Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:46:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's up with referral links?  (Read 569 times)
worhiper_-_ (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:50:32 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 04:01:30 PM by worhiper_-_

Are they totally banned? Are there board specific rules or something?

I thought that posting it while making it clear that its a ref link was ok.

From my experience yes. IIRC the only time you are allowed to post a ref link is in a well rounded response. E.g. if someone asks for a good service for X and you reply with a well rounded review you may add a ref link if its clear that it is one.

I am not 100% sure on that though, but I think I read something along those lines. All in all, I would say if the ref link is worth it, put it in your signature and otherwise dont bother.
It depends on who you ask, but you are right. Only in extremely rare cases is a referral link allowed. The post has to be really constructive/useful and it has to contain both a normal and referral link. OP you shouldn't even try with them, as 99,9% referral links are considered as spam.

Thanks for this clarification, it's what I was looking for.

Question answered, topic closed.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:00:29 PM

These two quotes make it clear
just to clarify... i am allowed to put my ref link in my signature and suggest users use it in my main post?

Do not make topics or replies just to share your referral link. Whether it's in your sig, avatar, personal message, profile, within the post itself, or tattooed on your forehead is irrelevant.

Edited for clarity.
You are allowed to put your refferal link on your signature
So, when you make promotion, ask users to join through refferal link on your signature
And you might want to use link shortener, so every user can't know the refferal link

Any you should know it already when you join this forum

Still referral spam.

If you pay people to register under your ref link it works on games and rounds, also sometimes when people find new promos or giveaways they give their ref link and a non ref link, seems to be allowed aswell.

Still referral spam.
There is a similar thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1236568.0
worhiper_-_ (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:23:15 PM

I get that making a topic/response only to share a referral link is considered spam, but then again, what qualifies as making a topic only to share a referral link?

Does writing a lengthy post about what a service is and how it works with a single referral link below the whole thing that considered spam too?
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:25:42 PM

I get that making a topic/response only to share a referral link is considered spam, but then again, what qualifies as making a topic only to share a referral link?

Does writing a lengthy post about what a service is and how it works with a single referral link below the whole thing that considered spam too?
You taking the time to write about the service, mostly means that you are doing it for referral payment. Nonetheless mods might have different opinions of their own, and they are allowed to moderate a post according to their own interpretation of rules. All in all , this is something that is based on the moderator's opinion
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 03:27:02 PM

From my experience yes. IIRC the only time you are allowed to post a ref link is in a well rounded response. E.g. if someone asks for a good service for X and you reply with a well rounded review you may add a ref link if its clear that it is one.

I am not 100% sure on that though, but I think I read something along those lines. All in all, I would say if the ref link is worth it, put it in your signature and otherwise dont bother.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 03:37:49 PM

It depends on who you ask, but you are right. Only in extremely rare cases is a referral link allowed. The post has to be really constructive/useful and it has to contain both a normal and referral link. OP you shouldn't even try with them, as 99,9% referral links are considered as spam.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
worhiper_-_ (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:58:25 PM

Thanks for this clarification, it's what I was looking for.
worhiper_-_ (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:01:41 PM

Guess I'll lock the topic now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: