Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone has Options for selling Paypal for BTC in Canada?  (Read 563 times)
X42 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 09:05:27 PM

I would be looking for a hassle-free way of selling my Paypal balance. I did it the past go through the hassle of buying BTC with Paypal by just finding someone who wanted to sell BTC for Paypal but having to deal with a person instead of a online service is a bit troublesome.

Would there be better options now, that BTC is more commonly accepted, to get BTC for it without paying ridiculous fees? Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:06:43 PM

I would be looking for a hassle-free way of selling my Paypal balance. I did it the past go through the hassle of buying BTC with Paypal by just finding someone who wanted to sell BTC for Paypal but having to deal with a person instead of a online service is a bit troublesome.

Would there be better options now, that BTC is more commonly accepted, to get BTC for it without paying ridiculous fees? Thanks.

Hello,

Honestly, it will be hard to get any PayPal without these ridiculous fees. You need to count on paying about 20% over the premium for any BTCs that you buy using PayPal. It also doesn't matter are you using Virwox or are you trading with some person that is willing to sell you bitcoins for Paypal.

Also you are a brand new account, so it will be hard for you to find anyone to sell you on this forum, but you can try. Post to the Currency exchange thread of this forum.

Cheers!
X42 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:43:58 PM

Hello,

Honestly, it will be hard to get any PayPal without these ridiculous fees. You need to count on paying about 20% over the premium for any BTCs that you buy using PayPal. It also doesn't matter are you using Virwox or are you trading with some person that is willing to sell you bitcoins for Paypal.

Also you are a brand new account, so it will be hard for you to find anyone to sell you on this forum, but you can try. Post to the Currency exchange thread of this forum.

Cheers!

I see, thanks for the reply. If there is really no proper option, i will just do it the long way. It take time to reach the bank account but there is no fee and from there i can easily buy BTC. Paypal has ridiculously high fee, so i guess expecting a easy way to withdraw money from it to BTC was asking too much.

Thanks anyways. If anyone come up with something else, let me know.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 01:07:28 AM

Quadriga Cx will accept Bitcoins to Paypal but not the reverse, Cavirtex and the rest won't even touch them because of chargeback that said i'm not quite sure but you could paypal to an altcoin somewhere then use a service like shapeshift to move it into Bitcoin if you find one that seems reliable.

Otherwise you will need to find a user that wants Paypal for Bitcoin it does happen now and then sometimes hosting requires it mumble digital ocean nodes or for ebay but as X42 mentioned that is hard to do as a newbie.
Best of luck with it.

Looks like Ofir wrote an article on it though
https://99bitcoins.com/buying-bitcoins-with-paypal-a-practical-guide/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
X42 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 01:13:47 AM

Quadriga Cx will accept Bitcoins to Paypal but not the reverse, Cavirtex and the rest won't even touch them because of chargeback that said i'm not quite sure but you could paypal to an altcoin somewhere then use a service like shapeshift to move it into Bitcoin if you find one that seems reliable.

Otherwise you will need to find a user that wants Paypal for Bitcoin it does happen now and then sometimes hosting requires it mumble digital ocean nodes or for ebay but as X42 mentioned that is hard to do as a newbie.
Best of luck with it.

Looks like Ofir wrote an article on it though
https://99bitcoins.com/buying-bitcoins-with-paypal-a-practical-guide/

Hmm i actually skipped over this article the first time, i just went through it and noticed that Option #3 says you can link your paypal account to your circle account, that is actually fantastic.

Thanks.

For VirWox, the limits are ridiculous and is really not an option for me.

So i'll have to look if i can link Circle to my Paypal account!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 01:18:35 AM

That's a good thing if your in the USA hopefully it works out for you best of luck Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
X42 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 01:23:50 AM

That's a good thing if your in the USA hopefully it works out for you best of luck Smiley

I am not, i am in Canada, but it look like the Paypal debit card, that you can link to Coinbase (the way to buy BTC with Paypal here) was available in the past to Canadians.

I'm trying to find up to date information but i keep getting directed to some crap Paypal "Don't need a card anymore" pages instead. I'll probably just e-mail them if i can't find the offer in the Paypal webpage options.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: