Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:55:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SHA256 Single Help and Advise  (Read 1694 times)
crazyearner (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 05:16:02 PM

Ok as the subject states BitForce SHA256 Single I need some help with this.

I am currently thinking to get my hands on of of theses over the next few months or so. I do like the ideas that you can combined this together to use more than one together.

My question is.... Can you mine LTC with theses as theirs no information regarding mining for LTC all am seeing is videos and information regarding BTC but nothing to do with other coins

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 05:20:00 PM

They are not compatible with anything except bitcoins.
Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 06:27:11 PM

GPUs are your best bet for being compatible with multiple types of coin mining. It requires to least amount of work to write new software for the GPU wheras with FPGA mining you not only need to create the logic gate design in the FPGA, but you will also need to reprogram the controller chip on the board to send the proper data to the FPGAs. ASICs are permanent and cannot be changed.
vitruvio

Activity: 850
Merit: 331

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 07:44:20 PM

I am currently thinking to get my hands on of of theses over the next few months or so. I do like the ideas that you can combined this together to use more than one together.

My question is.... Can you mine LTC with theses as theirs no information regarding mining for LTC all am seeing is videos and information regarding BTC but nothing to do with other coins

Hi, as Photon939 told you bitforce 256 and the others fpga and asic devices are developed to decrypt sha256 algorithm, so can only mine coins that use it, (BTC, PPC, TRC..). Not for LTC that use scrypt algoritm.

So when ASICs arrive the only profitable option for BTC will be ASICs and all GPU will swap to LTC. About profitability who knows? now hashrate in BTC/LTC is realted to price, we have seen last month that LTC prices has reach its max, and many GPU have switched to LTC, when LTC diff increased the will back to BTC and so on every week.

When GPU have no option to switch between BTC and LTC a new status quo will be set.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 02:45:02 AM

Hi, as Photon939 told you bitforce 256 and the others fpga and asic devices are developed to decrypt hash sha256 algorithm, so can only mine coins that use it, (BTC, PPC, TRC..). Not for LTC that use scrypt algoritm.

So when ASICs arrive the only profitable option for BTC will be ASICs and all GPU will swap to LTC. About profitability who knows? now hashrate in BTC/LTC is realted to price, we have seen last month that LTC prices has reach its max, and many GPU have switched to LTC, when LTC diff increased the will back to BTC and so on every week.

When GPU have no option to switch between BTC and LTC a new status quo will be set.

FTFY.
Merrick

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 06:47:49 AM

What would you recommend getting hold of for the same price then that allows to mine both btc ltc and nmc

Am already mining on a 5870 however the price for the new a's are too much for me

but still tempted to buy one of the sha256's as i also mine the above. When things drop by half in DEC the question is are they still going to be worth grabbing one ?

If you're dead set on multipurpose, add more 5870s that you buy cheap used, just realize that they won't be worth a damn to mine btc soon. Lotta people selling rigs.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 10:19:48 AM

What would you recommend getting hold of for the same price then that allows to mine both btc ltc and nmc

Am already mining on a 5870 however the price for the new a's are too much for me

but still tempted to buy one of the sha256's as i also mine the above. When things drop by half in DEC the question is are they still going to be worth grabbing one ?

If you're dead set on multipurpose, add more 5870s that you buy cheap used, just realize that they won't be worth a damn to mine btc soon. Lotta people selling rigs.

Unless you have free power .....& need heaters  Cheesy

But once the diff gets high enough,even those reasons won't mean anything  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: