Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:43:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Depot takes paypal  (Read 1021 times)
HDSolar (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 03:34:52 PM

Just thought I would post that the other day I was at home depot and noticed they have a button for paypal to pay.  I did not see this before and figured it would be of interest since that is the first time I have seen that option at a store through the store.  It should make things easier later on when and if bitcoin becomes a more main stream.

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 05:02:31 PM

It should make things easier later on when and if bitcoin becomes a more main stream.

As far as something that makes paying for purchases using your mobile something more familiar, then yes this will help make the use of a Bitcoin app for payment seem not that much different. 

Apparently not just any PayPal user can pay using these terminals.  You first need to enable in-store checkout on your PayPal account:
 - https://www.paypal.com/webapps/cobapp/prodsetup/pos

And also, with the methods to cash out bitcoins to PayPal, this is almost like another form of the BitInstant PayCard .... cash out to PayPal prior to making in-store purchases with it.   While the methods to do this are becoming relatively plentiful (FastCash4Bitcoins.com, VirWoX, BitInstant), those methods are relatively costly.     Over-the-counter trades through #bitcoin-otc can help bring the cost down to 0 (where both sides trade at market rate, payment sent as a "personal/payment owed") but that carries risks like the counterparty doing a chargeback or account closure/funds frozen on either your side or your counterparty's side.

But, in a pinch, that option is better than nothing!

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

HDSolar (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2012, 04:08:42 AM

It should make things easier later on when and if bitcoin becomes a more main stream.

As far as something that makes paying for purchases using your mobile something more familiar, then yes this will help make the use of a Bitcoin app for payment seem not that much different. 

Apparently not just any PayPal user can pay using these terminals.  You first need to enable in-store checkout on your PayPal account:
 - https://www.paypal.com/webapps/cobapp/prodsetup/pos

And also, with the methods to cash out bitcoins to PayPal, this is almost like another form of the BitInstant PayCard .... cash out to PayPal prior to making in-store purchases with it.   While the methods to do this are becoming relatively plentiful (FastCash4Bitcoins.com, VirWoX, BitInstant), those methods are relatively costly.     Over-the-counter trades through #bitcoin-otc can help bring the cost down to 0 (where both sides trade at market rate, payment sent as a "personal/payment owed") but that carries risks like the counterparty doing a chargeback or account closure/funds frozen on either your side or your counterparty's side.

But, in a pinch, that option is better than nothing!
Interesting, I was thinking the same thing about bitinstant as well.  Over time more and more eCommerce will continue to grow. 

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 02:38:32 AM

Just thought I would post that the other day I was at home depot and noticed they have a button for paypal to pay.  I did not see this before and figured it would be of interest since that is the first time I have seen that option at a store through the store.  It should make things easier later on when and if bitcoin becomes a more main stream.

Any point of service (POS) checkout system can integrate bitpay processing very easily!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Fcx35x10

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 03:19:25 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2012, 02:58:51 AM by Fcx35x10

Any point of service (POS) checkout system can integrate bitpay processing very easily!

Damn u Mc D! take my bitcoins!

one day..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: