Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:10:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychopaths trying to control Bitcoin!  (Read 2618 times)
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:32:04 PM

Any source of these metrics? Anyway, it's not a majority of people that counts, its the economic majority.

There are links to show that hardly any miners are signalling BIP101 support - and you are very wrong about the "economic majority" - just shows that you don't even understand how Bitcoin actually works (typical of a shill).

Again, miners only care about money. They will follow the money regardless of their opinion on this issue. I would argue that you don’t understand how economic and human nature actually works.

I am not the one shit scared about the fork. I know what my needs of the blockchain are and which path I will follow and I actually don’t care what will happen to the other chain. Will it survive or not? I don’t care and I won’t be using it as I will be in the camp that needs more capacity as of right now.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:33:35 PM

I don’t care and I won’t be using it as I will be in the camp that needs more capacity as of right now.

That is the camp of non-existence really - as no-one needs more capacity now. The blocks are not even being filled at 1MB (only the spam attacks made that even look like it was happening).

So you guys invent a non-problem - create a bunch of hysteria about it and then threaten to fork.

Go fork yourself!

Personally I think you are a bunch of gutless people as you don't actually do what you threaten (why not fork tomorrow?).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:33:54 PM

Well im afraid only if bitcoin will go right way in future. We need bigger blocks, 2 MB for start would be enough :/
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:36:16 PM

http://meaningness.com/metablog/geeks-mops-sociopaths

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:36:32 PM

Any source of these metrics? Anyway, it's not a majority of people that counts, its the economic majority.

There you go: http://xtnodes.com/.

To support your claim about the economic majority could you provide some metrics about the number of coins stored in BIP 101 wallets compared to the number of coins stored in legacy Core clients, please?

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:38:49 PM

There you go: http://xtnodes.com/.

Thanks.

To support your claim about the economic majority could you provide some metrics about the number of coins stored in BIP 101 wallets compared to the number of coins stored in legacy Core clients, please?

Of course he can't and won't - he is a shill and isn't interested in science but politics.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:42:11 PM

There are links to show that hardly any miners are signalling BIP101 support - and you are very wrong about the "economic majority" - just shows that you don't even understand how Bitcoin actually works (typical of a shill).

This is the typical mindset of the wealthy - I have the money so I make the rules - Bitcoin is going to make these people "wake up".

I'd disagree. Bitcoin has value due to bitcoin holders. If miners mine something bitcoin holders don't like, they will dump the coin and put them out of business. If you want to get an idea of what economic majority wants, you can use something like this: http://bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/bip101-is-better-than-bip100

Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:43:07 PM

Isn't there already a CEO in charge of bitcoin, the Blockstream CEO?

How dare another CEO wanting to control bitcoin?!

OP does not (want to) listen.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:44:02 PM

I'd disagree. Bitcoin has value due to bitcoin holders. If miners mine something bitcoin holders don't like, they will dump the coin and put them out of business.

You seem to be rather seriously deluded.

If you have a bunch of BTC then you'd rather have smaller blocks to help keep the value of your BTC high (like gold).

Allowing a huge number of txs will do nothing to enhance the value at all.

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:48:41 PM

I'd disagree. Bitcoin has value due to bitcoin holders. If miners mine something bitcoin holders don't like, they will dump the coin and put them out of business. If you want to get an idea of what economic majority wants, you can use something like this: http://bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/bip101-is-better-than-bip100

Perhaps someone should ask MP, TAT and few other whales to cast a vote on this argument... Smiley.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:49:34 PM

Perhaps someone should ask MP, TAT and few other whales to cast a vote on this argument... Smiley.

Unless they have their own mining farms then why on earth would that even matter?

Some people just don't seem to *get* Bitcoin at all - they think that the rich can rule it like everything else before - sorry but you can't!

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:56:06 PM

Unless they have their own mining farms then why on earth would that even matter?

Some people just don't seem to *get* Bitcoin at all - they think that the rich can rule it like everything else before - sorry but you can't!

Satoshi promised that we'd get to watch them flounder and get rolled over by the bus as they (the psychopaths) try and control Bitcoin.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:57:34 PM

Because of some of the whales or groups of whales with clashing interests can use their forked/original coins to send exchange rates to the rock bottom on the forked chain while keeping the other chain on a higher value.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 04:59:05 PM

Because of some of the whales or groups of whales with clashing interests can use their forked/original coins to send exchange rates to the rock bottom on the forked chain while keeping the other chain on a higher value.

A load of rubbish - let's see them actually "try it" rather than just threatening it.

All I see is a bunch of psychopaths wanting to bully others - but they are going to lose (and we are going to laugh at them).

(they are so gutless that they don't even dare post themselves but hire shills to post for them)

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:05:13 PM

Satoshi promised that we'd get to watch them flounder and get rolled over by the bus as they (the psychopaths) try and control Bitcoin.

Satoshi also said the blockchain size won't matter as it would be run on decentralized servers.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 05:06:08 PM

Satoshi also said the blockchain size won't matter as it would be run on decentralized servers.

Your point being?

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:06:27 PM

A load of rubbish - let's see them actually "try it" rather than just threatening it.

All I see is a bunch of psychopaths wanting to bully others - but they are going to lose (and we are going to laugh at them).

(they are so gutless that they don't even dare post themselves but hire shills to post for them)

Are you still considering free choice to fork as bullying?

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 05:07:12 PM

When you have less than 10% of support and rely upon CEO's to make ultimatums then *yes* I would call the bullying.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:07:28 PM

Your point being?

My point being that all the FUD around centralization because of bigger blocks is way over the top.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:08:41 PM

When you have less than 10% of support and rely upon CEO's to make ultimatums then *yes* I would call the bullying.

So it would be better if they have forked without noticed? Are you being serious?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: