Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:37:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadian customer buying from US = Shipping SCAM ! FTAA pffft  (Read 2178 times)
DoomDumas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 02:20:56 AM

Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) last dealed in 2003, was to make exchange of good and service easier between Canada, US and Mexico !

HEY !  How those kind of shipping fees can be Free ??  Like in FTAA (FREE trade my ass)

Federal Express
 International Economy $66.69
 International Priority $70.11
+ possible costom fees and taxes, when delivered at my door step !

I'd love to buy few items from BitcoinStore.com, but forget it with those fees.. It is really mad fees.. Like I often say.. It looks like US Govt dont want Canadians to buy in America's store..

It's not only from BitcoinStore, almost every US website offering goods have those kind of "completly mad shipping fees", think it's about customs..
Custom fees Huh  Nah, it's Customer Flees

Last week, I bought a pair of Ice Skate at a store near my home for 45$. They are made in China, much more far than the US..
They had to be shipped to the store from China, 7500 Miles away (straight line) and across oceans..

How could it cost 67$ to ship a much smaller item from US to Canada Huh

No choice for Canadian customers, we must buy from China...   After all, the states does need Canadians to spent their money in their store..

- A really deceived customer Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 02:22:52 AM

Go with USPS. Many times (not always) your package will get through with no extra fees.

And rates are much cheaper.
panda1

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 02:32:36 AM

Yup, USPS is the way to go.  If you had to use a shipping company I'd use DHL before I would use FedEx.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 04:38:27 AM

No choice for Canadian customers, we must buy from China...

Are you close enough to the border?
 - https://www.kinek.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 09:22:18 PM

BitcoinStore is now shipping via USPS which avoids the issue of the courier companies and their outrageous brokerage fees. By the way this will make BitcoinStore a fierce competitor in the international market with potential ramifications on the BTC / USD exchange rate.

The rule of thumb for a Canadian customer purchasing from the US of course is: Shipping via courier company = no sale.

By the way I have on more than one occasion purchased from an Ebay seller in China over an Ebay seller in the United States even though the Chinese seller had a slightly higher price because the Chinese seller ships via China Post / Canada Post while the US seller used UPS. Basically one pays say $2 more on the item to avoid say $50 of UPS brokerage and other fees to "broker" say $5 worth of GST/HST.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 10:16:11 PM

The rule of thumb for a Canadian customer purchasing from the US of course is: Shipping via courier company = no sale.

Yup. USPS and Canada Post have an agreement and you don't pay brokerage fees. Even if you have to pay GST/HST, Canada Post will do it for you and charge a minimal handling fee on top of the actual GST value ($8.50).

http://reviews.ebay.ca/Shipping-to-Canada-via-the-United-States-Postal-Service?ugid=10000000000084869

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
fourd00rgtz

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 02:39:42 AM

OP must be new to online shopping. Every Canadian makes the UPS mistake once, then they stick to USPS.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 02:49:47 AM

OP must be new to online shopping. Every Canadian makes the UPS mistake once, then they stick to USPS.

Actually I did not make the UPS mistake. I saw somebody else get nailed by UPS. I will do my best to spread the word on this scam.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 09:37:04 AM

Last week, I bought a pair of Ice Skate at a store near my home for 45$. They are made in China, much more far than the US..
They had to be shipped to the store from China, 7500 Miles away (straight line) and across oceans..

How could it cost 67$ to ship a much smaller item from US to Canada Huh
Those ice skates were almost certainly shipped by the container-load on a slow container ship that takes several weeks. Shipping them by land from the port to your local store probably cost the company more than shipping them across the ocean, actually - container freight is really cheap.

If you want fast shipping from China for a single item, you'll wind up paying even more than if you shipped it from the US and to the exact same companies.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: