Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] bitcoinsentiment.com  (Read 4539 times)
hathmill (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 08:50:11 PM

Last week there were more then 400 votes. Thank you all! I am still testing it out and if everything runs smoothly I will try to raise some more awareness in the following weeks.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 09:19:25 PM

bitcoinsentiment.com is a crowdvoting site where you can express your sentiment towards Bitcoin and see what other people think. Basically it is a poll that is running continuously.

Voting, viewing and downloading is free.

I believe that it is important that resources that rely on crowd participation are kept free of adds and stuff like that and I am not doing this to make money (though I would stand to benefit from BTC appreciation since I own some coins).

The more people that votes, the better it will work so I have tried to make that easy by creating a widget, that people can use if they want to contribute. There is an API so you can create your own widget if you want to.

Grin

You should let people bet on this.

hathmill (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 06:12:02 PM

bitcoinsentiment.com is a crowdvoting site where you can express your sentiment towards Bitcoin and see what other people think. Basically it is a poll that is running continuously.

Voting, viewing and downloading is free.

I believe that it is important that resources that rely on crowd participation are kept free of adds and stuff like that and I am not doing this to make money (though I would stand to benefit from BTC appreciation since I own some coins).

The more people that votes, the better it will work so I have tried to make that easy by creating a widget, that people can use if they want to contribute. There is an API so you can create your own widget if you want to.

Grin

You should let people bet on this.

I have been thinking about what you wrote. It is a good idea I think, an incentive to vote and so forth and so on. I could add that a feature and keep it non-profit.

I am a little worried that it would be an incentive to manipulate the data though. Any ideas of how to counteract that?
hathmill (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 10:48:44 PM

I am thinking a little about how to attract visitors to the site.

What do you think about if I post interviews (related to Bitcoin) or something like that on the site. Do you think that could be a good idea?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 02:39:00 AM

I firmly believe a site should do only one thing and do it well, rather then do 10 things in a half ass manner.

so i suggest you add a lot more polls.

I really like that you now have a graph displaying the poll results, although I'm not sure this is the best way to represent this poll, maybe a pie graph? nvm i just got it, very nice  Wink

this site has gr8 potential and could become something all speculators watch.

keep up the good work

hathmill (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:54:15 PM

I firmly believe a site should do only one thing and do it well, rather then do 10 things in a half ass manner.

so i suggest you add a lot more polls.

I really like that you now have a graph displaying the poll results, although I'm not sure this is the best way to represent this poll, maybe a pie graph? nvm i just got it, very nice  Wink

this site has gr8 potential and could become something all speculators watch.

keep up the good work

Thanks for the feedback. I can see your point and have decided to do as you suggest and focus on improving on the main feature instead of adding new ones.

A became dad (my first child) a few days ago, so I have not had time to work on the site, bit I am determined to keep it going and keep it non-profit, so please keep on voting - your voice is
important!

Next up on my backlog is to improve on the graph visualization. There is some cool things one can do with bull/bear ratio and so forth and so on. I am also playing with the idea of making it possible to create price overlays.

What kind of other polls would you like to see?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 11:17:00 PM

What price will today's daily candle close at?
What price will this weeks weekly candle close at?

IDK maybe word it differently.... but I'd like to be able to see / vote for, sentiment for short, mid, and long term.

also maybe a sentiment poll for how people feel about the projects overall dev. growth, are we going "Bitcoin Speed"?

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 09:28:26 AM

VOTE VOTE VOTE PEOPLE

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=123737.20

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 12:35:05 PM

This is NOT useful. Only vote based on real money is useful like Bitfinex sentiment index

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 07:53:58 PM

wtf is the bitfinex
https://bitfinex.com/

that looks like a short term indicator

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 08:35:08 PM

wtf is the bitfinex

It's the new bitcoinica, haven't you heard?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 02:10:53 AM

wtf is the bitfinex

It's the new bitcoinica, haven't you heard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdvTkddp1F0

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 02:21:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WiXMcsfvXE

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:52:23 AM

i thought that one originally. it was the most entertaining to me but watching all the first one i posted, so good

hathmill (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 09:51:22 AM

What price will today's daily candle close at?
What price will this weeks weekly candle close at?

IDK maybe word it differently.... but I'd like to be able to see / vote for, sentiment for short, mid, and long term.

also maybe a sentiment poll for how people feel about the projects overall dev. growth, are we going "Bitcoin Speed"?

Great feedback. I will see what I can do to about introducing more polls! I am a little worried that people would be discouraged if there are too many polls when they first visit the site - but there have to be a way of adding it anyway!

I think your suggestion on poll about peoples feeling about the project itself is interesting. I have not even considered those kinds of sentiment polls.

Hmm, I guess what ever poll there is, the phrasing would have to stay the same over time without loosing its validity. It would have to be general enough to be valid over time but specific enough to capture peoples sentiment.

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 10:13:20 AM

low volume

hathmill (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 10:10:39 PM

low volume

Yes very low. I am working on making it easier for people to share the site with others.
hathmill (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 11:18:06 PM

New feature added.

Look at the charts page and scroll down and you will see the price of Bitcoin (MtGox) for the last 365 days together with up/down ratio. The ratio show how many voted that price would go up, divided by how many thought it would go down.

http://bitcoinsentiment.com/

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 11:41:10 PM

New feature added.

Look at the charts page and scroll down and you will see the price of Bitcoin (MtGox) for the last 365 days together with up/down ratio. The ratio show how many voted that price would go up, divided by how many thought it would go down.

now we're getting somewhere Smiley just need at least 100 volume; need more people to vote

hathmill (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:57:04 PM

New feature added.

now we're getting somewhere Smiley just need at least 100 volume; need more people to vote

Thanks for the encouragement!

I am focusing on increasing the volume right now. I think that widgets are THE way to increase the volume. Though I have not really done any promotion there are already sites out there that have included the widget. I have contacted the site owners and asked for their feedback and so forth and so on.

I have listened to their input and I am right now focusing on improving the widget system. Those who put the widget on their site will be featured on a special "Supporters" page (had not had time to code it yet)

I have also created a ratio page http://bitcoinsentiment.com/?id=1025 where you can view BTC performance measured in terms of other assets classes such as gold and S&P 500.

Though it might now be visible I am working continuously (while juggling full time job, writing a book and taking care of one month old baby) on improving on the site.

I am committed long term to this project!  So.... _thanks_ for voting and spreading the sites everyone!   Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: