Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:36:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We Are Making History  (Read 7911 times)
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 01:44:53 AM

It stopped, you can zoom in and out as you please.
Maybe you mean it hasn't retraced 100%, it hasn't popped? I don't care, even if it goes 1000 tomorrow my point stands: it's manipulation.

You bet it's manipulation!

And now that the market has just come through a period of trending around and under the 61.8% retracement zone from the ATH, if you were a whale, smart money, a market maker, how high do you think you could pump the next bubble, and how many bazillions of USD do you think you could cream out of the market when you decide that the high is in and start selling, and stop supporting? Would $500 really be your answer?

Don't worry, wall street is watching.

It won't be long before they do more than watch.

i agree. The NASDAQ has already developed their own blockchain dubed "To" (with a symbol as the zero) and although they dont ADMIT its running, it is. Wall street is already here, might account for the price too Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 04:42:56 AM

Don't worry, wall street is watching.

It won't be long before they do more than watch.

How do you know they already aren't in?

But for one, Bitcoin market cap is way too small for Wall Street to get heavily involved in direct Bitcoin investment

And besides, if anyone thinks that Wall Street is going to make Joe public rich by pouring vast sums off cash into Bitcoin, then they are very much mistaken. It is Joe public who will be making Wall Street rich by pouring vast sums into Bitcoin.

sure, but if they want in on the profit they need to buy at some point.

and since the market cap is so low, even "loose change" such as a couple of million dollars would increase the price a lot.

sure, they will use all the tricks they know to try and shake out weak hands, lay bull traps and bear traps etc.

but i will hold and keep holding until i don't need to worry about money any more. And than hold some more.

amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 05:25:35 AM

To be honest, people do not even let it pass 500... They cash out all the time. I cant imagine a bubble anytime soon.
Yes people will start to sell if the price even touches again 500 mark. Last time also price begin to go down within 10 minutes after it reach near 510$. As natural human nature they always try to make quick profit, nobody cares about future price if they are holding small amount.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 05:37:10 AM

Well one thing I have noticed in the year and a half or so that I have been watching Bitcoin.  And that is:

No one knows shit about where the price will go.

NO ONE called this spike 10 days ago, no one that I read here nor anywhere else.

NO ONE predicted how long the BEAR market in BTC would last as we went down from $1000 to $700 to $500 to $300......

Maybe the dynamics of BTC may indeed allow a HUGE PRICE INCREASE as time goes by (probably, IMO).  As the technology catches on, as the "halvings" relentlessly constrict future supply, etc.

But, one thing lil ol me has seen is that NO ONE has a good idea of where the price will be next month.....

Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:21:19 AM

13k is chump change. This is the start of the most epic bull run in bitcoin's history. This is going to end up north of 100k usd per Bitcoin.
True. A steady bull run is obvious with the graph shown. I believe the trend will continue up and we should not panic yet about the bubble burst. Things are looking very positive now.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:33:14 AM

13k is chump change. This is the start of the most epic bull run in bitcoin's history. This is going to end up north of 100k usd per Bitcoin.
True. A steady bull run is obvious with the graph shown. I believe the trend will continue up and we should not panic yet about the bubble burst. Things are looking very positive now.

A pullback is a healthy sign of a sustainable rally though, having it pop up rapidly can have its own problems when it collapses.
Giving it the chance to stabilize rebuild a base price and then carry on is positive that and most people are still well in the green after the last surprise so it would not surprise me to see some people being satisfied as is.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:01:03 AM

Well one thing I have noticed in the year and a half or so that I have been watching Bitcoin.  And that is:

No one knows shit about where the price will go.

Only actual truth anyone will ever find in speculation forum.
Teppino

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

bitcoin hates walls

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:07:37 AM

It stopped, you can zoom in and out as you please.
Maybe you mean it hasn't retraced 100%, it hasn't popped? I don't care, even if it goes 1000 tomorrow my point stands: it's manipulation.

You bet it's manipulation!

And now that the market has just come through a period of trending around and under the 61.8% retracement zone from the ATH, if you were a whale, smart money, a market maker, how high do you think you could pump the next bubble, and how many bazillions of USD do you think you could cream out of the market when you decide that the high is in and start selling, and stop supporting? Would $500 really be your answer?

Well, i'm so far from being a whale....i wish i had those problems  Cheesy
If i have to guess those who make the market prefer the prices to stay low, because the percentage of btc they can take from trading is higher, this means it's easier for them to keep their advantage position. As for the pumps i say they'd pump high enough to raise social attention and greed but no way high like some wet dream extrapolations. After all what they don't make for a higher selling price they'll make from the number of bitcoins sold (and then bought back cheaper by means of same manipulation).
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:01:09 AM

A pullback is a healthy sign of a sustainable rally though, having it pop up rapidly can have its own problems when it collapses.
Giving it the chance to stabilize rebuild a base price and then carry on is positive that and most people are still well in the green after the last surprise so it would not surprise me to see some people being satisfied as is.

Yes continuous price rise is not the characteristics of good price rally. So you pullback is inevitable in every commodity trading. Ups and downs are most common to get a stable place over the time for a commodity. So after the price down we can expect some price appreciation towards a stable price.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:31:19 PM

If i have to guess those who make the market prefer the prices to stay low, because the percentage of btc they can take from trading is higher, this means it's easier for them to keep their advantage position. As for the pumps i say they'd pump high enough to raise social attention and greed but no way high like some wet dream extrapolations. After all what they don't make for a higher selling price they'll make from the number of bitcoins sold (and then bought back cheaper by means of same manipulation).

Are you mental?

Whales make loadsa money by keeping Bitcoin low?

No, whales make money, by inducing volatility into markets. By ramping them, and crashing them, and then ramping them some more.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:57:50 PM

Are you mental?

No, whales make money, by inducing volatility into markets. By ramping them, and crashing them, and then ramping them some more.

You're being sarcastic, right?
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:00:36 AM

No.

The only way to make money out of trading markets, is if their is volatility.

An even better way to make money out of trading markets, is if you are in a position to ensure the volatility and even control it. If this market's price discovery mechanism is based around a few unregulated exchanges, then all the better.

The whale, the market maker, the smart money, buys low, and sells high. The higher he can sell, the better, the lower he can buy, the better.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:46:03 AM

To be honest, people do not even let it pass 500... They cash out all the time. I cant imagine a bubble anytime soon.

It can when some big NYSE companies decide to step it. If they are they will do it slowly, however it would take some real time strategy from the bitcoin foundatoin to make adoption possible.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:50:36 AM

Are you mental?

wales gain the most from either a high stable price or a volatile price.

i mean if you have a lot of something, you want it to be worth a lot. Or you want the price to swing so that you can profit even more by trading, sinceyou havea large influence on how the swings will play out you can predict the market (you are a large % of the market n the first place).
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:06:11 AM

No.

The only way to make money out of trading markets, is if their is volatility.

An even better way to make money out of trading markets, is if you are in a position to ensure the volatility and even control it. If this market's price discovery mechanism is based around a few unregulated exchanges, then all the better.

The whale, the market maker, the smart money, buys low, and sells high. The higher he can sell, the better, the lower he can buy, the better.

What is so hard to understand about that?

I think this is oversimplified. Market makers know that they can't maintain the same range of trading patterns for the long term.  The volatility attracts more investors and eventually the floor of the market is raised.  They know that eventually the price will go higher so if they can front-run a rally early and then use their weight to send it back in the other direction, they make money shorting with leverage all the way back down.  Rinse and Repeat.  They can't stop the eventual uptrend of a market with great fundamentals like Bitcoin.  They can only delay it by influencing market distrotions and try to profit from the additional volatility they create by moving their weight around
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:45:24 AM

Now that the history is made but not according to the OP previsions everyone can think that the big words and the euphoria doesn't mean reality. It will be good for all of us to see and wait a little before speak. And above all to think a little more. Everyone who like bitcoin want a big price of it but pretend it when more than 70% of the countries of the world don't know at all bitcoin this mean to see dreams with open eyes. So feet on the ground and the mind clear. Must wait and do everything we can do to spread it as much as everyone can. Then explain what is and why is important. Who want, understand. Who understand do the same thing like its mentor. This is what we must arrive to do.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:09:01 PM

Yes people will start to sell if the price even touches again 500 mark. Last time also price begin to go down within 10 minutes after it reach near 510$. As natural human nature they always try to make quick profit, nobody cares about future price if they are holding small amount.
^^^^^ That was the right on the nose. OP, hyena, thought we'd see $13200, I know ridiculous. Don't ever believe anything hyena says. Just so f*cking ridiculous, $13200, really hyena???

Ziscadas

Activity: 452
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:50:19 PM

^^^^^ That was the right on the nose. OP, hyena, thought we'd see $13200, I know ridiculous. Don't ever believe anything hyena says. Just so f*cking ridiculous, $13200, really hyena???

If there is continuous adoption of bitcoin, $13,200 will be surpassed in 5 years. If there is no good community, the bitcoin will die soon,
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:03:29 PM

If there is continuous adoption of bitcoin, $13,200 will be surpassed in 5 years. If there is no good community, the bitcoin will die soon,

In terms of adoption and therefore being resposible for a rising price you're right.
And regarding the community I'm not sure what you exactly mean. The Bitcoin community is growing, evolving and changing constantly.
Lot's of debates happened recently. Fork, Blocksize increase, Bitcoin or Blockchain etc.
I think this all is part of the process.And each day more we are here and exist the harder it gets to "destroy" us.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:02:41 PM

In terms of adoption and therefore being resposible for a rising price you're right.
And regarding the community I'm not sure what you exactly mean. The Bitcoin community is growing, evolving and changing constantly.
Lot's of debates happened recently. Fork, Blocksize increase, Bitcoin or Blockchain etc.
I think this all is part of the process.And each day more we are here and exist the harder it gets to "destroy" us.
Bitcoin adoption won't necessarily bring that huge price increase. After all more Bitcoin acceptance and bitcoin commerce does cause price to drop more likely that rise.
Bitcoin price increase might be true when we would have more bitcoin than FIAT transaction, and we all know that is not going to happen anytime soon.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: