Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:30:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall of Bitcoin?  (Read 2419 times)
leex1528 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:52:10 PM

Just a question here. 

So if Bitcoin prices go below a dollar ever, do you think that will be the death of Bitcoin?  The reason I ask is a lot of people try faucets/signature campaign or other methods to earn coins.  If it was at a dollar, that means you would have to give out a fairly large amount of BTC to get people actually doing it.  IE faucets would have to be around .001 per claim to make it even worth it.  I don't think the people who run faucets actually will be willing to give that.

Just random thoughts..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:59:57 PM

I think the timing is wrong for such a question. It's going up fast lately, haven't you seen?

BTC will never go down to a dollar. I really mean never, and I mean that if BTC ever goes down to $100, I and many other people I know, would jump at the opportunity and buy so many BTC that it would make the price rise again.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:05:02 PM

I think the timing is wrong for such a question. It's going up fast lately, haven't you seen?

BTC will never go down to a dollar. I really mean never, and I mean that if BTC ever goes down to $100, I and many other people I know, would jump at the opportunity and buy so many BTC that it would make the price rise again.

I am guessing you aren't paying attention to what is happening?  It has gone down $100 dollars in the last hour alone and is still going. 

I wouldn't say it won't ever go down to that I am also saying it will, I am just curious if it did.
zencomp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:05:11 PM

you are correct , the price how moved so high in 3 days and in 24 hrs it moved more faster and now it is going down also more faster, in this situation do you think that bitcoin will go below dollar. this question is really useless. just for trolling post dont make useless threads

Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:09:48 PM

First of all, interesting title name....

I think faucets are a waste of time at todays price of BTC and they would be a waste of time if BTC was <$1
Its all relative price to payout.

Now obviously people who grinded faucets in the early days certainly made some nice returns based off todays price..but those days are long gone.

To be fair, i wasnt involved in BTC in 2009 so im not really sure when the first faucets were active and what the general payouts were back in the day.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:10:21 PM

you are correct , the price how moved so high in 3 days and in 24 hrs it moved more faster and now it is going down also more faster, in this situation do you think that bitcoin will go below dollar. this question is really useless. just for trolling post dont make useless threads

Please actually read my post, it has nothing to do with me thinking Bitcoin will go down below a dollar.  I am asking you if you think IF it did, would it be dead
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:11:20 PM

First of all, interesting title name....

I think faucets are a waste of time at todays price of BTC and they would be a waste of time if BTC was <$1
Its all relative price to payout.

Now obviously people who grinded faucets in the early days certainly made some nice returns based off todays price..but those days are long gone.

To be fair, i wasnt involved in BTC in 2009 so im not really sure when the first faucets were active and what the general payouts were back in the day.

I believe they were occasionally giving out 1BTC.  That is what sorted prompted this question actually.  I just don't see people ever giving them much BTC out so it would be hard to get new people to join is my only point I am making
frenulum

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:13:10 PM

Bitcoin wouldn't go to a dollar without good reason. If Bitcoin ever goes below 100 DOLLARS, there's sure to be something wrong.

Jan 2018 recommendations: HST, ETN, HTML, EOS
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:14:23 PM

Just a question here. 

So if Bitcoin prices go below a dollar ever, do you think that will be the death of Bitcoin?  The reason I ask is a lot of people try faucets/signature campaign or other methods to earn coins.  If it was at a dollar, that means you would have to give out a fairly large amount of BTC to get people actually doing it.  IE faucets would have to be around .001 per claim to make it even worth it.  I don't think the people who run faucets actually will be willing to give that.

Just random thoughts..

What would be lost if people didn't use faucets or take part in sig campaigns?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
ShetKid

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:16:43 PM

Kind of a stupid question. Even if the price goes below 1$. Hackers/Anonymous people and a lot of drug dealers would likely still use it. So it will never die. And its also the easiest and quickest way to send money .

I think dollar might die though Tongue
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:18:32 PM

Just a question here. 

Just random thoughts..

What would be lost if people didn't use faucets or take part in sig campaigns?

Well I honestly thing that is how a lot of people get started on Bitcoin.  I am not saying everyone but in general I know that is how I got started
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:24:48 PM

I am guessing you aren't paying attention to what is happening?  It has gone down $100 dollars in the last hour alone and is still going. 

I wouldn't say it won't ever go down to that I am also saying it will, I am just curious if it did.

Oh, yeah! Wow! Well, I'm barely checking prices once a week. I did it more often these past few days as there were plenty of action, but this doesn't change anything if what I've written a bit earlier. I'm here for the long run. I don't pay much attention to fast movements.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:27:33 PM

Oh, yeah! Wow! Well, I'm barely checking prices once a week. I did it more often these past few days as there were plenty of action, but this doesn't change anything if what I've written a bit earlier. I'm here for the long run. I don't pay much attention to fast movements.

I am too, All I am trying to get is a hypothetically question and see what people though.  But most people don't read posts nowadays and they just assume stuff even though it takes all of 5 seconds to read what I am asking. 

Do you think Bitcoin would be dead if it went below 1 dollar:(
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:29:16 PM

well it was a rollercoaster today it went up like crazy but now it looks like the bubble has popped, price is hovering around 380 currently.  Sad
ShetKid

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:33:49 PM

well it was a rollercoaster today it went up like crazy but now it looks like the bubble has popped, price is hovering around 380 currently.  Sad
The problem was that price jumped a 100$. So a lot of sell orders were fulfilled. And its impossible to get so many buy orders in just a few hours. So when a lot of happy peeople cashed out, there weren't enough buy orders to fulfil those.
smiletyson

Activity: 661
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:35:19 PM

IF it goes down to 1$
I will buy at least 10k of it. It won't be dead.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 11:48:48 PM

Just a question here.  

So if Bitcoin prices go below a dollar ever, do you think that will be the death of Bitcoin?  The reason I ask is a lot of people try faucets/signature campaign or other methods to earn coins.  If it was at a dollar, that means you would have to give out a fairly large amount of BTC to get people actually doing it.  IE faucets would have to be around .001 per claim to make it even worth it.  I don't think the people who run faucets actually will be willing to give that.

Just random thoughts..

Unusual approach. It almost sounds like you define coin's life/death by whether there are faucets or not.
From faucets operator's point of view, all it matters is number of visits, ad revenue, and cost per visitor. So yes they could theoretically be paying 10 Bitcoins per visit, providing those 10 BTC was worth less than a cent and there still was a big enough number of people interested.

As for Bitcoin dying at $1 - depends what you define as "dead". If there are still people who mine it, use it, and are willing to pay even tiny price, then I'd say it would still be alive, only on smaller scale (although price and number of users/txs doesn't have to go in line).

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:52:13 PM

Just a question here.  

So if Bitcoin prices go below a dollar ever, do you think that will be the death of Bitcoin?  The reason I ask is a lot of people try faucets/signature campaign or other methods to earn coins.  If it was at a dollar, that means you would have to give out a fairly large amount of BTC to get people actually doing it.  IE faucets would have to be around .001 per claim to make it even worth it.  I don't think the people who run faucets actually will be willing to give that.

Just random thoughts..

Unusual approach. It almost sounds like you define coin's life/death by whether there are faucets or not.
From faucets operator's point of view, all it matters is number of visits, ad revenue, and cost per visitor. So yes they could theoretically be paying 10 Bitcoins per visit, providing those 10 BTC was worth less than a cent and there still was a big enough number of people interested.

As for Bitcoin dying at $1 - depends what you define as "dead". If there are still people who mine it, use it, and are willing to pay even tiny price, then I'd say it would still be alive, only on smaller scale (although price and number of users/txs doesn't have to go in line).

Well not if there are faucets or not, but if there is adoption and spread of the coin or not.  My theory is that it would be tough to get people to actually take to Bitcoin when it isn't worth anything and you have to invest your own money. 

Just random thoughts by me I guess
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 12:07:28 AM

Well not if there are faucets or not, but if there is adoption and spread of the coin or not.  My theory is that it would be tough to get people to actually take to Bitcoin when it isn't worth anything and you have to invest your own money

Just random thoughts by me I guess

If it isn't worth anything what money would people had to invest to get into Bitcoin? Few dollars or cents?
It could work both ways. High price - more people will see it as worthy investment. Low price - people will be more keen to share with others, do giveaways (like in the early days) or just use it as fun currency for tipping, micro-purchases etc.

There are too many factors to know for sure what it will be like if Bitcoin is worth one buck.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:13:28 AM

Let's just say this:

If bitcoin ever did fall, not even to a dollar, just somewhere ~$100, I would buy as many as I could, and so would a lot of people. Never underestimate the power of speculators.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: