Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Posts so stupid you can't even be bothered to argue with them  (Read 1025 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 11:40:09 AM

There are times in a persons life when someone says something that is so incredibly stupid that you are actually incapable of giving a response without it simply devolving into a series of insults and mocking, not because the person is correct, but rather the person is so stupidly wrong they don't even see it themselves, I thought I'd post this thread up for some constructive hilarity, who knows? I might have said something? Trololoollool Cheesy

This thread doesn't have to be about just this forum it can be from anywhere even if it's a news article or something like that, I'd just thought I'd be constructive about this and let the people who are saying things know there are people who don't necessarily agree with them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 05:03:15 PM

There are times in a persons life when someone says something that is so incredibly stupid that you are actually incapable of giving a response without it simply devolving into a series of insults and mocking, not because the person is correct, but rather the person is so stupidly wrong they don't even see it themselves, I thought I'd post this thread up for some constructive hilarity, who knows? I might have said something? Trololoollool Cheesy

This thread doesn't have to be about just this forum it can be from anywhere even if it's a news article or something like that, I'd just thought I'd be constructive about this and let the people who are saying things know there are people who don't necessarily agree with them.

+1

Reserved

&

Bumped

EDIT: Plus

BTC = $c2
Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Another block in the wall

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 05:21:37 PM

This thread is a total waste of Data-centers' space.

..........something like that?

In Cryptography we trust.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 10:10:48 PM

I just found a great example that did it for me on the Planetside 2 forums, I managed to get into the beta awhile ago and I've seen it go downhill constantly but this really did it for me, it's from a user defending the pay to win system that SOE put in and it's something that a lot of games do right now.

You aren't forced to buy anything in game, you can simply play the game and earn the certs for everything. It may take a week to get a really expensive gun, but that should be expected in an MMO. The game is NOT about progression, it's about fighting huge battles.

For those who don't know in Planetside 2 you earn experience points that then build up into certificate points ( for some reason, I never got it ) and then you spend it on weapons upgrades etc. for your vehicles and infantry classes in an RPG style system like Call of Duty, this of course immediately means, massive balance problems, griefing and favouritism. What I find particularly stunning about this guy and many people him is that he's actually convinced himself and is trying to convince others that in order for a game to be an MMO it has to have grinding when it's just a category! Then there's the way he goes on about purchasing crappy in game cheats ( which is what these items really are ) as if it isn't a completely game breaking thing.

I think I'll go play Metal Fatigue or something to cheer myself up, as someone who beta tested that game for awhile, avoid it, it's filled with problems and SOE are no where near finishing it, they've done a rushed job of it to get to a November release date, it's actually gotten to the point where I can't argue with morons like this anymore, I'd rather argue with Paul Krugman.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 11:57:35 PM

No one is stupid.  Stupid is lack of awareness, disconnect from love or soul.  It's fear and doubt, that's what's stupid.  Incomprehension is stupid.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 12:05:12 AM

For those who don't know in Planetside 2 you earn experience points that then build up into certificate points ( for some reason, I never got it ) and then you spend it on weapons upgrades etc. for your vehicles and infantry classes in an RPG style system like Call of Duty, this of course immediately means, massive balance problems, griefing and favouritism. What I find particularly stunning about this guy and many people him is that he's actually convinced himself and is trying to convince others that in order for a game to be an MMO it has to have grinding when it's just a category! Then there's the way he goes on about purchasing crappy in game cheats ( which is what these items really are ) as if it isn't a completely game breaking thing.
I don't think anyone has figured out how to make this model work yet. The theory is supposed to be that the stuff you pay for is no better than the stuff you can get for free, just different. However, if it really was no better, very few people would pay for it and the game would go broke.

In practice, to make the game profitable, you have to offer something that is significantly better for a fee, or people won't pay anything. Just cosmetic changes or "sidegrades" just won't do it. Not when you need to get around $6 per player per month to break even and you don't have the $30-$60 per player buy in to cover your up front costs.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 12:31:12 AM

I don't think anyone has figured out how to make this model work yet. The theory is supposed to be that the stuff you pay for is no better than the stuff you can get for free, just different. However, if it really was no better, very few people would pay for it and the game would go broke.

In practice, to make the game profitable, you have to offer something that is significantly better for a fee, or people won't pay anything. Just cosmetic changes or "sidegrades" just won't do it. Not when you need to get around $6 per player per month to break even and you don't have the $30-$60 per player buy in to cover your up front costs.
I've had some very good ideas for this, but never the time to set it up. Basically, have an in-game "points" currency that can be exchanged for real money at half the price of payment, and make a "market" that allows people to transfer the items between each other for the "points". So people would still pay, but anything you can pay for can also be earned with hard work.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 08:59:16 AM

I think the normal method of paying for games and then just playing them has worked fantastic, if you can't sell your games then they must either be rubbish or enough people don't know about them, either that or you need to price it cheaper so that people will be encouraged to buy it.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 03:54:04 PM

I think the normal method of paying for games and then just playing them has worked fantastic, if you can't sell your games then they must either be rubbish or enough people don't know about them, either that or you need to price it cheaper so that people will be encouraged to buy it.
This is the model games like Guild Wars use. The challenge with this model, for games that require servers, is to make enough money to keep the servers running even after the initial sales of the game drop off. This is very difficult to do right.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 04:59:24 PM

For servers I'd just offer up a really cheap subscription but also make sure that people can host their own servers if anything goes wrong, you know from what I've seen most big name MMORPGs are $14.99 a bloody month? That's insane! Especially when you consider the amount of problems you sometimes get with them.
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:12:29 AM

Self fulfilling post.

Grin

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 08:55:03 AM

I would post all of coinhunters/realsolid/etcsockpuppet's posts here but that would take too dang long

zing!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: