Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2024, 04:29:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Bitcoin Transfer has been frozen for 10 hours. Any help greatly appreciated.  (Read 1484 times)
Elninio (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:09:34 PM

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the world of Bitcoin so don't know a whole lot I can do when things go wrong, which they just have  Huh

I use a Multibit wallet and as the market has rallied recently I thought I would try cash in some of my bitcoin. So I have been trying to transfer some bitcoin from my Multibit wallet to my BX wallet at https://bx.in.th/.

However, I for the past 10 hours nothing has happened and my bitcoin seem to be in limbo somewhere? For 10 hours the Transaction Overview has shown the same status "Broadcast over Bitcoin network ok. Seen by 6 peer(S)".

I don't know what to do about this problem. Is there someway I can cancel the transaction? How do I get my Bitcoins back in my Multibit wallet or make the transaction to my BX wallet complete?

If any of you would advise me how to resolve this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 09:19:04 PM

Most likely your transaction is simply waiting to be included in a block by a miner.

If you double click on the transaction in the Payments window it brings up a little 'transaction details' wizard.
If you click next a couple of times there is a button 'View in blockchain.info'.
Click on this button and it will show your transaction in a browser.

This is what blockchain.info thinks about your transaction.
It will probably say it is unconfirmed (i.e. waiting to be mined)

Most likely it is simply a low fee and other transactions are being picked up first (as they are more lucrative to the miner).
Just wait and it will get put into a block at some point.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Elninio (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:12:01 PM

Hi @ Jim618,

Thanks for your input I really do appreciate it. If you don't mind me asking, what rate would you suggest I have my transaction fee set at? The default was 0.003 which is unfortunately what it was at when I initiated the transaction. I have now adjusted the fee to 0.01000 which is the most my wallet will allow.

I sure do wish I had known about this earlier as the Bitcoin I was looking to sell is worth almost $1,000 less. A hard pill to swallow when considering that even adjusting the transaction fee even to the maximum its still not even $10. 
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:07:32 PM

The best site to visualise what fee is required is:
http://www.cointape.com

Also https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin is very good to see what is happening on the network (and you can see the fees on all the transactions on the bottom right)

Yeah the exchange rate is a rollercoaster at the moment.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
aimmax

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:14:52 AM

I am using MultibitHD , sending being unconfirmed & pending for 19 hours now with 0.00005 fees .

It show status "Broadcast over Bitcoin network ok. Seen by 8 peer(s)

Blockchain & Biteasy showed unconfirmed
Blockr.io & blocktrail showed This transaction is unknown.

Had yours being confirmed yet?
aimmax

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:35:56 AM

Finally mine confirmed after 2 1/2 days

Summary
Size   520 (bytes)
Received Time   2015-12-*4 11:09:01
Included In Blocks   388**7 ( 2015-12-*6 02:53:51 + 2,385 minutes )
Confirmations   43 Confirmations
tl121

Activity: 278
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:33:53 AM

You should understand that the Bitcoin network is in the midst of a political crises involving a power struggle between factions. One faction has limited the block size and hence the rate at which the bitcoin network can process transactions.  The other faction is trying to remove this limit and replace it with a different situation.

Glad to see that your transaction eventually confirmed.  if you perform bitcoin transactions in the near future and you have any concern or interest in their confirming quickly, it might not be a bad idea to configure your client so that it uses larger than average fees.  Until this crisis has been satisfactorily resolved, I'd be very cautious in my use of the bitcoin network and I would certainly not be suggesting that my friends use bitcoin.

It gets worse than this.  For several months there has been a series of terrorist attacks on bitcoin nodes that were trying to break this impasse. This amounts to terrorism. A sad state of affairs that hopefully will be changing shortly.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: