Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:01:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MMM ponzi effects?  (Read 3636 times)
jook (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:36:09 PM

There are rumors about the MMM ponzi scheme being somewhat responsible for the current rallye. After the recent price rise we may experience an unexpected dynamic that works like this: Many newcomers to the ponzi scheme learn about Bitcoin and how to buy them in order to enter MMM - and they do this while the bitcoin price is rising very quickly.

Now put yourself into the position of such a person: You have bought Bitcoin that gain 10% in value each day. Would you still "invest" into MMM or would you rather hold the coins, as you already see crazy profits that are even higher than what the ponzi has promised? We might currently see MMM inadvertently recruit bitcoin users instead of ponzi victims, which would be a very nice thing on many levels.

What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wei H
Legendary

Activity: 1192
Merit: 1001

Chinese translator

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 01:38:16 PM

It doesn't matter what the reason is, just enjoy this big bump! I can't even believe we're standing at $500 again.
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:44:30 PM

It could be. From what I think we don't know the reason for the boom that has happened this week. So it could just be coincidence or some individual behind the price rise.
enquirer

Activity: 306
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:04:18 AM

Sell now, buy again when Bitcoin goes to $50 after MMM ponzi blows.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:07:17 AM

member of those MMM ponzi scheme will just buy and sell Bitcoins, they don't keep those Bitcoins since they just send it to another address then wait for week then request for withdrawal with interest then exchange since Bitcoin is not that mainstream yet in China.
ShetKid

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:51:39 AM

member of those MMM ponzi scheme will just buy and sell Bitcoins, they don't keep those Bitcoins since they just send it to another address then wait for week then request for withdrawal with interest then exchange since Bitcoin is not that mainstream yet in China.
From what I understood, they would not get the returns immediately, so could be sometime soon. Also highly depends on when the ponzi operator cashes out. He could dump his holdings too.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:55:26 AM

From what I understood, they would not get the returns immediately, so could be sometime soon. Also highly depends on when the ponzi operator cashes out. He could dump his holdings too.

1 week is the soonest that they can dump Bitcoins, the longer they don't withdraw the bigger the interest, that's why some have multiple accounts there. If i'm the ponzi operator, I can easily assign my BTC address to anyone and they will send Bitcoins because after a week, they can withdraw with interest. It's a circle.
ShetKid

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:03:01 AM

1 week is the soonest that they can dump Bitcoins, the longer they don't withdraw the bigger the interest, that's why some have multiple accounts there. If i'm the ponzi operator, I can easily assign my BTC address to anyone and they will send Bitcoins because after a week, they can withdraw with interest. It's a circle.

If there are more people contoniously participating in the Ponzi, then yes it will run like a circle and will keep the price of bitcoin stable for the entire time the ponzi lasts for. However logically price should still decline and not increase because of the ponzi.
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:06:34 AM

Keeping an eye on this for changes in frequency. I'm sure there are actual chinese video sites that would be better to sample... but I don't know them.

DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 11:38:25 AM

it's not only in China that MMM is expanding, Philippines also have a lot of MMM followers, they even have this physical branch now in different places.
manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:49:47 AM

it's not only in China that MMM is expanding, Philippines also have a lot of MMM followers, they even have this physical branch now in different places.

MMM will go down sooner or later.
I only hope Bitcoin's price does not plunge along with it.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 11:52:01 AM

The sooner the better, so that those MMM evangelist will wake up in reality that what they are preaching is nothing but ponzi
manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:59:33 AM

The sooner the better, so that those MMM evangelist will wake up in reality that what they are preaching is nothing but ponzi

With a possibility of earning "100%" in a month, this is going to close very quickly. Smiley
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:43:20 PM

Cheesy So many trolls and shills trying to convince potential investors that bitcoin is only going up because of a ponzi scheme  Cheesy
yolalanda

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:51:07 PM

Cheesy So many trolls and shills trying to convince potential investors that bitcoin is only going up because of a ponzi scheme  Cheesy

Most here couldn't care less if Bitcoin is or is not a Ponzi -- this forum even has a section dedicated to Ponzis, where the most afflicted of degenerate gamblers willingly go to lose (that is, lose faster than they already are by simply holding Bitcoin).
The problem's not Bitcoin being a ponzi, but the fact that it's a collapsing Ponzi.
Therein, Jarhead, lies the rub Undecided

http://s15.postimg.org/rpdn01dej/Capture.png
               Bro, do you even Ponzi?
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:25:15 PM

Cheesy So many trolls and shills trying to convince potential investors that bitcoin is only going up because of a ponzi scheme  Cheesy

I've noticed tons of strange new accounts that make a single reply and have the MMM thing as signatures. Did anyone see this as well?
MMMPon$i4EVA

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:31:04 PM

I've noticed tons of strange new accounts that make a single reply and have the MMM thing as signatures. Did anyone see this as well?

I can't say I've picked up on that myself.
jaredboice

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:33:56 PM

Cheesy So many trolls and shills trying to convince potential investors that bitcoin is only going up because of a ponzi scheme  Cheesy

Government paid trolls everywhere trying to convince people that Bitcoin is a ponzi, or that bitcoin is collapsing because of a ponzi, or that bitcoin is connected to a ponzi and therefore FUD.  That is all
jaredboice

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:00:11 PM

Amazing how many bitcoiners think governments actually give half of a flying fuck about them. Self-important much?

Amazing how many paid shills and trolls try to convince people that the government and their criminal too-big-to-fail banks aren't threatened by a system that has made them obsolete!  Troll and bullshit much??
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:07:30 PM

A post on forums like this is one of the many compulsory activities, along with YouTube vids etc., that MMM users must complete in order to qualify for the Mavro Extra rate of 100% a month, otherwise they're stuck on a measly 30%  Roll Eyes

Just report them as spam, they get nuked pretty quick.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: