Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 01:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychopaths trying to control Bitcoin!  (Read 2618 times)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:00:21 PM

If the businesses that sells the most coins to the public decide to fork, miners will follow. There is no doubt about that.

How they would fork without miners? In these days China moving the bitcoin scene, without them it's not going to work. BTW they not going to follow. They will add BTC-XT as a new coin and going to make money from BTC/BTC-XT speculation Smiley.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:02:07 PM

My guess is that the Chinese exchanges will follow too as they also need capacity for the exact same reasons.

My guess is that the Chinese are not going to be bullied by the US and there is no actual need for the capacity (as trading on exchanges is not done on the blockchain).

No one is bulling anyone. This is open source technology and people are free to do whatever they want. The biggest US companies have decided to fork because Core does not responding to their needs. Well then, be it.

Very few people are actually using BTC for normal txs - it is simply not convenient and the fees to get your BTC make it actually a stupid idea (this whole argument about needing more volume of txs is actually just rubbish).

This is your opinion which a lot of people and businesses disagree with. Feel free to ignore those who find bitcoin convenient and want to do more tx with. Now they are forking you.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:03:23 PM

This is your opinion which a lot of people and businesses disagree with. Feel free to ignore those who find bitcoin convenient and want to do more tx with. Now they are forking you.

You say so and so do others wanting to control BTC but the fact is that I don't know *anyone* that uses BTC to buy anything beyond the members of this forum.

Even Microsoft *dropped* BTC as a payment option (and they are not the only company to do so) as basically no-one is using it.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:06:03 PM

Please stop this nonsence. Litecoin proved Bitcoin can switch to 4MB with no security risks. Actually it would be highly beneficials for Bitcoin users to have 4MB maximum blocksize right now because it means your transaction does not need to wait few blocks because blocks are full already quite often (I saw last six blocks each 950KB recently  Sad).

There's nobody against increasing the block size in a well planned, consensus based manner. What many of us up against is hijacking development, hijacking the blokchain and forcing a minority opinion to the majority for the sake of the financial interests of that minority.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:06:34 PM

There's nobody against increasing the block size in a well planned, consensus based manner. What many of us up against is hijacking development, hijacking the blokchain and forcing a minority opinion to the majority for the sake of the financial interest of that minority.

You nailed it!

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:08:00 PM

You say so and so do others wanting to control BTC but the fact is that I don't know *anyone* that uses BTC to buy anything beyond the members of this forum.

Even Microsoft *dropped* BTC as a payment option (and they are not the only company to do so) as basically no-one is using it.

As of right now, but businesses that are investing at putting rails to make it happen in the near future and bring the mainstream to use it through their services needs more capacity. They won't let their investment go away, they will use the code that meets their needs. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about that.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:09:35 PM

As of right now, but businesses that are investing at putting rails to make it happen in the near future and bring the mainstream to use it through their services needs more capacity. They won't let their investment go away, they will use the code that meets their needs. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about that.

They don't need to "take over the coin" in order for that to happen. Why can't you understand that there is no need to rush to do this (except that it seems you are a shill for XT)?

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:10:34 PM

Please stop this nonsence. Litecoin proved Bitcoin can switch to 4MB with no security risks. Actually it would be highly beneficials for Bitcoin users to have 4MB maximum blocksize right now because it means your transaction does not need to wait few blocks because blocks are full already quite often (I saw last six blocks each 950KB recently  Sad).

There's nobody against increasing the block size in a well planned, consensus based manner. What many of us up against is hijacking development, hijacking the blokchain and forcing a minority opinion to the majority for the sake of the financial interests of that minority.

Do you have any metric that demonstrate who are the majority and who are the minority? I'm sure you don't.

Bitcoin is money and money makes business happen. Businesses rely on timing their operations and Core fail to meet that timing. They are now forking, deal with it.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:11:26 PM

They don't need to "take over the coin" in order for that to happen. Why can't you understand that there is no need to rush to do this (except that it seems you are a shill for XT)?

There is a need to rush it, from a business perspective. You just fail to understand that part and why all of this is happening.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:11:45 PM

Bitcoin is money and money makes business happen. Businesses rely on timing their operations and Core fail to meet that timing. They are now forking, deal with it.

This is exactly the sort of psyco behaviour I am talking about - "deal with it". Cheesy

Deal with the fact that you will lose!

We are not going to be bullied by the likes of XT or its shills.

Bitcoin doesn't need to be "rushed to market" - only the pyschos are trying to do this in order to take it over.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:15:11 PM

This is exactly the sort of psyco behaviour I am talking about - "deal with it". Cheesy

Deal with the fact that you will lose!

The only thing psycho here is people ignoring the needs of the market and being all over the place because that market is now moving away.

So yeah, deal with it. No one will lose anything else but their ego and businesses don't care about yours.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:16:17 PM

So yeah, deal with it. No one will lose anything else but their ego and businesses don't care about yours.

I see - so your argument now is just reduced to throwing insults. Cheesy

Am not surprised because there really isn't any other valid argument at all.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:18:24 PM

I see - so your argument now is just reduced to throwing insults. Cheesy

Am not surprised because there really isn't any other valid argument at all.

How is that an insult?

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:19:33 PM

How is that an insult?

How about you actually provide a valid argument that doesn't talk about "egos"?

It is rather clear that you are a shill - but at least you should have better "shill arguments". Cheesy

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:20:28 PM

Do you have any metric that demonstrate who are the majority and who are the minority? I'm sure you don't.

Yes, there are some exact metrics on http://xtnodes.com/. As you can see XT adoption is 7.7%. I think it's safe to call that a minority.

They can fork if they want, I can't wait. Just do that. With merged mining both coins are minable what means double profit, in addition I still have high hopes for double spending my coins by buying LTC on both blockchains with the same BTC Smiley.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:22:05 PM

They can fork if they want, I can't wait. Just do that.

Agreed - I will be happy to take their funds and then spend them again on the "real blockchain".

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:22:35 PM

How is that an insult?

How about you actually provide a valid argument that doesn't talk about "egos"?

My argument is that you people think that the free choice = hijacking.

You want people to be forced down your path while they don't so it just won't happen. You'd better accept that sooner than later.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:23:44 PM

You want people to be forced down your path while they don't so it just won't happen. You'd better accept that sooner than later.

You only have 7-8% of people - so we'd better accept that this low percentage should rule Bitcoin?

In your dreams (you are starting to look ridiculous - hope that your shill masters are not reading your poor posts). Cheesy

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:24:54 PM

You only have 7-8% of people - so we'd better accept that this low percentage should rule Bitcoin?

In your dreams. Cheesy

Any source of these metrics? Anyway, it's not a majority of people that counts, its the economic majority.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:26:14 PM

Any source of these metrics? Anyway, it's not a majority of people that counts, its the economic majority.

There are links to show that hardly any miners are signalling BIP101 support - and you are very wrong about the "economic majority" - just shows that you don't even understand how Bitcoin actually works (typical of a shill).

This is the typical mindset of the wealthy - I have the money so I make the rules - Bitcoin is going to make these people "wake up".

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: