Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:29:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: there is something fishy in huobi exchange  (Read 885 times)
toinew (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:59:54 PM

i've been observing price movements all day and it seems really fishy that huobi is always dragging all other exchanges up so much.
Something is happening in China now, either some few big hands, or either the MMM thing.

China's population is so big that you will find relatively much more people to go in a ponzi. That huobi looks like a ponzi to me.
Just to be honest.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:03:02 PM

i've been observing price movements all day and it seems really fishy that huobi is always dragging all other exchanges up so much.
Something is happening in China now, either some few big hands, or either the MMM thing.

China's population is so big that you will find relatively much more people to go in a ponzi. That huobi looks like a ponzi to me.
Just to be honest.

This is what's happening.

Wait until more and more people discover Bitcoin on China, and then wait for more countries to start ruining people's wealth by capital controls (it will happen worldwide because the economy is rotten). Then we'll be talking about the good old days when BTC was still 4 figures.
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:05:18 PM

Everyone knows Huobi/OkCoin volume and trading is not entirely legit. Not that it matters, though.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:07:38 PM

It's more than clear that this is a bot, moving at regular intervals, doesn't care what happens on other exchanges.
marvinrouge

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:08:46 PM

Just to be honest.

Bitcoin marketcap is not so big. One chinese millionaire who wants to invest in bitcoin may be enough to cause that move. Besides, a lot of people were waiting the end of the bear period to buy.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:15:39 PM

huobi is leading, but other exchanges shouldn't follow if they think the price is going way too high or if things look fishy. just look at btc-e, they don't seem to care that much about what other exchanges do.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:15:57 PM

I think alot of people use the word ponzi without knowing what it means.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:23:00 PM

Too many crying noobs that went full fiat and mad the bus left without them making posts warning everyone of the "danger" that they might make so much money they won't be able to spend it if the coin goes any higher.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
phunixx

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:26:20 PM

Too many crying noobs that went full fiat and mad the bus left without them making posts warning everyone of the "danger" that they might make so much money they won't be able to spend it if the coin goes any higher.

second that
Ayle56

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:30:14 PM

huobi is leading, but other exchanges shouldn't follow if they think the price is going way too high or if things look fishy. just look at btc-e, they don't seem to care that much about what other exchanges do.

I don't know if this is true but CompNsci says btc-e told him they have stopped dealing with US banks and customers. He claims it's difficult for US people to get money into the exchange and nobody is trading. The volume is very thin so their price compared to other exchanges is irrelevant. I know Bitstamp recently added a questionnaire asking if you are from the US, and demanding answers to questions if you are.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1236832.0

While they have not formally announced it, BTC-e recently stated to me that they are no longer dealing with US banks or customers.

This would explain the lower price of BTC on that exchange as USD would be relatively more scarce there.

Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:29:32 AM

Just to be honest.

Bitcoin marketcap is not so big. One chinese millionaire who wants to invest in bitcoin may be enough to cause that move. Besides, a lot of people were waiting the end of the bear period to buy.
It is more sensible to wait and observe the other markets' reaction to the huobi exchange before jumping to conclusions. It could be a scam or it could be a genuine buy. Let us wait and see, meanwhile a total market analysis should be advisable.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:16:31 PM

Well isn't Houbi a leading Chinese exchange? So if this run has started and lead by China what's there surprising about main Chinese exchange leading the way of all exchanges?

There might be some fake volume by the bots but nothing more sensational that this.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:31:56 PM

Well isn't Houbi a leading Chinese exchange? So if this run has started and lead by China what's there surprising about main Chinese exchange leading the way of all exchanges?

There might be some fake volume by the bots but nothing more sensational that this.

Yep, there are plenty of credited exchanges where supply and demand are proportional. If Huobi tries to manipulate the price, the global market will correct it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: