Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:58:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When does altcoins price pump begins?  (Read 3677 times)
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:46:19 AM

Since BTC price started going up, all I see is almost every other altcoin being sold and dumped. At some point people re going to switch to altcoins and these are going to start getting pumped as well. This is what happened last time BTC went up and it s gonna happen again.

The main question is what price BTC needs to reach for alt to start facing some upward price pressures again.

I say about $600+. What do you think?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:10:59 AM

Since BTC price started going up, all I see is almost every other altcoin being sold and dumped. At some point people re going to switch to altcoins and these are going to start getting pumped as well. This is what happened last time BTC went up and it s gonna happen again.

The main question is what price BTC needs to reach for alt to start facing some upward price pressures again.

I say about $600+. What do you think?

Now that is a good speculation thread, to be honest I vaguely recall that altcoins had an ideal ratio to Bitcoin that they keep, the problem is that besides Litecoin which had a fairly solid baseline the rest of those altcoins have never really experienced a Bitcoin rally and therefore have no known floors yet, I presume that the next best estimate is to value them by market cap range lacking the historical data and extrapolate from it a roughly known Bitcoin price.

My answer is unknown needs more data and research on my part atm Smiley.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:18:32 AM

This is what happened last time BTC went up and it s gonna happen again.

That is what happened last time, I agree.  It doesn't mean it will happen again this time though, assuming that the current rise turns into a big bubble.

If it does exactly the same as it did last time, last time I think it was at about $800 when the alts went crazy, that would make it 3x the previous ATH, so about $3300 would be to be expected this time.
abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:22:42 AM

I do agree that this current upwards trends will turn little slow and we will see some kind of stability and then altcoins will begin to react and people will inject money from their profit in that market.So we still have to wait a couple of weeks to happen that again.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:23:03 AM

I'm sure there are some juicy rises in the works, but two years have passed and hopefully people are a little wiser. In those two years barely one single alt has gone beyond the boundaries of their shitty exchanges. Plenty have imploded. They all have track records now and it ain't an inspiring one.

I can see why 2013 might've inspired people to think 'this is it'. These days we're going to need a bit more convincing.  
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:39:20 AM

BTC price rises used to drag alts to higher levels about a week or two weeks delay. I guess we will see major pumps in a week, but it appears there's already an ongoing LTC pump (I can rule out a natural price rise though).
Wob

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:07:50 AM

My guess is that BTC rally will top at 520, soonish, then altcoins get some love.

http://imgur.com/0UqVO38

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:11:40 AM

My guess is that BTC rally will top at 520, soonish, then altcoins get some love.

I think there'd need to be a sustained BTC rally for alts to get any attention. If this one falls away rapidly then people won't be inspired to move into alts.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:21:25 AM

I think LTC was the main one last time that was up there, this time around though there are so many other altcoins it will be interesting to see which of these have an upward rise, I would imagine the likes of DOGE and DASH possibly but time will tell.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:39:29 AM

i think when btc will stop its run, now everyone holding garbage coin, is selling them to fuel even more the pump, it was like that also in the past

and it was the same with litecoin pump, other alt have a less chance to see good pump like this, minus maybe the strongest one like litecoin
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:44:38 AM

I can't speak for anybody else but I won't be playing the altcoin game this time around. No matter how much pump & dump they do. They are literally garbage.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 11:46:07 AM

Namecoin and Peercoin are going up.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:47:02 AM

I can't speak for anybody else but I won't be playing the altcoin game this time around. No matter how much pump & dump they do. They are literally garbage.

I think that's how plenty of people feel. Then they'll look at the alt exchanges and it's only a couple of clicks away...
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:15:21 PM

I guess that this is something that we were all wrong about. We all thought that when the next Bitcoin run starts, that alts will go up even more. And exactly opposite is happening. Alts are taking a beating.

Another thing in crypto world that we were wrong about. This just proves that sometimes nothing makes sense in this world.

About the alts, I think that people have just lost confidence in pretty much all of them.
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:17:09 PM

I guess that this is something that we were all wrong about. We all thought that when the next Bitcoin run starts, that alts will go up even more. And exactly opposite is happening. Alts are taking a beating.

Another thing in crypto world that we were wrong about. This just proves that sometimes nothing makes sense in this world.

About the alts, I think that people have just lost confidence in pretty much all of them.

Only the alts that's value isn't strongly tied to bitcoin.
LTC, PPC and NMC are already starting to speed ahead.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:17:53 PM

And rightly so. They've proven themselves to be a black hole for dreams. But this run might only have just begun. I expect they'll generate excitement a little further down the line if it ramps up and then there'll be even more broken hearts.
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:19:57 PM

its true no confidence into alts just a bit of doge ltc and no much more maybe dark or dash now and wount be pumped directly ito satoshis just the related value of btc the pump wount happen i guess
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:20:30 PM

This is what always happening in the first phase of the rally, people are dumping alts for BTC, the pump and dump business starts a week or two weeks later Smiley. We will see soon if alts will follow this scheme again.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 12:37:53 PM

Good topic. I have been thinking about the same thing. I lately bought into alts in the anticipation of a giant rally to maximize my gains.

You think that altcoin rally hasn't begun yet? Think again. Alts are not falling against bitcoin, it means they are rallying with bitcoin. If you converted some of your BTC into alts, you are not in a loss in terms of BTC. It's a good sign. It means we have still a chance that alts will start surging against BTC.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:41:43 PM

Hyped BTC will be naturally cashed out in alts. When people begin to realize that BTC is already overvalued, they will begin buying alts to maximize their profits.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: