Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:07:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: any way to cancel an unconfirmed transaction?  (Read 5466 times)
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6642

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 02:51:55 AM

Found Bitcoin-QT.

First I check the executable is there

from Mac OS dir $ ls
Bitcoin-Qt

Then I run this

Bitcoin-Qt -zapwalletxes

I get this....

-bash: Bitcoin-Qt: command not found

I matched case on the ls, have to be missing something
run it with ./ before bitcoin-qt.

DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:52:54 AM

Added this ./ to the front of Bitcoin-Qt -zapwalletxes

It launched Bitcoin-Qt.... no idea what is happening now.. hopefully launching with a delete on my unconfirmed txns

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 02:55:52 AM

It launched Bitcoin-Qt.... no idea what is happening now.. hopefully launching with a delete on my unconfirmed txns
When everything loads, check the transaction history and all of the unconfirmed transactions that were there should be gone. Then you can shut down bitcoin core and restart it normally. Everything should work and you can then resend all of your transactions.

DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:01:19 AM

When everything loads, check the transaction history and all of the unconfirmed transactions that were there should be gone. Then you can shut down bitcoin core and restart it normally. Everything should work and you can then resend all of your transactions.

This did not happen, the most recent transaction is now listed as status "conflicted", no idea what this means....dafuq

The next four transactions are listed as "unconfirmed" still with zero confirmations....

Starting to make me nervous with conflicted status, someone spending my coins.... Sad

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:03:25 AM

have run three times with the same result....

What is the long and short of this assuming nobody has stolen my private keys....?

achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 03:06:58 AM

try running it with -zapwallettxes=2 instead of just -zapwallettxes. I'm not sure if that will help.

DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:09:51 AM

try running it with -zapwallettxes=2 instead of just -zapwallettxes. I'm not sure if that will help.

No change

achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:02:22 AM

Found Bitcoin-QT.

from Mac OS dir $ ls
Bitcoin-Qt

Then I run this

Bitcoin-Qt -zapwalletxes

I get this....

try

./Bitcoin-Qt -zapwalletxes
You're slow, we already go past that. The problem OP now has is that zapwallettxes is not removing his unconfirmed transactions. I have been thinking about it but I don't know why that is happening.

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:03:10 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 04:13:34 AM by mullick

Found Bitcoin-QT.

from Mac OS dir $ ls
Bitcoin-Qt

Then I run this

Bitcoin-Qt -zapwalletxes

I get this....

try

You're slow, we already go past that. The problem OP now has is that zapwallettxes is not removing his unconfirmed transactions. I have been thinking about it but I don't know why that is happening.

Ya saw that and deleted it. Hadnt refreshed in a while I guess

I have never used the zapwallet command. I still use gavins bitcointools to remove txes from a wallet. But then we go down the road of getting python installed for op

https://github.com/gavinandresen/bitcointools

EDIT:

Depending on how many addresses you have you could run a "listunspent" then dump the private key for every address with a balance. Then import them to a new wallet. If you have more than a dozen addresses this would just be a pain. Backup both wallets and dont forget to dump the key to the change address from the unconfirmed transactions
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:35:29 AM

Found Bitcoin-QT.

from Mac OS dir $ ls
Bitcoin-Qt

Then I run this

Bitcoin-Qt -zapwalletxes

I get this....

try

Ya saw that and deleted it. Hadnt refreshed in a while I guess

I have never used the zapwallet command. I still use gavins bitcointools to remove txes from a wallet. But then we go down the road of getting python installed for op

https://github.com/gavinandresen/bitcointools

EDIT:

Depending on how many addresses you have you could run a "listunspent" then dump the private key for every address with a balance. Then import them to a new wallet. If you have more than a dozen addresses this would just be a pain. Backup both wallets and dont forget to dump the key to the change address from the unconfirmed transactions

I have run zapwalletxes both online and offline if anyone is interested.

I got the private key using the bitcoin-qt debug window on one of the hung txns using. I tried importing that key into another Bitcoin-qt client but it said the the key was not in the acceptable import format. I have no idea how to get such a format.

i can easily get all the keys, but I need a way to format them so i can import them back, strange the format out is not the same as the format in.... or if it is can someone tell me and I will see what i may have done wrong.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: