Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:20:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: exchanging bitcoins to paypal.. how to avoid fees?  (Read 763 times)
HarryHood (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:12:42 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 05:37:34 PM by HarryHood

So recently I won big on cloud bet. I wanted to exchange .5 BTC ($242) from my account on cloud bet to my paypal so, I withdraw them into my virwox account. Transferred them from BTC to SLL and then to USD and then I only ended up with $177 in my account.
Could someone explain to me maybe a cheaper way to transfer my bit coins to my paypal? Thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this in.
Can anyone help me here? I know I'm a new be
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:59:48 PM

Why would you want to  transfer it to paypal? Paypal is doing bad at the moment,most of the CPA,PPD etc campaigns have cancelled their mode of payment as paypal!You could transfer your bitcoins to your local wallet and then withdraw it directly to your bank wire accounts via some exchange and that service is free of cost.
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:11:25 PM

So recently I won big on cloud bet. I wanted to exchange .5 BTC ($242) from my account on cloud bet to my paypal so, I withdraw them into my virwox account. Transferred them from BTC to SLL and then to USD and then I only ended up with $177 in my account.
Could someone explain to me maybe a cheaper way to transfer my bit coins to my paypal? Thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this in.

Virwox has been known for having a high fee for a long time, and you should be aware of that before using its service. Apart from using it, you may try to find someone buying bitcoin for PP on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0 or on localbitcoins, but please check the person's trade history and avoid suspicious users.

HarryHood (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:32:52 PM

Why would you want to  transfer it to paypal? Paypal is doing bad at the moment,most of the CPA,PPD etc campaigns have cancelled their mode of payment as paypal!You could transfer your bitcoins to your local wallet and then withdraw it directly to your bank wire accounts via some exchange and that service is free of cost.
I don't like to use my bank account cause they charge me so many fees. thats why i use paypal.
HarryHood (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:53:42 PM

Virwox has been known for having a high fee for a long time, and you should be aware of that before using its service. Apart from using it, you may try to find someone buying bitcoin for PP on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0 or on localbitcoins, but please check the person's trade history and avoid suspicious users.
ok i might try that, what do you have to do exactly?
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:40:06 PM

ok i might try that, what do you have to do exactly?

You wont avoid fees by using localbitcoins, technically you will but they will probably ask for a higher price than what bitcoin is at the moment so in the end it will be the same, exchanges that allow you to transfer to paypal charge really high fees, btc-e for example charges 7% which is not extremely high but yea. Of course you can always go to an exchange, sell the bitcoins and just store your money there until you find a good way to withdraw them because bitcoin could go down at any moment.
HarryHood (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:40:10 PM

ok local bit coins seems legit. Still looking for an easily way to transfer my BTC into cash, with little to no fees involved.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 09:10:38 PM

You can try localbitcoins or the currency exchange section here. Either should be fine, but always check the feedback of the seller since you are receiving paypal. Paypal is reversible, so the seller could potentially scam you by initiating a chargeback. You can actually sell your bitcoin at a premium for paypal since you are taking the risk of the other person initiating a chargeback.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 10:09:10 PM

You can try localbitcoins or the currency exchange section here. Either should be fine, but always check the feedback of the seller since you are receiving paypal. Paypal is reversible, so the seller could potentially scam you by initiating a chargeback. You can actually sell your bitcoin at a premium for paypal since you are taking the risk of the other person initiating a chargeback.

I will not accept PayPal for payment any longer for btc because I was defrauded on 2 separate occasions. The seller will not have protection dealing with digital goods. It can be found in there terms and conditions. I have spent countless hours on the phone with them trying recover my money.  
Which is why people charge premiums for it and most people will only sell bitcoin for paypal to people with trust. So when you sell for paypal, always check the feedback of the person you are selling to.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:28:57 AM

try coinimal fee should be minimum when selling btc for paypal, but if you're talking about paypal fee, there is nothing that you can really do
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 09:46:42 AM

Bitwa.la does it wit 0,5% fee, doesnt get better than that I think Smiley

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:06:31 AM

Bitwa.la does it wit 0,5% fee, doesnt get better than that I think Smiley

I never heard of them until now, i searched a bit on bitcointalk and it seems they are legit, the 0.5% fee is pretty good and i see they accept paypal now too, definitely something to look into.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:27:02 AM

Like Amph has said I would also try Coinimal. This is a new service but owner is reputable and gives you great rates for Paypal.

Virwox, they are bunch of crooks. I am surprised that you haven't investigated this before you used them. They are robbing people by taking 20% of their money. Stay away in future!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: