Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you vote in your local, Regional, and National elections?
Yes
No
Not old enough to vote

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Do you vote in your local, regional, and National elections?  (Read 1138 times)
Harry Hood (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:26:11 AM

The question says it all. Do you vote?

As for comments, I'd love to know why you do or don't vote.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:43:52 AM

Stopped voting around 20-25 years ago.
The reason is simple. I don't vote for people I don't trust, and I don't vote for liars.
One example:
One local party promised that if they won, we would not have property tax.
They won and two weeks later the same party decided to give us property tax.
I cant vote for the party that I agree most with, as some say I should, when what they are saying is a lie.
erickimani

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:47:01 AM

yes i vote. I vote because it is my right to vote and i like exercising my rights. through this i have power to change my society through the people i vote in.
thank you.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:28:20 PM

Politics is all about choosing the least evil candidate to run a city, state or country. If you stay at home, then the candidate who is supported by the religious nuts and the welfare rats will win the elections, and later they will drain the money out of your pocket by imposing more and more taxes. I have voted in all the elections (for which I am eligible to vote). Never missed a single election till now.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:22:32 PM

I vote but many times it's difficult to decide the best political candidate or party.
It seems often that all of them are ''the same'', just fighting for positions, glory, money or power.
It's really difficult to find honesty and truth in politics.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:57:52 PM

yes, although increasingly I find it to be a waste of time.

they are all simply full of shit and plundering the country for their own gain, IMHO.

both parties.  all candidates.  lying sacks of crap that are run by the banks, corporations and other special interest groups.  and I know people will say "not my candidate"  yes, your candidate.  they only one in the current presidential election that is maybe not purchased by the big money powers here is Trump and he's a nutter.

recent studies have indicated that the US is an oligarchy.  I completely agree.  In that case voting is itself a farce, a show put on to make the minions think/feel as if they actually have a say when in reality they simply do not.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:13:31 PM

If you vote, generally speaking your vote means nothing. You only find out later if the person who got in was a liar during his campaign or not.

The thing that your voting always does is to give credibility to the system. If you like a system that does nothing but place liars in office, go vote.

We need a law that does something like this. A candidate's campaign policy is law if he gets into office. That is, if he gets into office, he needs to fulfill his campaign promises or he is executed. Then, the person who takes his place needs to fulfill those promises... or resign, or be executed. And the same for the next person into that office.

Of course, the above has been only a short paragraph about it. The thing would need to be thought over. After all, we wouldn't want to execute a guy who became President, and then Congress blocked his every attempt to do the thing he promised. Rather, we would give him 20 years, and execute Congress.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Harry Hood (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:03:06 PM

Stopped voting around 20-25 years ago.
The reason is simple. I don't vote for people I don't trust, and I don't vote for liars.
One example:
One local party promised that if they won, we would not have property tax.
They won and two weeks later the same party decided to give us property tax.
I cant vote for the party that I agree most with, as some say I should, when what they are saying is a lie.

If what they are saying is a lie, and you don't like liars, it sounds like it's not the party that you "agree with most".

I can appreciate your frustration. Do you feel you should vote for the group you DO feel is best suited - even if that group/party is not the front running nomination? Most ballots allow write in votes.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 06:04:24 PM

If I do vote, I spoil my ballot paper now with the Anarchy symbol and a vote for direct democracy.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:26:11 PM

I vote but many times it's difficult to decide the best political candidate or party.

That depends upon your political orientation, and priorities. I normally vote for parties which are pro-family, and in favor of reducing the taxes (income, corporate and wealth taxes). Affirmative action is another priority. I vote for the parties which oppose affirmative action. Foreign policy, environment, defense.etc are not that important for me.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:30:56 PM

Politics is all about choosing the least evil candidate to run a city, state or country. If you stay at home, then the candidate who is supported by the religious nuts and the welfare rats will win the elections, and later they will drain the money out of your pocket by imposing more and more taxes. I have voted in all the elections (for which I am eligible to vote). Never missed a single election till now.
this is exactly why I dont vote; if i vote, i want my vote to go to a candidate that I support, not the candidate that i think is not as bad as the other leading candidate. call it apathetic if you like, but i have no interest in perpetuating the pathetic state of politics, especially in america. if a great candidate that I actually agree with and support comes along, ill vote for them to break the cycle, but not until then.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:47:59 PM

Besides, you talk like government is your king.

Let government focus on things outside the country. Let people be free except when they harm other people, or damage the property of other people.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Harry Hood (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:48:25 PM

Politics is all about choosing the least evil candidate  
this is exactly why I dont vote; if i vote, i want my vote to go to a candidate that I support, not the candidate that i think is not as bad as the other leading candidate. call it apathetic if you like, but i have no interest in perpetuating the pathetic state of politics, especially in america. if a great candidate that I actually agree with and support comes along, ill vote for them to break the cycle, but not until then.

So why don't you vote for the candidate you support? All ballots have the ability to write in a candidate. Don't settle for what the party nominations are, vote for you who you believe should be in office! By not voting you're supporting the  votes for all other candidates.

they are all simply full of shit and plundering the country for their own gain, IMHO.

There's a very consistent theme so far - politicians are bullshit artists! So what do we do to change the quality of our representation? What can we do? There has to be something!

I feel if more people got involved in the political process (not donating, not campaigning, but voting for the best candidates) we could improve the system.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:54:02 PM

So why don't you vote for the candidate you support? All ballots have the ability to write in a candidate. Don't settle for what the party nominations are, vote for you who you believe should be in office! By not voting you're supporting the  votes for all other candidates.
did you not read? i think all the candidates are shit, or at the very least, lacking. sure, i can say that i think bernie is the least evil of this year's candidates, but i do not support him. trump said something along the lines of "there is an epidemic of autism in the united states" at some point, and after watching that CNN debate, i have to wholeheartedly agree. and its not like about to go off and write in some obscure politician's name on the ballot either, it wouldnt matter without that person having enough support/votes. money and favors buys power in politics, and until that flaw is remedied, there will always be a scarcity of decent politicians.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:00:14 PM

did you not read? i think all the candidates are shit, or at the very least, lacking. sure, i can say that i think bernie is the least evil of this year's candidates, but i do not support him. trump said something along the lines of "there is an epidemic of autism in the united states" at some point, and after watching that CNN debate, i have to wholeheartedly agree. and its not like about to go off and write in some obscure politician's name on the ballot either, it wouldnt matter without that person having enough support/votes. money and favors buys power in politics, and until that flaw is remedied, there will always be a scarcity of decent politicians.

You are right. If any candidate were right, he would promote common law in ways that people could understand. Government would be slave, and each individual would be king if people understood the strength that they have in common law. Even Ron Paul acts like government is king.

Smiley

Pentax

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:38:00 PM

There's a very consistent theme so far - politicians are bullshit artists! So what do we do to change the quality of our representation? What can we do? There has to be something!

I feel if more people got involved in the political process (not donating, not campaigning, but voting for the best candidates) we could improve the system.

Ya know Harry, the short answer is I do not think there is anything that can be done with the current structure of the laws that govern our elected officials, their term in office and how their campaigns are funded.  Big money runs the show and Congress is not likely to change the system that benefits them so greatly.

Short of term limits and figuring out how to get the money out of the game on both sides of the aisle, there is no solution.   To this point in our history this has greatly been an honor system in terms of the folks in congress at least trying to come to terms with what is good for the country, as those guys are gatekeepers on things, including themselves.  There is a huge flaw in the system as there is no oversight on them.  No business or company runs that way, and for good reason, and at this point that systems cracks are gaping holes as an honor system is exploited by crooks.

I used to think it mattered.  I used to think that by getting involved and doing what I could as a citizen it would make a difference.  at this point I've come to the conclusion that all of that was time and effort thrown down a hole.  the game is rigged and the only people that can change it are those that benefit from it the most directly and have shown themselves time and time again to be crooked as a broken nose with no concern whatsoever for the country and people they are ostensibly there to 'serve'
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:12:06 PM

Corporations, are people too,,, friend... That means, corporations, all around the world... Using that logic, how long before they have a vote, as well ?

Pentax

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:03:21 PM

Corporations, are people too,,, friend... That means, corporations, all around the world... Using that logic, how long before they have a vote, as well ?

This is a huge problem.  Corporations as well as other large special interest groups, such as unions, have no business shoving their money/bribes into the arena. 

This is a major, major problem.

And another to which I see no solution, as the people with the power to change it are the very ones getting all that cash.  Ain't gonna happen.

No basic checks and balances on congress.  One of, if not the, largest problems in our system of government. 
LondonTrader

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:00:01 AM

Hi

I do vote in the national election as it is important you do as many organisations such as banks do check on this before they can provide you a service

Bye
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:02:27 AM

I am voting but as i am getting older, i see all that is just pile of crap. Democracy is worst scam ever and mine or everyones vote means shit.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: