Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:14:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info Wallet - Can not send BTC  (Read 762 times)
EthanB (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:23:39 PM

Hello, I am not able to send any bitcoins from my blockchain.info wallet and this is probably going to be the reason I end up leaving blockchain entirely.

I am getting the error "Non-canonical signature: High S Value" from my mobile wallet. Am wondering if there's anything I can do to fix this?
I have already contacted support, but no reply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:26:26 PM

Here, check this out:

http://themerkle.com/tutorials/how-to-recover-your-bitcoins-from-blockchain-info-using-electrum/

EthanB (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:29:28 PM

I seen that, but I am not sure how to apply this on a mobile wallet. I can't seem to follow the same instruction or find where it would be similar.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 09:51:56 PM

I seen that, but I am not sure how to apply this on a mobile wallet. I can't seem to follow the same instruction or find where it would be similar.

Do you really need a wallet on your phone/device? I'd assume that you at least have a computer or the sorts. Just download Electrum on your computer.

If your computer is infected or there's some other reason why you can't use it, then download the Bitcoin wallet on Android (assuming you have an Android phone; I'm not too sure if there's an app for Apple). Then import the private key onto it and you should be good to go. I've never used the mobile app myself, but I'm pretty sure they allow importing keys.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 10:11:19 PM

On the mobile wallet, slide in from the left and select Wallet Settings. Then Select Backup wallet and it will export your wallet file to a location on the phone. You can then go to that location and pull the file. It might be encrypted, so you will need to figure out how to decrypt it. I think the easiest way would be to just make a new wallet on blockchain.info with your desktop and import the wallet file so that you can export the unencrypted private keys.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:15:17 PM

Did you enable email backups?

If so you can use that to restore your wallet.

Or do as described above.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:16:17 PM

Ditch the blockchain.info wallet once and for all. They have become terrible. If you really want to have a wallet on your phone, there are so many different other solutions that are working 100 times better than anything from blockchain.info.

You shouldn't be using an online wallet in Bitcoin anyways.
EthanB (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:39:08 PM

On the mobile wallet, slide in from the left and select Wallet Settings. Then Select Backup wallet and it will export your wallet file to a location on the phone. You can then go to that location and pull the file. It might be encrypted, so you will need to figure out how to decrypt it. I think the easiest way would be to just make a new wallet on blockchain.info with your desktop and import the wallet file so that you can export the unencrypted private keys.

This is not the case for iOs, I can not find where to access the private keys anywhere.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 10:44:50 PM

This is not the case for iOs, I can not find where to access the private keys anywhere.
Oh... I use Android.

You can try accessing the wallet from their web interface, if you set a password on the wallet when you made it. Go to the wallet settings page and find the Blockchain identifier. Then go to blockchain.info/wallet/<identifer> where <identifier is the Blockchain identifier you found. It should be entered as it is displayed. Go to that URL and you will be prompted to login. From there, you enter the password you set and login and then you can just follow the instructions from that tutorial.

EthanB (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 03:07:15 AM

I was able to receive a response from BlockChain Support.
they have let me know that it's just a problem with iOS users and they have a fix ready to roll-out whenever Apple gives their update the thumbs up.

I have accessed my wallet from the Web API, and I will make the move with my btc to QT/Core.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: