked dollar market with no actual dollar support for deposits or withdrawls.. is not real trading..

stupid people thought they were getting bargain bitcoins for $100 at mtgox when the other markets were are $300-$500... little did they know that there were not enough real bitcoins to cover them fake purchases.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:38:42 AM

That's actually really bad news for BTC. Do you kno why that's the case? If it happens in the near future, I can see a negative impact on the overall price.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:42:14 AM

That's actually really bad news for BTC. Do you kno why that's the case? If it happens in the near future, I can see a negative impact on the overall price.
although volume is mid range. most of the bitcoin price averagers/estimators never really took btc-e seriously..

but lets hope the naive traders dont try dropping coinbase, bitstamp or bitfinex, based purely on BTC-E fake action.
luckily when mtgox crashed due to their dollar issues... the other exchanges stopped sheep following mtgox, and thus avoided all of the exchanges going down to $100.. it was kind of impressive that pretty much overnight peoples idea's changed and adapted toignore mtgox

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:50:21 AM

That would be bad for bitcoin world, price would plummet.
Same thing with mt gox before, price was very diffirent than other exchanges, then crash. Hope its not mt gox 2
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:55:09 AM

I think insiders understand the nature of bitcoin exchanges and how some run fractional reserve. it would have a short term unpleasant effect, but long term i don't see a major issue. eventually, someone will come up with a solution to this problem. supernet's instadex is attempting to fix this with a decentralized exchange service. we'll see if it is executed....currently in beta testing

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 01:03:16 AM

That would be bad for bitcoin world, price would plummet.
Same thing with mt gox before, price was very diffirent than other exchanges, then crash. Hope its not mt gox 2
Wrong. Stop spreading nonsense. BTC-e is nothing compared to MtGox, nothing! MtGox was the leader of it's time. BTC-e is minor compared to Bitstamp, Bitfinex or Huobi. Compare the weekly volumes and you shall see why. I never understood why anyone would even trade on BTC-e. They seem shady at best to me.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:05:40 AM

Where else does everyone trade? I don't have any USD in btc-e but this makes me a bit uneasy.  I went to btc-e orininally for the bitcoin/litecoin/feathercoin/primecoin trading, however only half those exist there now. I do have a cryptsy account but have never traded anything but alts there.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:41:14 AM

Such a sad news for us..   Angry Angry
eGuru

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:53:19 AM

Where else does everyone trade? I don't have any USD in btc-e but this makes me a bit uneasy.  I went to btc-e orininally for the bitcoin/litecoin/feathercoin/primecoin trading, however only half those exist there now. I do have a cryptsy account but have never traded anything but alts there.

I trade on Bitfinex. I dont fund through there but i do margin trade on it. They allow short trading as well so not sure if that's an option for you but I prefer to make money no matter which way the market is going.
eGuru

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:10:33 AM

If anybody finds an article or hears anything on this can you pass along please.  Grin
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:20:33 AM

While they have not formally announced it, BTC-e recently stated to me that they are no longer dealing with US banks or customers.

This would explain the lower price of BTC on that exchange as USD would be relatively more scarce there.

Why would you want to trade on BTC-e in the first place? They have no big volume, they prices are lower and they are not transparent.
It is like 2nd grade exchange there are many better services if you want to trade in USD.
makcik

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:21:37 PM

Btc-e was earlier used for transactions and as a currency in US banks also. USA had understood that bitcoins are important for them so they had put it as permitted in banks for customers, but seeing some cases of kidnaps and bitcons being declared illegal in Taiwan, they had stopped dealing in bitcoins. USA has been a huge market for bitcoins and this is a loss to bitcoins currency. Let's hope banks in USA start dealing in bitcoins too.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:53:53 PM

it has to do with the new law of new york and general restrictions that there are there?
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:55:57 PM

The price is going trough the roof regardless of this news.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:09:05 PM

So wait.... what will happen to all my BTC and LTC that I have on BTC-E?

Can I still send over my BTC to Coinbase?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:15:43 PM

btc always used to be lower priced i guess due to being seen as "shady" and has always been mostly uk/european/russian users, this isnt a big deal

i know a few months ago they dropped the UK £..

but if they are going to drop the dollar...
they aren't dropping $ and they only dropped £ because it had low volume and there was no point, uk users can still send money there with no problems, their bank forces them to not deal with us customers which really means us banks, americans can buy on coinbase or where ever and send btc there to trade if they want to

your btc and ltc are fine, you just cant send or withdraw fiat with us banks due to bullshit regulations

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Triple

Activity: 847

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:16:44 PM

BTC-E has a very good track record so I'm pretty sure you will still have access to them. However, they could turn into Mt.Gox 2.0 so I'd move them somewhere else just to be safe.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:38:56 PM

BTC-E has a very good track record so I'm pretty sure you will still have access to them. However, they could turn into Mt.Gox 2.0 so I'd move them somewhere else just to be safe.
Mt.Gox was the biggest exchange of its time. Their volume was unparalleled. BTC-e handles 2.5% of all Bitcoin exchange volume it is nothing in comparison to Mt.Gox.
What is positive about them is fact that they are working since July 2011 without problems.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: