Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:59:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (DASH) View private/public key in wallet.dat  (Read 1818 times)
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 05:28:20 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 05:53:49 PM by helloeverybody

Hi ,

So i formatted my pc a while ago and still have what i think is my dash wallet.dat but when i try and install the wallet it wont download the blockchain (gets stuck at 13 weeks behind). Is there any way to pull my private and public keys from the wallet.dat? That way i can at least check that it has balance and then maybe import it into a different wallet.

Thanks in advance.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:34:34 PM

Hi ,

So i formatted my pc a while ago and still have what i think is my dash wallet.dat but when i try and install the wallet it wont download the blockchain (gets stuck at 11%). Is there any way to pull my private and public keys from the wallet.dat? That way i can at least check that it has balance and then maybe import it into a different wallet.

Thanks in advance.

better post it here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.112220 (Dash ANN thread, they love answerring questions like these there) or here :
https://dashtalk.org/forums/daemon-and-qt-wallet-support.64/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:35:50 PM

https://dashtalk.org/threads/resolved-power-failure-again-dash-qt-problems.5527/#post-57956

Quote from: thelazier, post: 57955, member: 2745
For dump priv key in 1 line command,
dash-cli listaddressgroupings |grep \", |cut -d '"' -f 2| awk '{ print "dash-cli dumpprivkey " $1}' |/bin/sh >> privkey.txt

EDIT : thats for linux
but i believe dumpprivkey work on windows gui too

uses (in console mode)
dumpprivkey ADDRESS

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:36:55 PM

noobtrader to the rescue .. well done.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 05:41:38 PM

https://dashtalk.org/threads/resolved-power-failure-again-dash-qt-problems.5527/#post-57956

dash-cli listaddressgroupings |grep \", |cut -d '"' -f 2| awk '{ print "dash-cli dumpprivkey " $1}' |/bin/sh >> privkey.txt

uses
dumpprivkey ADDRESS

i tried dumpprivkey ADDRESS but i get

17:40:18

dumpprivkey ADDRESS

Invalid Dash address (code -5)

noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:43:26 PM

uses
dumpprivkey ADDRESS

i tried dumpprivkey ADDRESS but i get

dumpprivkey ADDRESS

Invalid Dash address (code -5)

ADDRESS is your address

if you dont know try
listaddressgroupings

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 05:49:37 PM

Code:
17:46:54

listaddressgroupings

[
]

What address is it actually asking for there? sorry your dealing with an idiot here =p

noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:54:10 PM

Code:

listaddressgroupings

[
]

What address is it actually asking for there? sorry your dealing with an idiot here =p

do you remember your address at all ?  can you check address at the receive ? or if you have sent to exchange etc ?

helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 05:55:33 PM

Code:

listaddressgroupings

[
]

do you remember your address at all ?  can you check address at the receive ? or if you have sent to exchange etc ?

I honestly have no idea. I cant even remember what exchange i bought them from, And all i have on my computer is a wallet.dat which im assuming is my dash coins.

the problem i have is i cant do anything with the wallet.dat because the dash client just satys at 13 weeks so it doesnt tell me if ive got any coins in it, any addresses or anything.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:01:24 PM

Code:

listaddressgroupings

[
]

do you remember your address at all ?  can you check address at the receive ? or if you have sent to exchange etc ?

I honestly have no idea. I cant even remember what exchange i bought them from, And all i have on my computer is a wallet.dat which im assuming is my dash coins.

the problem i have is i cant do anything with the wallet.dat because the dash client just satys at 13 weeks so it doesnt tell me if ive got any coins in it, any addresses or anything.

have you tried with -reindex in your shortcut ? For example :

C:\Dash\dash-qt.exe -reindex

(and delete peers.dat before the reindex)

Or use a bootstrap ? https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:02:58 PM

Code:

listaddressgroupings

[
]

have you tried with -reindex in your shortcut ? For example :

C:\Dash\dash-qt.exe -reindex

btw
i dont understand why listaddressgroupings show nothing Huh

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:06:38 PM

i would try the bootstrap : https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap in combination with a -reindex
to get you past those 13 weeks and also i would check for other backups.. or is that the only wallet.dat you came across ?
No Dash backups on other USB sticks ? or other hard disks ? (Dash has an automatic backup system in the data directory, folder is named "backups")

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:29:54 PM

Maybe it is empty because it belongs to another coin? Thats the reason why i renamed all my wallet.dats when i backed them up
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 07:55:53 AM

Maybe it is empty because it belongs to another coin? Thats the reason why i renamed all my wallet.dats when i backed them up

Yeah I finally got everything working but turns out that wallet. Dat was either empty or from another coin. My backup could be anywhere in that case.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: